Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1227. (Read 4670643 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
what do you guys think will be the bottom of xmr ?
I Think:    0.00101010

0.001 will be the bottom of XMR
Activity: 198
Merit: 100

1E-8 as always
Activity: 722
Merit: 500
StakeChain Community leader
Activity: 182
Activity: 722
StakeChain Community leader
Its doing the same for me.

Something seems to be wrong with MyMonero.com at the moment - if I try to start a new account, copy & paste the seed words it says "account does not exist!"

Shocked
My few XMR coins are still there so it is fixed I think.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
This is what I get for buying the second cheapest Dell comp in April. Embarrassed Embarrassed
LOL never buy Dell, Gateway, HP or Apple  Cool
edit: buy some more memory
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
Hey people, I just made a new XMR website Smiley
I had no much time, but I hope you'll like it.
Nothing special, but as I said before, I wanna help Monero to success.
Oh, here it is: www.xmr.website

Feel free to say if it is bad or good.
I am no so much pro with design, but I hope this can "pass" on Smiley

Cheers!

Good job building the website.
I like the layout and look.

Critique is: You misspelled 'mining' in that orange button in the center of the screen. You spelled it "minning."

Fix that and I will check out the website again. Kudos to you for building it! Smiley
legendary
Can someone explain to me who only occasionally watches Monero why it's going to shit pricewise? When I took a look at investing into monero but didn't it was at like $2, now coinmarketcap says it's trading at $0.37. WHY? Is Monero still working, is it still an untracable, anonymous crypto? Was it overtaken by a competitor? What's happening? I heard there was some trouble about attacks on the network and anonymint claiming he has broken monero or something. What's the state now? Monero looked super promising to me. Is there any real goods market for it? Shouldn't it attract certain types of markets for it's anonymous properties?

Would be happy to hear a short summary or at least link because there seem to be quite a of very long threads to read through to get informed.

when monero was $2, BTC was between $500-600. there was much more strength in all crypto this summer. confidence in BTC falls, alts hurt even worse.

development on monero is strong as ever. i would like to answer more of your questions but i'm tired. someone else will fill you in
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Can someone explain to me who only occasionally watches Monero why it's going to shit pricewise? When I took a look at investing into monero but didn't it was at like $2, now coinmarketcap says it's trading at $0.37. WHY? Is Monero still working, is it still an untracable, anonymous crypto? Was it overtaken by a competitor? What's happening? I heard there was some trouble about attacks on the network and anonymint claiming he has broken monero or something. What's the state now? Monero looked super promising to me. Is there any real goods market for it? Shouldn't it attract certain types of markets for it's anonymous properties?

Would be happy to hear a short summary or at least link because there seem to be quite a of very long threads to read through to get informed.

There was one attack, but that happened before the price drop and was quickly patched, and the bcx/anonymint noise turned into much ado about nothing. (BCX was nothing but pure FUD bullshit -- probably run by a competitor. Anonymint now supports ring sigs as the most viable method of anonymity, as far as I can tell, though some minor tweaks continue to be needed in his view, and I don't necessarily disagree.)

Since that time we have added a web wallet, fixed a bunch of bugs, released a few test versions with a database, and now had someone launch a Monero version of localbitcoins. Still, the price drops.

No, the only reason it is going all to shit pricewise is simply supply and demand and nothing about the tech at all. There is a lot of mining and we just ran out of people who wanted to accumulate (in the current overall pretty negative crypto-environment). At this point the only way to find buyers for the mined coins is for the price to drop where people will average down. Until some equilibrium is reached, whenever that might be.

Better discussion for the Speculation thread though, since there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the technology as you say. It is all a market effect.
Activity: 172

legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

hey xmr peepz, been a while since i was around. saw a new update. i have all my xmr on a piece of paper, ie my old seed from the last version ago.

is it safe to upgrade my existing install & can i still sweep my old xmr's on paper since the number of words has changed? (Meaning will --restore-deterministic-wallet still work with wallets created on the older version? Just can't afford to lose a lot of xmr/money ya know, i'm in long myself, so i don't care about todays' price to be honest)!

Thanks, this is one of my fave threads, but it's so large i have to keep coming back and i can't keep up! Sad

Here's what I would do, when you need to spend funds.

1. Restore your wallet from the mnemonic seed using the old version you already have installed.

2. Upgrade to most recent Monero version.

3. When you open your wallet for the first time, it will detect it is from an older format and will provide a NEW list of seed words for your wallet.

thank you saddam. I was thinking the same thing, makes sense, thanks! Smiley 
legendary
Activity: 1092
I'm a Firestarter!
Hey people, I just made a new XMR website Smiley
I had no much time, but I hope you'll like it.
Nothing special, but as I said before, I wanna help Monero to success.
Oh, here it is: www.xmr.website

Feel free to say if it is bad or good.
I am no so much pro with design, but I hope this can "pass" on Smiley

Cheers!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Its doing the same for me.

Something seems to be wrong with MyMonero.com at the moment - if I try to start a new account, copy & paste the seed words it says "account does not exist!"

Shocked
legendary

Shocked
legendary

hey xmr peepz, been a while since i was around. saw a new update. i have all my xmr on a piece of paper, ie my old seed from the last version ago.

is it safe to upgrade my existing install & can i still sweep my old xmr's on paper since the number of words has changed? (Meaning will --restore-deterministic-wallet still work with wallets created on the older version? Just can't afford to lose a lot of xmr/money ya know, i'm in long myself, so i don't care about todays' price to be honest)!

Thanks, this is one of my fave threads, but it's so large i have to keep coming back and i can't keep up! Sad

Here's what I would do, when you need to spend funds.

1. Restore your wallet from the mnemonic seed using the old version you already have installed.

2. Upgrade to most recent Monero version.

3. When you open your wallet for the first time, it will detect it is from an older format and will provide a NEW list of seed words for your wallet.

Activity: 658
Admin of DwarfPool.com

Some news from MoneroClub

Fixed rates and added editing of offers. Also you can anytime pause your offer and restart again.
Editing of valutas in existed offer is impossible, to change of trade pair just create new offer and delete/hide old.

Also I have tested node.
Some users may have disconnects with node after some time. The reason is not clear yet.
I myself extra tested the client on the slow channel (distance to server 2.5K km), the wallet from scratch, loaded all blocks with one disconnection. Just restart client and blocks loaded forward.

https://www.moneroclub.com/

To all who asked EDIT function, please correct your offers.
Admin of DwarfPool.com
The other question, since I've just seen that pool administrator Artides inside thread: How to flush a mined to adress onto 0,- ballance? Leaving mining dust today might get shrugged of, but I have to consider that 0,0xy XMR left behind could one day end up valued like "other coins" had been, then could be like $99 you just forgot inside a pant's pocket.

From some time I made payouts rounded to 0.1 XMR.
It was made due to reduce of dust in blockchain and wallets. And the rest (0.0xxx) stays on the account balances till next payout.
For active miners it's not problem, the new earning will be added here.

I have transferred always manually any balances if somebody ask.
Now I have Idea that I will collect inactive accounts and will proceed autopayout for all balances one time per week.
Activity: 655
I'm getting a 'server error' when I try and log into mymonero.com
Admin of DwarfPool.com

Some news from MoneroClub

Fixed rates and added editing of offers. Also you can anytime pause your offer and restart again.
Editing of valutas in existed offer is impossible, to change of trade pair just create new offer and delete/hide old.

Also I have tested node.
Some users may have disconnects with node after some time. The reason is not clear yet.
I myself extra tested the client on the slow channel (distance to server 2.5K km), the wallet from scratch, loaded all blocks with one disconnection. Just restart client and blocks loaded forward.

https://www.moneroclub.com/
Jump to: