Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 774. (Read 1484192 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
So many pages.  Can someone give me Cliff Notes for the last couple of days?

A lot of derailing the thread with misinformation!

Oh, so everything is normal?

Yup. The only thing of significance that's happened is that we released an updated roadmap with the following new information on it:

- UI update at Rev 2 (that is, we're adding a tx progress bar and tx confirmation for privacy mode)

- Rev 3 UI preview at Rev 2.5

- Rev 2.5 is the point at which trustless mixing is merged with secure private messaging

- Additional tech update to xnodes in the Rev 2 phase (just to whet your appetites :-).

Cool thanks.  My goal is to advertise that I'm the first person to buy a Ferrari with XC.  I want a green one with XC on the licence plate.
Activity: 233
Merit: 100
No offence to rob, but adding a media planner/buyer to the team isnt even on my top ten list of things that have been great about this coin. I know allot of media planners and buyers and honestly I don't see where they fit in a project like this.

Adding a person with a Rob's background is huge because:

- almost all Cryptocurrencies are run by crypto-geeks and coders and marketed accordingly.

- XC is for the mainstream and thus we need people who understand how to market to the mainstream.

- without quality marketing a coin will never make it to the mainstream.

So adding Rob Kremers is hugely important to XC's future. It's a major score, and the community reacted as such.

Media planners and buyers focus on paid media campaigns. A typical exposure campaign starts at $10,000 minimum. Even if he goes through an online RTB platform I don't see how he is going to target well enough to really get the XC story across in a cost effective way, and even if he could, paid advertising is something big companies do with multi million dollar budgets, XC is still asking people for donations. If we're going to waste all those donations on paid media instead of going through PR agencies like we are now, then me, like the people I know who do robs job, think its a massive waste of money.

Basicly, we don't have the money for it. We're not going to get a good cost per engagement ratio. This isn't coming from me, this is coming from ex colleagues of mine who work with brands such as Microsoft, MasterCard, Nike, Exxon mobile, and have extremely tight relationships technology side with companies like google and facebook.

Don't get me wrong, I love this project, but I don't think Dan understands marketing projects like this if he is looking for media planners and buyers when we don't have a budget.

Seriously, anyone in the industry would tell you this is a serious waste of money..

The thing is, we do know what you've just said.

And yet we think it's a fantastic idea to get Rob on board.

What does this suggest to you about our future marketing plans?

That you either

1) have a couple hundred thousand dollars in funding
2) that rob won't actually be doing paid media, and will be using his expertise doing something else.
3) or no offence, but your out of your depth

Please tell me its one or two.

All the marketing strategists I've spoken to think this is just a gimmick. And if its not, then I seriously doubt anyone in the team understands digital marketing at all. You don't run paid media campaigns with an unknown product to a mass market audience unless you have a huge budget.

Paid media is usually one of the last things a company with a low budget should even consider.

I'm seriously open for discussion on this, but I really doubt anyone on the team, including rob, will be able to justify spending money on a paid media campaign for this project, its a complete waste of money.

Urghhhh. Just so you know, I love this project, I've been one of its biggest supporters. But this is crazy. Almost sucidal. If you think announcing rob is the biggest news yet then I'm inclined to sell my XC. It seriously announces a lack of understanding for the industry your trying to enter..

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Media planners and buyers focus on paid media campaigns. A typical exposure campaign starts at $10,000 minimum. Even if he goes through an online RTB platform I don't see how he is going to target well enough to really get the XC story across in a cost effective way, and even if he could, paid advertising is something big companies do with multi million dollar budgets, XC is still asking people for donations. If we're going to waste all those donations on paid media instead of going through PR agencies like we are now, then me, like the people I know who do robs job, think its a massive waste of money.

Basicly, we don't have the money for it. We're not going to get a good cost per engagement ratio. This isn't coming from me, this is coming from ex colleagues of mine who work with brands such as Microsoft, MasterCard, Nike, Exxon mobile, and have extremely tight relationships technology side with companies like google and facebook.

Don't get me wrong, I love this project, but I don't think Dan understands marketing projects like this if he is looking for media planners and buyers when we don't have a budget.

Seriously, anyone in the industry would tell you this is a serious waste of money..

Let me spell it out for everyone is an easy to understand way.   They know how much a "typical exposure campaign" costs and fully plan on spending the money to make it happen.  In other words they are going big with this.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
So many pages.  Can someone give me Cliff Notes for the last couple of days?

A lot of derailing the thread with misinformation! Some genuine questions that were answered and help was given to newbie's
& sushichef got drunk.....

Since when is that news  Cheesy
Activity: 407
Merit: 254

A lot of derailing the thread with misinformation! Some genuine questions that were answered and help was given to newbie's
& sushichef got drunk.....
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
So many pages.  Can someone give me Cliff Notes for the last couple of days?

Yup. The only thing of significance that's happened is that we released an updated roadmap with the following new information on it:

- UI update at Rev 2 (that is, we're adding a tx progress bar and tx confirmation for privacy mode)

- Rev 3 UI preview at Rev 2.5

- Rev 2.5 is the point at which trustless mixing is merged with secure private messaging

- Additional tech update to xnodes in the Rev 2 phase (just to whet your appetites :-).

Activity: 126

Yeah for XC standards everything is normal Cheesy You saw the new updated roadmap?

legendary
No offence to rob, but adding a media planner/buyer to the team isnt even on my top ten list of things that have been great about this coin. I know allot of media planners and buyers and honestly I don't see where they fit in a project like this.

- almost all Cryptocurrencies are run by crypto-geeks and coders and marketed accordingly.

- XC is for the mainstream and thus we need people who understand how to market to the mainstream.

So adding Rob Kremers is hugely important to XC's future. It's a major score, and the community reacted as such.

Activity: 126

Activity: 103
hi guys,

sorry for a noob question, since im not a technical guy and just an investor. I would like to stake my coins with MAC wallet. it seems that i was not able to locate the wallet.dat file since i want to copy that to a thumdrive to back it up. how would i locate it? thank you Smiley and is the wallet version on the xc official website for MAC right? thanks again.

Hey milkyway

Yes, use the app version on the website. It's the latest for Mac.

You should find the wallet.dat file in /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/XCurrency

I'm not a Mac user so if this is incorrect then hit reply.

Thank you Wink <3 appreciate it! so i just have to unlock my wallet and let it stake right? despite my labtop being off. i just have to open it some times?

Sure. :-) Glad it worked out.

Yes, unlock your wallet. But unlock it for staking only, so that your coins are protected.

To collect interest you'll only need to unlock your wallet every few days. You can ignore it otherwise.

Ideally use coin control to allocate 50 - 500 XC to separate addresses. This makes payouts more regular.

P.S. If you haven't already done this, check out the wallet how-to for info.

Love you Wink
Man, whoever called out the mystery whale was dead on. Really strange activity the last few hours.

Same stuff that's been happening when we were hovering between 120-150k a few weeks ago.

Kind of pisses me off tbh lol, using the stability of the coin to his own ends.

Yeah. It's weird behaviour. The dumping is right after we release good news, which is the point at which the price is most likely to shoot upwards.

Remember when we announced Rob Kremers? Biggest news ever. Someone dumped about 10K.

So someone's clearly interested in keeping the price down.

legendary
hi guys,

sorry for a noob question, since im not a technical guy and just an investor. I would like to stake my coins with MAC wallet. it seems that i was not able to locate the wallet.dat file since i want to copy that to a thumdrive to back it up. how would i locate it? thank you Smiley and is the wallet version on the xc official website for MAC right? thanks again.

Hey milkyway

You should find the wallet.dat file in /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/XCurrency

Thank you Wink <3 appreciate it! so i just have to unlock my wallet and let it stake right? despite my labtop being off. i just have to open it some times?

Sure. :-) Glad it worked out.

Yes, unlock your wallet. But unlock it for staking only, so that your coins are protected.

To collect interest you'll only need to unlock your wallet every few days. You can ignore it otherwise.

Ideally use coin control to allocate 50 - 500 XC to separate addresses. This makes payouts more regular.

P.S. If you haven't already done this, check out the wallet how-to for info.
Activity: 103
hi guys,

Hey milkyway

legendary
Man, whoever called out the mystery whale was dead on. Really strange activity the last few hours.

Same stuff that's been happening when we were hovering between 120-150k a few weeks ago.

Yeah. It's weird behaviour. The dumping is right after we release good news, which is the point at which the price is most likely to shoot upwards.

Remember when we announced Rob Kremers? Biggest news ever. Someone dumped about 10K.

No offence to rob, but adding a media planner/buyer to the team isnt even on my top ten list of things that have been great about this coin. I know allot of media planners and buyers and honestly I don't see where they fit in a project like this. I personally think adding him last as the big announcement was a major anti climax, especially for those who understand what media planning and buying is.
legendary

legendary
1) Node A forwards a fragment to node B. Does this mean that node B is the end-receipient of a transaction, or is node B just forwarding it on further? You can't tell.

2) Node A receives a payment from someone. Node A also forwards some fragments soon afterwards. How do you tell whether the fragments are related to the payment received or not? You can't. There's perfect privacy there.

If the node receives a payment, it receives a payment (i.e. coins). If the node is "forwarding fragments", it's receiving a signature to sign a tx with. Right?

I've asked the devs to clarify this point because I'm not certain that what I'm about to say is correct, but here's how I understand it:

- nodes sign transactions rather than directly receiving a coin

- they sign with different private keys to the original sender's private key

- this means that several addresses are associated with a given fragment, making it impossible to tell which address the fragment originates from.

- but nodes also mix transaction fragments, so that outgoing sigs are from different addresses to the address the tx is received on, breaking any link between sender and receiver.

If I hear from the devs that this isn't accurate then I'll let you know asap.

Activity: 100

Jump to: