Pages:
Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 86. (Read 1484185 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
I'm off to bed, but I'd like to ask:

Who's had any issues with the latest wallet releases?

Version 2.49.08 on Windows, Mac and Linux.

Seriously. If there are any issues outstanding, we want to straighten them out pronto.

Question - Does the wallet link always get updated into the opening post or some other consistent location? 

I don't always catch the new releases and acknowledge that sometimes they are test releases so it is not unusual for me to not be on the latest (and I would like to become more involved with providing feedback if it helps the development)...

Hey hey, thanks for being keen to test new builds.

The link on the OP goes to http://xc-official.com/xc-downloads/ - a generic page for all downloads.

The latest releases will always be in http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

Seriously. If there are any issues outstanding, we want to straighten them out pronto.

I'm using the latest stable Linux wallet together with a couple of other PoS wallets on an elderly dual core PC. I need to restart the XC wallet once a day because it is slowing down my system to a crawl. I would like to downgrade to the previous stable wallet but I deleted it and it doesn't seem to be available to download any more.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Question - Does the wallet link always get updated into the opening post or some other consistent location? 

I don't always catch the new releases and acknowledge that sometimes they are test releases so it is not unusual for me to not be on the latest (and I would like to become more involved with providing feedback if it helps the development)...
legendary

legendary
NO ONE SHOULD Use Bittrex. Move to Poloniex or Bter.

poloniex cant be trusted either ( hosting there own scam ipo promoting it and then saying they had noting to do whit it < and shit like this )
and bter has problems to ( they steal money whit there system of trading )
craptsy ( has had innumerable problems sins day 1 * witch would have led to a insolvent exchange ) mtgox 2.0 ?
bitturex is swamped whit scam ipo.s ( 1 worse then the other )

Don't really understand why XC is not jumping into this by announcing and focusing on a decentralised anonimous exchange. This is what all we want.

But we have.

What's better than a decentralised exchange that runs only on one coin (and thereby lacks the market penetration to have any kind of useable liquidity)? A decentralised exchange that runs on the Blocknet.

The Blocknet will implement decentralised exchange as the second of its three core technologies.

So it's coming soon.

Please elaborate a bit more about the blocknet exchange and how you will be able to trade coins in there i mean BTC pairs and LTC pairs etc plus fiat. I mean a full exchange like bittrex but decentralised and P2P.

Market penetration, if it was built on top XC meshnetwork, would be reached as everyone would have wanted to trade in this exchange as it is the most secure decentralized true P2P way of trading. I meant a true exchange where you trade all crypto on top of the mesh network in there you can trade everything so I do not understand why you will need the partecipation of blocknet coins for the exchange when you can have them and all the crypto Market place on top of the exchange.

This off course would have boosted XC sales as Xmixers would have had a reason to be online to get fees now there is no reason to have an Xmixer and I have to buy in another product as well that could dump to 500 satoshi the day after I buy in.

You won't need to own Blocknet tokens to use the Blocknet exchange. That's the whole point.

It'll have as many currency pairs as there are participating coins.

Why have it at the Blocknet rather than XC?
- The user base is massively bigger
- Users of the exchange won't have to have an XC app. Any XBridge-enabled wallet will work.

Do you see the point? A decentralised exchange hosted on XC wallets will never work. It has to be cross-platform to gain any liquidity.

Arlyn I truly respect you and the team behind XC and that is the reason I am still here trying to grasp something that I do not seem to be able to grasp.

Im seeying more your point if people do not need to buy tokens to trade on the exchange they will still need to buy in whatever coin that is inside the blocknet to be able to use the exchange and they will be able to exchange it just with coins in the blocknet.

what I had in mind was a 3.0 web service exchange build on top of the mesh network you see my point? noone would have need to buy in any coin of any network he would just go in the exchange and create an account and trade. the exchange would have been on top of the mesh network instead of servers.

I see your point that with the blocknet exchange people will be able to trade from day 1 the coins in the blocknet. what I think is you can see my point also. The users would have arrived once you would have build a new exchange.

Hey Cryptico

A web 3.0 exchange built on top of the mesh network would not be something you'd log in to. Your app would receive bids and asks directly from other nodes, and it would trade directly with other nodes.

If it were only on the XC network, then how would Xnodes accept other currencies? They couldn't, because they're just XC wallets.

Alternatively you could build a traditional centralised exchange on XC's mesh network, offering different currency pairs as per usual.

But this would be no more secure than Bittrex/Mintpal/Poloniex. Its owners could still freely abuse their position of power in myriad ways.

What we're waiting for is a truly decentralised exchange. And for this to work, there needs to be an API in every currency's nodes that enable them to talk to nodes from other currencies.

It needs an XBridge. It needs the Blocknet.

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
All the unwanted dumpers are just about gone and good riddance too. 

Its pretty easy to spot who and from where is doing it.  All the alt coins that have a collab with us are making upwards movement whilst they dump their stock of XC to buy their coins to raise their coins up.

Numbers dont lie. People do.

Activity: 255
Merit: 100
So to run a node I just need to tag on this in the properties of the shortcut ? -distmix-autonode

Then open port 32348

and thats it ?

Anyone ?
Activity: 364

poloniex cant be trusted either ( hosting there own scam ipo promoting it and then saying they had noting to do whit it < and shit like this )
craptsy ( has had innumerable problems sins day 1 * witch would have led to a insolvent exchange ) mtgox 2.0 ?

Don't really understand why XC is not jumping into this by announcing and focusing on a decentralised anonimous exchange. This is what all we want.

But we have.

What's better than a decentralised exchange that runs only on one coin (and thereby lacks the market penetration to have any kind of useable liquidity)? A decentralised exchange that runs on the Blocknet.

The Blocknet will implement decentralised exchange as the second of its three core technologies.

So it's coming soon.

Please elaborate a bit more about the blocknet exchange and how you will be able to trade coins in there i mean BTC pairs and LTC pairs etc plus fiat. I mean a full exchange like bittrex but decentralised and P2P.

Market penetration, if it was built on top XC meshnetwork, would be reached as everyone would have wanted to trade in this exchange as it is the most secure decentralized true P2P way of trading. I meant a true exchange where you trade all crypto on top of the mesh network in there you can trade everything so I do not understand why you will need the partecipation of blocknet coins for the exchange when you can have them and all the crypto Market place on top of the exchange.

This off course would have boosted XC sales as Xmixers would have had a reason to be online to get fees now there is no reason to have an Xmixer and I have to buy in another product as well that could dump to 500 satoshi the day after I buy in.

You won't need to own Blocknet tokens to use the Blocknet exchange. That's the whole point.

- Users of the exchange won't have to have an XC app. Any XBridge-enabled wallet will work.

Do you see the point? A decentralised exchange hosted on XC wallets will never work. It has to be cross-platform to gain any liquidity.

Arlyn I truly respect you and the team behind XC and that is the reason I am still here trying to grasp something that I do not seem to be able to grasp.

Im seeying more your point if people do not need to buy tokens to trade on the exchange they will still need to buy in whatever coin that is inside the blocknet to be able to use the exchange and they will be able to exchange it just with coins in the blocknet.

what I had in mind was a 3.0 web service exchange build on top of the mesh network you see my point? noone would have need to buy in any coin of any network he would just go in the exchange and create an account and trade. the exchange would have been on top of the mesh network instead of servers.

I see your point that with the blocknet exchange people will be able to trade from day 1 the coins in the blocknet. what I think is you can see my point also. The users would have arrived once you would have build a new exchange.

and what is realeasing time of the new exchange? week/month/year ?? i
Activity: 700

But we have.

So it's coming soon.

legendary

But we have.

So it's coming soon.

But we have.

So it's coming soon.

legendary
any news to the XC inc. ito ?
will xc inc buy any blocknet tokens ?
in other words when im investing in xc inc token i also investing in blocknet ?
I dont want to fud only confused 2 weeks ago i want to buy some xc inc tokens with my xc coins
now i´m thinking about to buy some blocknet tokens with xc.
is there a date when the xc. inc ito release ?
Is it Possible to trade blocknet tokens later to xc inc tokens ?

Hey hey

The last time the team discussed the XC Inc ITO, the calendar (of other major ITOs) seemed to suggest that Jan/Feb 2015 would avoid a clash. That's still provisional though.

XC Inc doesn't exist yet, but in my opinion it would be prudent for it to buy Blocknet tokens. Doing so would also align its interests with the Blocknet's success.

You'll be able to buy Blocknet tokens with XC, trade BLOCK with BTC after the ITO, and of course buy more XC with those funds too.

XC Inc's ITO will probably support XC and BTC. Also supporting BLOCK is a possibility... interesting suggestion actually. I should bring it up with the team.

Thanks. Nice one.

Activity: 2008
Merit: 768
any news to the XC inc. ito ?
will xc inc buy any blocknet tokens ?
in other words when im investing in xc inc token i also investing in blocknet ?
I dont want to fud only confused 2 weeks ago i want to buy some xc inc tokens with my xc coins
now i´m thinking about to buy some blocknet tokens with xc.
is there a date when the xc. inc ito release ?
Is it Possible to trade blocknet tokens later to xc inc tokens ?
legendary

But we have.

So it's coming soon.
Activity: 364
What is wrong with Bittrex?

i would like to know also, because i have coins there.

will we hear any news from Dan or any other devs today? we need to do something, because these dumps sucks..
Activity: 714
What is wrong with Bittrex?

Activity: 280

Activity: 182
Activity: 121
any goodnews here?

Yes that luckily there are no un-polite un-educated people in our community.

bwahah!! haven't been on thread in a bit and was hugely disappointed with convos last couple of days ...researching what news coincides with volume spikes on charts ...checking out the first on sept 10th and found this post (will be looking at sept 15th next) but cryptico, you're my squirrel! spot on, buddy  Cheesy

edit: yeah, accumulation is phenomenal ...someone with a chunk of change is meticulously buying lower and lower. that can only be serious investor interest!
Pages:
Jump to: