Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 705. (Read 1484192 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Morning folks! Hope you're all enjoying the marvels of XChat.

The Daily Update will include a pretty exciting announcement later today.

Stay tuned...

Activity: 882
"Quote from: numisma on Today at 11:39:20 AM
While we're at it, why not add XCurrency also into this discussion? All three coins are in the same basket, aren't they?

Sure i am open to that, can you send me some pros and cons with sources to each point?"

this could be cool to be part of:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pros-and-cons-to-anon-coins-including-darkcoin-cloakcoin-lets-discuss-them-718489

I can only come up with pros though Smiley

- fully decentralised trustless privacy feature, world first
- known and reputable dev and Team, http://xc-official.com/the-xc-team/
- helpfull community and spirit (at least we could capitalise on keycoin review here on our own) https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8092391
- EM , Blockchain 2.0

what would be the source for the first , the OP?
what else comes to mind?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
im begging ya...guys.. what exchange? just left bittrex for mintpal.

I use mintpal with no problems - so far. But you really only find out when there are issues. I thought btc-e were fine until
I needed to use their support.  To be honest they're none of them perfect - I keep my XC off the exchanges unless I need to trade it - (which I don't)
Activity: 910
Merit: 503
125,000 XC premine?

That is quite a hefty premine if you ask me.

2.27% of all coins to exist in the form of a premine.

Sorry gonna pass on this one.

Sad to see such a post from a hero member. If you researched a little bit more about XC you will understand why in our community no one cares about the premine. This is because:

1. Fully transparent dev team
2. Delivering on every promise to date
3. Excellent communications between community and dev team

Even if XC had a 50 % premine I'd feel fully comfortable investing. But to each his own I guess.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
For all I care, Dan could blow the entire premine on hookers and blow!

Because he's earnt it. Grin

Be hell of a weekend though.

+1000

He actually deserves more than what was premined.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
125,000 XC premine?

Have you even seen what the team is like and the plans that they have for the delivery?

I am actually surprised they will do so much for so little premine.   This is not like other coins where the premine just gets dumped.   The XC team has so many things going on, I kinda wish they have more premine so the coin's success will be a bigger motivator for them....

I'm not really surprised that they work hard when they at the moment earned $114,000. I would also work hard if I got that as a payment. Don't you think that they mined XC in the beginning and also bought a pretty large portfolio of XC at low price? The coin's success will be a large motivator for them, they probably already earned a lot from own portfolio.
Activity: 210
Crypto Currency Supporter
125,000 XC premine?

being smarter than a "hero" member makes me happy,

it looks like idd labels don't make for a better person
Activity: 882
hey everybody, slept one night over keycoin "events", still feel abused looking at 24h volume. hope Dan has some words with them over their last update after his review. it still brings my pulse up thinking about it. its really difficult letting that go.Still no giving back and no hordes of keycoin members in here either.

I know long term belongs to XC. But Longterm is the summ from alot of short terms essentially. like in a marathon you still have to make one step after another, you can't just jump right to the finish line cause you know you have the best condition.

and no i don't want to become ranter of the day Smiley, thats it.

that premine discussion is old, some hate it some prefer it. with the public team we have i prefer it.

In case some missed it , XCurrency has all the positives the other Anon coins have combined without all their different issues, and then some!! And its working NOW.
Activity: 126
XC
Activity: 196

WTF

Are you kidding?! You think that's an excessive amount for these people to work their tits off for this coin? Any
serious developer would have some stake in what they are developing. (Not to mention what they need to support the development.)
If there was no apparent incentive THEN I would worry.
legendary
Activity: 1288
For all I care, Dan could blow the entire premine on hookers and blow!

Because he's earnt it. Grin

Be hell of a weekend though.
Activity: 684
Merit: 10
125,000 XC premine?

But it's...it's easy ... to, to talk about... It's easy to sum it up when you're just talking about premine. We're sitting in here, and XC supposed to be the industry-leading technology, and we in here talking about premine. I mean, listen, we're talking about premine, not the anonymous technology, we talking about premine. Not the technology. Not, not ... Not the technology that Dan spend endless day and nights building. Not the technology that is going to change the future but we're talking about premine, man. I mean, how silly is that? But we're talking about premine man. What are we talking about? premine? We're talking about premine, man. [laughter from the media crowd] We're talking about premine. We're talking about premine. We ain't talking about the technology. [more laughter] We're talking about premine, man.

For how hard Dan has work on this project I don’t mind him premine 3 times more than what he did !!!!!!!!

legendary
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
125,000 XC premine?

Don't understand why you would say that..it's like you think somebody cares...
Activity: 840
125,000 XC premine?

Well thanks for your consideration. The premine has been used for hirining talented indviduals that contribute towards the coin. You can find the team here (http://xc-official.com/the-xc-team/) and i'm not sure about you but I think that's a great use of the money. Further it will be used for future development.

I hope that you have considered more aspects of the coin and not just looked at the premine. However, we all have fundementals and if your not willing to invest in a coin with proven superior tech as well as a dedicated team because of a premine then it's your choice.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
125,000 XC premine?

Have you even seen what the team is like and the plans that they have for the delivery?

I am actually surprised they will do so much for so little premine.   This is not like other coins where the premine just gets dumped.   The XC team has so many things going on, I kinda wish they have more premine so the coin's success will be a bigger motivator for them....
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Its stated on the op and it is used for the good of the coin... And that's your call.. (and loss Imo) Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
125,000 XC premine?

Activity: 322
nice buy wall at 153 Smiley it seems that we are going up slowly but steady Smiley

Wo.. 35 btc.   Guess someone got sick of waiting to get their buy order filled when no one with large amount of XC is selling.  Grin
Activity: 364
nice buy wall at 153 Smiley it seems that we are going up slowly but steady Smiley
legendary
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
This reddit post contains reference to "XC":

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2c6pax/program_that_deanonymizes_anonymous_keycoin/

Opinions? Does this mean that the first revision of XC also had similar flaw?

This program requires complete access to your wallet.

If the "flaw" requires full control of the wallet, then wtf is the point?

It doesn't mean that it has to be sender's wallet. Any wallet will suffice. It seems that the program is using RPC API to get info about transactions.

Stop the blatant FUD. That's the whole "algorithm" of the moron who is trying to influence the market price:
               foreach (Vout vout in vouts)
                {
                    // addresses sometimes don't exists in vout JSON returned from client, we just ignore this case
                    if (vout.address != null)
                    {
                        if (coinsReceived.ContainsKey(vout.address))
                        {
                            coinsReceived[vout.address] = coinsReceived[vout.address] + vout.amount;
                        }
                        else
                            coinsReceived[vout.address] = vout.amount;
                    }

}

foreach (string addr in coinsReceived.Keys)
                {
                    decimal c = coinsReceived[addr];
                    if (c >= receivedAmount && c <= receivedAmount + 0.0003M)
                    {
                        return addr;
                    }
                }
As anyone can see, there is absolutely no logic, it's just a piece of shit, probably copy & paste from some M$ost department...

Yes, I can't see how this will have any effect on XC. Multipath obscures the amount sent and so using block height is no way to identify the sender.

Jump to: