Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1273. (Read 4670643 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
is your signature not marketing ?  Smiley

Yeah... Smiley
But I mean, we're very restraint in general. Just because it's not the time, or just because some in the community are involved in things that might help to market it indirectly, or on a longer term. I'm really glad we're not on the usual "heavy shiny promises marketing" crappy road most altcoins take right from the beginning. But I wonder if we're not too much the other extreme...  Tongue
It's no good to have only geek/engineer/scientists in a team for instance, they tend to assume a superior tech *must* win in the long run, and can't figure out that a different outcome is actually possible.

I'm partly kidding, I actually don't think we're being "so smart that we are completely counter productive", but nevertheless I think there is room for thoughts.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
No point in witness price surge if you did not bought low. Smooth emission will guarantee dumpers will run out of XMR by the time it will make even more sense for the price go up (wallet gui release, etc) Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053
Free spirit
is your signature not marketing ?  Smiley
legendary
Still wild and free
I'd dare to say that the Monero community is somehow too smart to market it.
legendary
Free spirit
Well anyway I think what I had in mind was more marketing activities. To start to get something going in that respect.

I think generally the consensus seems to be the new and shiny gui wallet is kind of a pre requisite to make it more accessible to the more general public (not just linux nerds).

Once that's in and running people can feel like there is something to link to and get some buzz around.

By the sounds of it the DB type blockchain will also be an amazing step forward in realised benefits reducing resource usage.

Why not start to have a good think now about the things and ways we might want to do stuff to get that message out and market what is being created.

A couple more pieces in place and adoption can hopefully increase.

Globb0
legendary
Still wild and free
I am using HexChat-application. To connect to those Monero-channels, I need also "ServerAddress". Like this one, which is for linuxmintchat "irc.spotchat.org/6667".

So what is the serveraddress for the Monero-channels?

Try irc.freenode.net/6667
Activity: 308
Merit: 109
I was compiling monero from source.

There are some cmake errors and missing files. What should I do?

Is there anyway some other thread for monero tech support?

#monero-dev or #monero
#monero  •  #monero-dev  •  #monero-otc  •  #monero-markets  •  #monero-pools  •  QQ Group: 272729907
(Freenode)

I am using HexChat-application. To connect to those Monero-channels, I need also "ServerAddress". Like this one, which is for linuxmintchat "irc.spotchat.org/6667".

So what is the serveraddress for the Monero-channels?
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
IMO, the GUI is dependent on the new database.

Once the database is considered stable enough for general release, I imagine the GUI will become the primary focus.  Those two technologies together is what will define an appropriate end/new user experience.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting bets in Darkcoins.

You can now bet on sports, horse racing, dice and poker, LIVE with your Darkcoins !

Thanks for your great feedback and thanks for voting.

Who's first to show a Darkcoin 'Direct' bet ?

Nice, but do you have any ETA for accepting Monero?

We're looking into adding Monero. We realize there is an overwhelming support for it here and we're currently studying it.

However, we might not be able to accept it until an official wallet with GUI is available and the API is finalized.

@Core team: Is there anything we can do in terms of funding to speed-up the GUI release? The DB seems to be ready soon, and when it is the case, any further delay before getting the GUI would be a waste, no? Maybe we can gather a fund specifically intended to reach completion of the GUI in a timely manner? Are the people working on it working full time? Is it possible to hire an additional person to help them? Could specific additional funding help in any way?

We already donated and funded GUI's months ago. Neither of the eventual bounty winners turned into an official GUI or was developed much further by anyone other than the person who wrote them. Everybody has been banging on for months that a GUI is needed and its not just people who think it will make the price increase. Its needed for it to become a usable currency in commerce as well. Monero is at a point now where if simple needs like this aren't met the amount of new investors will dry up even more. There are so many bagholders literally just waiting for promises to be delivered, if it goes on much longer they will eventually just cut their losses and move on. I'm sure the core team don't want this and everyone understands the difficulties in regards to time and payment but its been so long since launch now.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
polo down, but api is open?
or why are there trades? was it back up and went down again?

Seems to be up to me.
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1011
It looks like DirectBet added Darkcoin, but not Monero (yet?).

You can now bet on sports, horse racing, dice and poker, LIVE with your Darkcoins !

We're looking into adding Monero. We realize there is an overwhelming support for it here and we're currently studying it.

However, we might not be able to accept it until an official wallet with GUI is available and the API is finalized.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!
I did consider this, to prioritise and maybe fund a few items collectively. But isnt that what NEM (is that the name?) was going to do?

I didnt hear anything more of them lately.

maybe MEW could direct  some funds towards gui development indeed
legendary
Free spirit
I did consider this, to prioritise and maybe fund a few items collectively. But isnt that what NEM (is that the name?) was going to do?

I didnt hear anything more of them lately.

legendary
Still wild and free

@Core team: Is there anything we can do in terms of funding to speed-up the GUI release? The DB seems to be ready soon, and when it is the case, any further delay before getting the GUI would be a waste, no? Maybe we can gather a fund specifically intended to reach completion of the GUI in a timely manner? Are the people working on it working full time? Is it possible to hire an additional person to help them? Could specific additional funding help in any way?
Activity: 798
Its pretty simple why the price isn't rising, with the emission rate as it is there is absolutely no need to buy up asks, you only need to set bids and wait. This is obvious if you look at how skewed the order book is. Until the emission slows down to the point where you can no longer just place bids and wait for them to be filled the price will continue to stay stable or to fall. Patience is the key and at the moment most people are just waiting, there's just no need to rush to buy.
legendary
Activity: 1106
STOP DUMP PLEASE

- 1440 blocks per day = ~18800 XMR = by current price that is 28 BTC  Wink in order to keep the price

24-hour Volume in poloniex: 64 BTC / 41728 XMR

Do you realize that if you stop selling, the price will rise!!!!!!

No the price will rise in your case if we have more buyer. Current holders will sell if they find other good investment
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
Wait! We will hear that monero becomes botnet resistant and GPU minable  Roll Eyes
Actually they will announce the new XMR ASIC :p

One day, but not now.

Before that you will see "X11 FPGA" boards featuring: 11 chips on board Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
STOP DUMP PLEASE

- 1440 blocks per day = ~18800 XMR = by current price that is 28 BTC  Wink in order to keep the price

You can't argue with herd mentality.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
I was compiling monero from source.

It fails with the following output:

Change Dir: /home/tietokone/Työpöytä/monero/build/release/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp
There are some cmake errors and missing files. What should I do?

change to some 7bit/ANSI compliant path
legendary
Activity: 1120
STOP DUMP PLEASE

Jump to: