Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 930. (Read 1484198 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Where the instruction to launch xnode for REV2?
Which port is open for the router? Write instruction!
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto Currency Supporter
Hi all

The advent of trustless mixing in Rev 2 is, of course, a major landmark in the history of cryptocurrency.

But we have another surprise for you today. You'll be very happy to know that secure private messaging has in fact been completed for some time, and around the end of this week we will invite the community to begin testing it!

Secure private messaging represents the beginnings of Bitcoin 2.0 technology, as it extends its functionality beyond that of merely processing payments. When the foundation of XC's architecture - the Rev 1 Xnode - was being built, it was necessary for its broadcasting system to be encrypted to prevent snooping on transactions. And since an encrypted communication system is at the heart of an xnode, it's straightforward enough to exapt it for users to communicate. This, in brief, is how secure private messaging works in XC.

Secure private messaging is not Rev 2. The test build we will release does not have trustless mixing in it. (After all, when you're testing for something, it makes little sense to combine a second unknown into the equation.) The two will be merged when testing on both is complete.

Secure private messaging will not affect our schedule to bring Rev 2 onto the mainnet, as it's completed already.

We need a testing team. If you'd like to try out XC's very, very private messaging, download it around the end of the week and give it a shot. We can't wait to give you a chance to play around with it.

Lastly, as a little surprise, we’re proud to unveil XC’s promotional video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00WyuTm5jvQ&feature=youtu.be

Really nice production, XC project is forming up a really professional model, it stands out already in crypto-scene, now it is going to revolutionize it not just by its tech, but by its marketing approach as well.
Activity: 154
I forgot where I put my wallet.dat
Activity: 84
Where the instruction to launch xnode for REV2?
Which port is open for the router? Write instruction!
Activity: 214
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
Very professionally produced ...  Loving it!

Nice implementation of the EM as well  Grin
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Activity: 60
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Hi all

The advent of trustless mixing in Rev 2 is, of course, a major landmark in the history of cryptocurrency.

But we have another surprise for you today. You'll be very happy to know that secure private messaging has in fact been completed for some time, and around the end of this week we will invite the community to begin testing it!

Secure private messaging represents the beginnings of Bitcoin 2.0 technology, as it extends its functionality beyond that of merely processing payments. When the foundation of XC's architecture - the Rev 1 Xnode - was being built, it was necessary for its broadcasting system to be encrypted to prevent snooping on transactions. And since an encrypted communication system is at the heart of an xnode, it's straightforward enough to exapt it for users to communicate. This, in brief, is how secure private messaging works in XC.

Secure private messaging is not Rev 2. The test build we will release does not have trustless mixing in it. (After all, when you're testing for something, it makes little sense to combine a second unknown into the equation.) The two will be merged when testing on both is complete.

Secure private messaging will not affect our schedule to bring Rev 2 onto the mainnet, as it's completed already.

We need a testing team. If you'd like to try out XC's very, very private messaging, download it around the end of the week and give it a shot. We can't wait to give you a chance to play around with it.

Lastly, as a little surprise, we’re proud to unveil XC’s promotional video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00WyuTm5jvQ&feature=youtu.be

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Synechist how we doing on the Rev 2.5 donations? Did we make it to $500?

I'll check after the announcement.

Synechist, update the twitter page with the newest wallet for mainnet.
Activity: 158

Arlyn, Teka, Dan, and XC Team:   Thanks for what you guys do.  Your hard work is appreciated.

Seconded

Thank you guys. Much appreciated.

Haven't been able to jump on my machine until I get home to test, but watching the IRC... looks like this bad boy is working.  Pretty sweet.    Wrap a UI around it and y'all have a winner.  Nice work.
Activity: 280
NOT FUD! FACTS!
If you want to test the new release of wallet, edit the run-xc.bat as follow:

@echo off
echo .
echo . Launching XC Client
echo .
pause
x11coin-qt.exe -testnet -irc -dnsseed -addnode=71.174.70.215 -gen=1
exit

USE THIS AS A COMPLETE SEPARATE WALLET. BACKUP YOUR WALLET.DAT, WITH YOUR MAIN ADDRESSES.

After you mine some coins, close the wallet, and delete -gen=1 from run-xc.bat, and run it again without mining coins since you'll have enough coins to test it....

After that, lets spam this release with tests, and submit some relevant feedback...

Did this but wallet has still not connected to network

No need to use that anymore...the wallet is ready for the mainnet...
Testing are taking place already on IRC, and we are receiving assistance from atcsecure on the irc...

I already tested the wallet and its working 100% on the mainnet...

This is the latest wallet ready for the mainnet...

http://107.170.169.56/release/wallets/xc-trustless.zip
Activity: 840
Is the next update going to be in 40 minutes? Can somebody please answer that?

Mountaingoat, give it a rest for G-d sake. Synechist has said 2pm EST the entire time. Do you know where EST is?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=time+in+boston+us&oq=time+in+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l3j69i57j0l2.1146j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=119&ie=UTF-8 from now on I will reply with the let me google that for you link
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
If you want to test the new release of wallet, edit the run-xc.bat as follow:

@echo off
echo .
echo . Launching XC Client
echo .
pause
x11coin-qt.exe -testnet -irc -dnsseed -addnode=71.174.70.215 -gen=1
exit

USE THIS AS A COMPLETE SEPARATE WALLET. BACKUP YOUR WALLET.DAT, WITH YOUR MAIN ADDRESSES.

After you mine some coins, close the wallet, and delete -gen=1 from run-xc.bat, and run it again without mining coins since you'll have enough coins to test it....

After that, lets spam this release with tests, and submit some relevant feedback...

Did this but wallet has still not connected to network
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Is the next update going to be in 40 minutes? Can somebody please answer that?

Mountaingoat, give it a rest for G-d sake. Synechist has said 2pm EST the entire time. Do you know where EST is?
Activity: 364

Awesome, thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Jump to: