Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 522. (Read 1484191 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
If it has Dans stamp of approval it can't be bad, He knows what he is doing, I dare not question his judgement too much respect for him.

+ 1.

cryptoland has a funny way of getting you all flustered at the slightest thing. deleted my earlier post. heres to the future.

Sigh you guys are right, I'll get rid of my previous comment as well.

I think your last comment is spot on though.

what worries me is that crypto markets are mainly driven by emotion and not rationale. So that collaboration with other coins increases the chance for (unsubstantiated) FUD

when that news came out, I got fearful, started panicking and having doubts.

But I trust Dan and XC.

Also Qibuck sounds like an abreviation of "quick buck" which is unfortunate because it seems from the about page they are all about the complete opposite. lol

QiBuck (pronounced CHEE-buck) is the brainchild of several like-minded people from across the crypto community who were tired of the scams, the disappearing developers, the hype, and the inevitable pump and dump that has followed so many other altcoins.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
shit i made a big writeup for once and accidently deleted it.  Cheesy

in short:
colaborations have to be judged from case to case , in this case i think its a good side project that ads a facette to XC as a colaborating coin.
the keycoin sentiment is still strong in some, get past it, look where key is now, and i was a fierce critic back then, AEro review was already much better for XC reputation.

"leaks" like that happen with multiple people involved, but it wasn't a public twitter announcment, it was in XC thread which i still consider inner circle. and they already been quick to apologize , i think thats a nice move

XC is in a great position right now. 90% off exchanges in the monster bear market in all crypto and holding strong, announcement of collab or reviews pump other coins short term, we are becoming a force in crypto

XC is done with pumps, get ready for a real bull run, XC is imo the only coin in that position becides BTC ,last week showed that
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
If it has Dans stamp of approval it can't be bad, He knows what he is doing, I dare not question his judgement too much respect for him.

+ 1.

cryptoland has a funny way of getting you all flustered at the slightest thing. deleted my earlier post. heres to the future.

OK , I removed your quote from my comment as well, lol.  I feel what you were saying though.
Activity: 966
Merit: 550

+ 1.

Activity: 602
Merit: 255
hey there was a site which compared all the different forms of coin mixing tech to each other.. anyone know where that is?  I cant find the link..
Activity: 364

+ 1.

Activity: 966
Merit: 550
-my story-

The collab is most likely related to tech or business connections (I'm hoping). I don't think the discrepancy in branding is going to be much of an issue.

It's not that I am not confident in the dev team, I trust they know what they are doing. But what worries me is that crypto markets are mainly driven by emotion and not rationale. So that collaboration with other coins increases the chance for (unsubstantiated) FUD. I somewhat suffer from "FUD PTSD" having been through all the drama of a few months ago, that is why I am so vigilant about it.

The collab is most likely related to tech or business connections (I'm hoping). I don't think the discrepancy in branding is going to be much of an issue.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
Collaboration is not the issue... I dont think many mind and also trust the XC team to do the right thing. My beef is how it was made public.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
Activity: 462
Ultimately, collaboration on additional features (that would otherwise be ignored apart from collaboration) will be a greater benefit to XC than for the coin they collaborate with.  

Let me give you a real world example:  

Imagine, if it were possible, that both Apple and Microsoft's mobile teams collaborated with each other to develop a single new tech feature that would greatly benefit the consumers of both companies mobile platforms.  And imagine that they only had the capability to develop this feature through collaboration, as resources are limited.

• Would it benefit both companies to work together? Yes, clearly.
  • Would it be of greater benefit to either company to not develop this feature collaboratively? No, it would be less beneficial for both.

But perhaps the most important question:

• Which company will benefit more through collaborative development of this single tech feature?  Apple iOS, because no one fucking uses Windows Phone.

Qibucks will benefit.  But ultimately, XC will reap most of the benefits from this one collaborative effort.  Why?  Because XC's lead is firmly established with superior technology and an incredible dev team.

This makes logical sense, but it's purely speculation and a prime example why announcements about announcements should be avoided - it just creates speculation.

We have no idea what this collaboration entails other than that it is between XC/Qibucks and it is intended to help nodes make money.
The main takeaway from all of this confusion is that there needs to be protocol that is strictly adhered to for information on new developments.  The crypto environment is way too touch and go not to do this. The spread of misinformation and fear are all too prevalent, though avoidable if the proper channels of info are created and maintained.

That being said, I'm looking forward to see what this collaboration will bring.  Smiley
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Ultimately, collaboration on additional features (that would otherwise be ignored apart from collaboration) will be a greater benefit to XC than for the coin they collaborate with.  

Let me give you a real world example:  

Imagine, if it were possible, that both Apple and Microsoft's mobile teams collaborated with each other to develop a single new tech feature that would greatly benefit the consumers of both companies mobile platforms.  And imagine that they only had the capability to develop this feature through collaboration, as resources are limited.

• Would it benefit both companies to work together? Yes, clearly.
  • Would it be of greater benefit to either company to not develop this feature collaboratively? No, it would be less beneficial for both.

But perhaps the most important question:

• Which company will benefit more through collaborative development of this single tech feature?  Apple iOS, because no one fucking uses Windows Phone.

Qibucks will benefit.  But ultimately, XC will reap most of the benefits from this one collaborative effort.  Why?  Because XC's lead is firmly established with superior technology and an incredible dev team.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
I thought this community was better than this. But some of you seem only to be interested in short term gains, thus the irrationality in your behavior. Just like when Dan announced he will review another coin's code.

Lame.

Bull shit. If I was only interested in short term gains I would have cashed out my thousands by now. Been with this coin from pretty much day one, and in fact have invested a good chunk of money into the coin myself.

So please tell me again how I am only interested in a short term gain again?

My behavior is FAR from irrational. What I say is a FACT that you dont want to set a precedence for leakage of info for any bob and joe can come in here and say whatever they want, and because it has become a practice, people will believe it. If it is something negative, your a fool to think that a flash crash could not happen, and would be very hard to recover from.
+1 I agree doesn't hurt to like run this past us does it before making a decision..just saying, we have been here supporting the project from like it's birth...edit anyways im sure it's all for the best, just a bit of a shock...
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Who are these muppets selling at these levels, someone really should call a doctor....
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040
Some of you need to have a drink  Cheesy
Activity: 462
More important than who made the announcement is the fact that an announcement about an announcement about a yet-to-be-fully-disclosed feature was made.

I know qiwoman2 and silverkinguk were probably super excited about the collaboration and were probably just having a hard time keeping it in, but it's important to make announcements about things like this when full disclosure of detail is able to be given.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
You know what I hate?
Stuff put out there without "details".

You want to know what I dislike even more?

Stuff coming out from other people about work being done, that is not from the XC main team.

Yeah I said it. Have a nice day.

Yep, this looks a bit unprofessional as XC has a PR person currently. Hopefully this won't be considered as a PR stunt / pumping the value of both coins like happened last time when another coin's dev announced something prematurely.

its pumped their coin.

I afraid your right about pump! Another keycoin?
because they announced collaboration with xc? how is that bad? it could easily be considered a strong indicator of investor sentiment regarding xc ...not to mention more pr. emotions are an odd element in this community. can negativity be more productive than self-defeating? ...it's hard for me to fathom. questioning is good, but how we ask those questions can make a huge difference when communicating.
Activity: 97

I do not think it's appropriate to conclude that there's a conflict of interest based on news of a collaboration. That makes no rational sense imo.

- For starters, XC would not enter into a collaboration unless it was good for XC.

- Secondly, Samuel would not want to jeopardise either one of the coins he's affiliated with, because it would affect him negatively.

If the Crypto Currency Space was as united as the International Banking Sector, I am sure the market capitalization, technological enhancement and socio-economic growth of many Societies would indeed be phenomenal, if not life changing for a whole Generation.

I'd love to see some good collaboration between communities and different dev's working together to push technological advancements forwards. It's just miserable to see almost all of the coin threads filled with people spreading lies, namecalling each other and behaving very badly. Like a bunch of third graders on steroids with a plot to kill each other (actually, even third graders behave way better most of the time).

Hopefully something good comes out of this and innovation starts to thrive a bit more Smiley

And welcome to XC community!
Activity: 204
Merit: 100

I do not think it's appropriate to conclude that there's a conflict of interest based on news of a collaboration. That makes no rational sense imo.

- For starters, XC would not enter into a collaboration unless it was good for XC.

- Secondly, Samuel would not want to jeopardise either one of the coins he's affiliated with, because it would affect him negatively.

Yeah. Those on Bitcoin Foundation are in no way affiliated/work at any company in the crypto sphere. Also ask Charlie Lee.
Jump to: