Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 697. (Read 1484192 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I predict we will soon witness the phenomena known in most crypto circles as "panic buying"

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
snip

Now I understand the point of Synechist.
Please, mods, remove this FUD.

Update: actually it is only Fear, not a complete FUD, still a component of the FUD plague.

Actually the fate of a different coin depends on the answer to that.

the fate of a different coin depends on the coin itself.
Please leave with dignity.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
snip

Update: actually it is only Fear, not a complete FUD, still a component of the FUD plague.

Actually the fate of a different coin depends on the answer to that.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
NOT FUD! FACTS!
Activity: 140
atcsecure... how legit is this?

http://pastebin.com/TvJkKiCJ

Activity: 280
NOT FUD! FACTS!
Activity: 162
If Dan is really serious about chat and voice (video does not matter a lot currently) over the XC protocol, what can I say, this is a totally new, grandiose, multibillion market. And most importantly it means freedom of communications - the missing link in the IT sector (for now). Anyone selling below 0.25 BTC makes a big financial mistake, remember this statement till Christmas.

Yes I am very serious about this.  The current XChat test release is 100% secure in its communication channel[message layer] and combined with a new initiative that has already started [details next week], I expect the XC community will be very excited with whats coming.

Dan

Wow, more goodies  Shocked I can't wait.  Grin
Activity: 756
Is the current chat based on a direct (encrypted) channel between both parties or are the messages relayed by other nodes?

eg: Will my real ip be revealed if i chat with someone?

Yes with the test release your IP is not concealed
bbr
Activity: 290

Mine still says it's not minting as the wallet is locked:

Did you click the unlock button? the "for staking only" should be checked

put in your password and hit okay

the wallet is unlocked for staking only, if you attempted to send coins it asks for password

Was just a bit confused as you mentioned that it would mint while the wallet is locked so thought you meant I could just leave the main lock on without doing the unlock for staking only.

Understood now! Thanks.
Activity: 978
Is the current chat based on a direct (encrypted) channel between both parties or are the messages relayed by other nodes?

eg: Will my real ip be revealed if i chat with someone?

bbr, did you enter your password to unlock for staking?

I have done that and it works that way but I thought atcsecure stated that it did not need to be unlocked?

It will still need to be unlocked to stake.  The bug was that when you entered your passphrase before the fix, it would say it was unlocked for staking only, but you could still send coins.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8125295

Huh

So yes, you just need to hit unlock and make sure "for staking only" is checked... now your minting with a locked wallet

Mine still says it's not minting as the wallet is locked:

Did you click the unlock button? the "for staking only" should be checked

put in your password and hit okay

the wallet is unlocked for staking only, if you attempted to send coins it asks for password

Activity: 182
Can someone list some nodes please.

east01.xcnode.xc-official.com
west01.xcnode.xc-official.com
west02.xcnode.xc-official.com

those should get you started

Thanks - Not sure what happened there, haven't had a need to run the mainnet clients for a while. First one as resynced and is unlocked for staking only, cannot send coins without passphrase again.
bbr

I have done that and it works that way but I thought atcsecure stated that it did not need to be unlocked?

It will still need to be unlocked to stake.  The bug was that when you entered your passphrase before the fix, it would say it was unlocked for staking only, but you could still send coins.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8125295

Huh
Activity: 105
Merit: 10

It will still need to be unlocked to stake (check the box for staking only).  The bug was that when you entered your passphrase before the fix, it would say it was unlocked for staking only, but you could still send coins.

bbr

Activity: 105

Activity: 70
bbr
Activity: 518
If Dan is really serious about chat and voice (video does not matter a lot currently) over the XC protocol, what can I say, this is a totally new, grandiose, multibillion market. And most importantly it means freedom of communications - the missing link in the IT sector (for now). Anyone selling below 0.25 BTC makes a big financial mistake, remember this statement till Christmas.

Yes I am very serious about this.  The current XChat test release is 100% secure in its communication channel[message layer] and combined with a new initiative that has already started [details next week], I expect the XC community will be very excited with whats coming.

Dan

You are a legend Dan, and this is all starting to get VERY interesting now!

Great progress matey... Will put a tweet out now...
Jump to: