Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 701. (Read 1484192 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

***The XC Daily Update***

Hello all

It's been confirmed by the developers that XChat will include voice calling in post-Rev 3 editions, and video calling further into the future.

So basically we have a decentralised, private, Skype.

Here's to the future!

Good lord!  Feel like my head is about to explode.

So you are telling me when this is all completed we could install the XCurrency App on our phone run an XNode automatically while staking at the same time and have private Skype functionality?!?!?

Yes, that is what they are telling you.

AFK while I sell my house...

Precisely.

XC's design has had mobile platforms in mind from the outset.

BTW, should that email icon be a chat bubble icon instead or is this another hint?

That's more of a marketing image, the actual ui will probably be diffrenet but it might not be.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Mac wallet with XChat update should be available later today!!!!

Thanks Dan. For clarification regarding XChat voice & video calling -- will these be encrypted as well? Thanks!
Activity: 427
Merit: 250
Is it going to be based on XMPP or custom protocols?
What about delays and jitter which would be enormous in multihop P2P and likely leading to unsatisfactory call quality?
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

Hello all

It's been confirmed by the developers that XChat will include voice calling in post-Rev 3 editions, and video calling further into the future.

Here's to the future!

Wow... I didn't even think that was possible.

Well played XC team. Well played.
Activity: 518
Did anyone think xcom for the name?

That brings back some great childhood memories!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Excellent. Thank you  Tongue
Activity: 756

Activity: 882
OMG !! I knew this was gonna be a good one. I can't find a gif to post that is woth of that epicness.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10

Hello all

Here's to the future!

Wow... just wow...

Not much takes me by surprise with XC, because I have nothing but super high expectations, but this one sure did.

This.. is... huge.
Dan has worked in this area, I'm sure he knows exactly what he needs to do.
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
Wow this is amazing stuff. I have a question as a semi-tech-illiterate though Smiley If we're talking mobile, won't this stuff still have to be transmitted over the major carrier's networks? Will that in any way hinder how this works? Sorry if this seems like a idiotic question.

mobile carrier networks allow data packets to be sent and received... Xchat will run over data.  what they going to do ? turn off your data plan ?
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
This is absolutely crazy!!!

Just to get an idea in 2011 Microsoft bought Skype for 8.5 billions $!!

http://www.dailytech.com/UPDATED+Microsoft+Buys+Skype+for+85B+in+Cash/article21584.htm

XC anonymous voice call!
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040
Wow this is amazing stuff. I have a question as a semi-tech-illiterate though Smiley If we're talking mobile, won't this stuff still have to be transmitted over the major carrier's networks? Will that in any way hinder how this works? Sorry if this seems like a idiotic question.
Activity: 322

Hello all

Here's to the future!

So you are telling me when this is all completed we could install the XCurrency App on our phone run an XNode automatically while staking at the same time and have private Skype functionality?!?!?

Precisely.

BTW, should that email icon be a chat bubble icon instead or is this another hint?
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Do u have  an official tweet you want to go out to advertise this, happy to put one out just would like it to be official like the last one...

https://twitter.com/XCurrency/status/494909561615417344
Do u have  an official tweet you want to go out to advertise this, happy to put one out just would like it to be official like the last one...
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Hello all

Here's to the future!

Precisely.

Activity: 616

Hello all

Here's to the future!

Good lord!  Feel like my head is about to explode.

That is a great mock up as well, love the clean fresh minimal design.
Activity: 322

Hello all

Here's to the future!

Good lord!  Feel like my head is about to explode.

Yes, I think that's what the future looks like.   Grin
Jump to: