Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 540. (Read 1484191 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Hello all

"Whitepaper," a term in cryptoland ostensively used to describe anything from a diagram to a full scholarly presentation, now pertains to this, Dan's diagrammatic summary of Rev 2 RC 1's trustless mixing process.

Some details attendant upon this:

- We anticipate you'll have a lot of questions about this, so Dan will host a Q&A session this evening here. The intention is to use Dan's summary to build up a public record of shared understanding about XC's technology.

- Trustless mixing is highly similar to, though predates, "coinshuffle", a paper for which is accessible here.

- For clarity, XC's trustless mixing is, in a nutshell, a randomised multipath version of coinshuffle on top of the encrypted P2P Xnode communication protocol.

See you later.
Activity: 509
Merit: 500
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
Is where the arrow is coming from amount in Bitcoins bought or XC bought? It confuses me.

XC bought.
First one in red or green shows the PRICE XC was bought @... where as the number after that is the AMOUNT of XC bought at the price.
legendary
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
Activity: 341
Merit: 250

Just took over Doge's position.  Smiley
legendary
Is where the arrow is coming from amount in Bitcoins bought or XC bought? It confuses me.

and the numbers to the left of that is the price they sold @ you probably know that already but just thought i would mention just in case, used to confuse me too.
Activity: 462

It is the number of XC bought. Someone bought 2 XC.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Activity: 407
Merit: 254
Question about something I just thought of...With the TOR stick, could I plug that into my xbox one and it connect to the internet through that? I am just thinking about alternatives to having my shitty laptop on 24/7.  

these are so cheap & use so little power, I was thinking of getting one to use as a little crypto server I could leave on all day.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220572
or something like it.  It comes with chrome on a 16 gb ssd but you could boot from the TOR stick or just install ubuntu.
isn't a raspberry pi cheaper?

ubuntu install: http://www.engineersgarage.com/embedded/raspberry-pi/how-to-load-ubuntu-on-raspberry-pi

yes, about half the price, but this has a dual core 64bit processor, a 16gbssd, & real ram;  it's a real computer.  you could install windows if you used a bigger hard drive.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto Currency Supporter
@ Astroxjr and Mountaingot

You guys NEED to check my COIN CONTROL NEWB GUIDE in my sig. Just go check it. Seriously, you dont have to donate or anything, but FOLLOW the guide or else you will be in pain sometime the coming months.

And always backup your wallet.dat!

Btw every1, Price Speculation Topic in my sig as well, keep this topic tight and clean for the whitepaper release!

ps: All I want is XC to continue delivering, the alts markets is a complete joke at this time, all I need is a good trade for a couple of XC and buy me some more kryptkoin, and let them stake along with my XC... then I ll be happy!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
hi guys, what releases are we expecting anytime soon and when approximately? i have been missing out on this thread Sad

A whitepaper is scheduled for release sometime today.

That should lock down 99% of the FUD Smiley
legendary
hi guys, what releases are we expecting anytime soon and when approximately? i have been missing out on this thread Sad

It's 2 am here in oz but can't sleep eagerly awaiting white paper, probably won't understand half of it but oh well  Cheesy
Activity: 462

Activity: 103
Merit: 10
legendary
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Hey Arlyn, someone has access to your twitter account. Time for a password change. Unless of course ur a single mom making money from her computer at home.

Argh. Thanks.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Question about something I just thought of...With the TOR stick, could I plug that into my xbox one and it connect to the internet through that? I am just thinking about alternatives to having my shitty laptop on 24/7.  

You don't need your laptop on 24/7. For staking you just need to open your wallet every so often - once every ten days or so.

I know I don't need it on 24/7 and how the staking works.  It just sits there propped up on my floor with ventilation.  It is also the computer I have my rigs running off of when I mine so thats why I got in the habit of it being on all the time. I was just thinking about how the One is always connected to the interwebz even when it's not "on" and didn't know if the stick could connect to the net.
Activity: 392

these are so cheap & use so little power, I was thinking of getting one to use as a little crypto server I could leave on all day.

or something like it.  It comes with chrome on a 16 gb ssd but you could boot from the TOR stick or just install ubuntu.
isn't a raspberry pi cheaper?

ubuntu install: http://www.engineersgarage.com/embedded/raspberry-pi/how-to-load-ubuntu-on-raspberry-pi
Activity: 1036
Merit: 275
Don't see why not! although you don't need to have it running 24/7 i have my XC split into different wallets on different machines all in cold storage i opened one up the other day had not been opened  for a month once it was synced and all that i got a stake of  100+ XC almost instantly.

It's a bootable os and I don't think you can boot into a usb stick via an xbox.

yes right as there is no way of doing that through usb
Activity: 840
Don't see why not! although you don't need to have it running 24/7 i have my XC split into different wallets on different machines all in cold storage i opened one up the other day had not been opened  for a month once it was synced and all that i got a stake of  100+ XC almost instantly.

It's a bootable os and I don't think you can boot into a usb stick via an xbox.
Activity: 407
Merit: 254

or something like it.  It comes with chrome on a 16 gb ssd but you could boot from the TOR stick or just install ubuntu.
Jump to: