Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 699. (Read 1484192 times)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
XC could rise up 300% in price and still be undervalued.

Activity: 672
Merit: 501
Finally a slow creep up. Long awaiting IMO, it finally is happening. Lets see if it holds. I am so fine a slow creep instead of the normal spike only to crash .
Activity: 519
Merit: 253
XCurrency has so many features now.  Dan has delivered again and again.
I have no idea why XCurrency is still so cheap.  I think it's gotta go up soon.

It's been going up for the past two days.  Wink

I think he means really go up.  Grin

Slow and steady wins the race.   Let's not have another super pump and dump like what Cloak is going through....   Long steady rise.. now that's much better.

+1

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly, slow and steady is much preferred to a pump-n-dump rise. It is just that one of these days people in general are going to realize that XC is real and that XC is delivering on what they promise. When that happens the definition of slow and steady may be different than what we normally think of.  Wink

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Slow and steady wins the race.   Let's not have another super pump and dump like what Cloak is going through....   Long steady rise.. now that's much better.

Been away for a few hours so let me just give my considered comment about today's announcement => Holy f**k.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

+1
Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Activity: 519
Merit: 253

legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

Activity: 225
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

pushing VoIP over multi-path wireless is very similar [in some ways] as RF conditions on a moving vessel change constantly, thus that "path" could go from steady to unsteady in milliseconds.

There are numerous variables at play and a "dial up" user isn't going to be able to do video with XChat as there will be certain bandwidth requirements.

I do have extensive experience with voice/video over a wide-range of network topologies [wired,wireless and satellite] and appreciate the challenges this task will face.  Part of it comes down the codec's used as well.

Dan

So you're saying this should be fun for you  Wink

We're aware of how bold the claim we made today is.

XC is under a lot of pressure because people's expectations are very high; the price would crash very hard if we're even late for an update, never mind if we were to fail.

So we do not make promises we're not confident we can deliver on.

XChat really can have voice (and eventually video).
It'll be encrypted, P2P and decentralised.

It's gonna happen.

Activity: 252
Great news team!!

Thanks for doing such good work. Mindblowing as always

New to this whole anonymous coin world, but after reading through dark, cloak, monero,  and xc, I've decided to buy some xc.

I was gonna wait until zero came around, but it looks like you have something here.

Cheers

Welcome!!
Activity: 210
Crypto Currency Supporter
Great news team!!

New to this whole anonymous coin world, but after reading through dark, cloak, monero,  and xc, I've decided to buy some xc.

I was gonna wait until zero came around, but it looks like you have something here.

Cheers

ty for your vote of confidence, its been a long ride already, and its not ending soon!
Activity: 158

Dan, consider, from a business perspective, if these calls and video calls do take bandwith on the networks, perhaps consider a charge fee for their usage?  XC used as tokens within the app and rewarded to the relaying nodes.   Drive up demand for XC.  

Yes this is being considered.

Roger that.  Putting on spacesuit. 

I should be more clear, as considered doesn't really imply that it is a key part of the vision, which it is.  This is what XNode is all about

Tweet THAT @xcurrency.
Activity: 252

***The XC Daily Update***

Hello all

It's been confirmed by the developers that XChat will include voice calling in post-Rev 3 editions, and video calling further into the future.

So basically we have a decentralised, private, Skype.

Here's to the future!

Good lord!  Feel like my head is about to explode.

So you are telling me when this is all completed we could install the XCurrency App on our phone run an XNode automatically while staking at the same time and have private Skype functionality?!?!?

Yes, that is what they are telling you.

AFK while I sell my house...

Precisely.

XC's design has had mobile platforms in mind from the outset.

Wanted to bump this with my post bolded just because I can't get over how big this is.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Good job with this new feature, I have bought some XC as I expect the price will go up to at least 200K.

Holding CLOAK and XC, I think these 2 are the best alts at the moment. Both very innovative.

Now spread the word mate, you are joining a very exciting club.. Things are moving at quite a pace and Imo this coin has no rivals it is that far ahead.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
Great news team!!

Cheers
Activity: 756

Dan, consider, from a business perspective, if these calls and video calls do take bandwith on the networks, perhaps consider a charge fee for their usage?  XC used as tokens within the app and rewarded to the relaying nodes.   Drive up demand for XC.  

I should be more clear, as considered doesn't really imply that it is a key part of the vision, which it is.  This is what XNode is all about

Activity: 158

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Is it going to be based on XMPP or custom protocols?
What about delays and jitter which would be enormous in multihop P2P and likely leading to unsatisfactory call quality?

From Dan's Linked in page:  https://www.linkedin.com/pub/dan-metcalf/12/1a8/b82

Wireless Consultant
Homeland Security Wireless
January 2005 – June 2009 (4 years 6 months)
Developed Large Scale Mobile Mesh Wireless which supports dynamic connection between multiple Access Points with out packet loss - an Industry First!

I think he knows what he's doing.   Grin

Yep, but that's slightly different thing. Large scale wireless without packet loss is great, but P2P for voice is pretty much different as you deal with peers who could have bad Internet connections, introducing high delays and jitter. It is likely that voice call would be routed via multiple peers for increased security causing delays and jitter multiplication which is killing for real-time apps like voice/video calls.

Totally realistic approach, but then again better have him working on it than some anonymous dev... Team has already announced a lot of exciting collaborations, we can only imagine what might be happening in the background, perhaps if some big player joins this and provides the resources I feel the team can achieve anything, they have already delivered so much. I am desperately trying to trade my way up.

This ^^

Not that mesh network and p2p voice/video calling are the same thing.  But, with his previous experience in the mobile field, I have all the confidence in the world that he knows what he is dealing with and has already thought about the complexity of the problem at hand.

This is not like some unknown dev came out and suddenly announce that they are going to produce a decentralized skype with absolutely no previous background, but at least a dev that has been there before in the field.

+1 many coins have "announced" they will feature voice chat and video chat but they all failed because of incompetent development. That is why XC will reign supreme. Man I am stoked for the future of this coin.

The thing that you all are forgetting is Dan is more than happy to bring in help if needed, we already have multiple expert coders lead by Dan.
Activity: 756

Jump to: