Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1345. (Read 4670643 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
Sorry to say it but coins are gone from mintpal.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Hey there Monero Developers.

What say you to the following:

Moolah (@moolah_io) tweeted at 6:40pm - 14 Oct 14:

@deadlyonetwo3 All [XMR] coins are still there. The developers have refused our attempts at contact to resolve daemon issues.

https://twitter.com/moolah_io/status/522185275049406464

Thanks!

Refused attempts to contact? WTF?!!!!

They can try posting here. Or PM, or #monero-dev or the email on our web site.

As far as I know, they've tried none of those.

I call bullshit.

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

@deadlyonetwo3 All [XMR] coins are still there. The developers have refused our attempts at contact to resolve daemon issues.

Thanks!

I'm not a dev and I expect one of them will comment soon, but I lurk in the #monero-dev IRC channel most of the time and haven't seen any attempts to communicate from Mintpal, there is usually one Mintpal person monitoring the channel too.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

Thanks!

Well there was this post ITT 2 days ago.

I got a reply from Mintpal.

Hi there,
I apologize for the delayed reply. XMR (Monero) is one of the coins where the daemon was having issues at the time of launch. The devs are working hard to get it up and running as soon as possible. Your balance is still there and your coins are safe.
Thank you for your patience

And now the company that runs MP is declaring bankruptcy and nobody has access to any of their coins but they assure us they are safe.

Well either they lied 2 days ago or they lied today, or they lied both 2 days ago and today.

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Well everyone has to withdraw CryptoConnection. They just announced bankruptcy.... http://blog.moolah.io

Disgusting.  I'm obviously concerned as I have a good share of holdings currently being held hostage my mintpal, alleging that it's our dev's fault that we don't have access to our funds.

This needs to be resolved immediately so that holders can get their assets.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Well everyone has to withdraw CryptoConnection. They just announced bankruptcy.... http://blog.moolah.io
Activity: 53

Thanks!

Thank you for pointing this out BlockChains.  I was going to ask about this as well.  I have XMR on mintpal as well without access to it. It appears they are blaming our devs for the issue.  This will need to be resolved so that XMR holders can withdraw their holdings, which I recommend everyone does at this time with everything going on at that website.  Please help out.  Thanks!
Activity: 110

Thanks!
Activity: 70
Activity: 350

It's been a long time since I've fallen in love with a piece of computer hardware on sight Cheesy

That was an decent wording of a very tough convesation.

Expect future regulations to focus on:

1. Consumer Protection - Prevent loss of money like Mt. Gox
2. Cybersecurity - Prevent hacking
3. Capital Requirements - For businesses involved

He made the point that point 2 will be the concentration 'for the remainder of this year', which was also the least described in the conversation IMO.

I wonder what we're in for?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
legendary

I don't understand @nioc, what you mean?

____

I am sure that there are optimized GPU miners, but they not yet shown into the world and a certain group of people working with them
they take a lot more coins per day from us

What I don't understand is, wasn't this from another thread?  Posts must have been deleted for obvious reasons.  No point in reconstructing them.  If you really don't understand then imagine I posted it in the VTC thread.

As far as optimized private miners, of course.  As far as taking coins from us, are you us?  That is do you mine or own Monero?

I'm not worried about the optimization. I'm worried about the quality of the software that's on my computer, not it's capability to make me more money than someone else, but it's capability to do whatever it pleases without mine or anyone else's knowledge on my computer.

My cards have mined cryptonight only for about 4-5 days total since this coin was launched (mostly around the times some brilliant individual decided to claim he had enough hashpower to fork/abuse the network), and it's not got a single thing to do with profitability. My cards have mined x11, x13 and scrypt since this coin was launched, and it's got nothing to do with profitability, as mining is the method by which I choose to buy and hold coins.

My cpu's; however, have done plenty of cryptonight mining, and it's not because of profitability.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

I don't understand @nioc, what you mean?

____

I am sure that there are optimized GPU miners, but they not yet shown into the world and a certain group of people working with them
they take a lot more coins per day from us
Activity: 26
I never said that I banned all users of this miner. I said that several banned users for attempts to submit duplicate shares emailed me with details about what miners they are using. Vulnerability fixed a couple of weeks ago and it's obvious that new versions were released after fix, there is no need to keep this exploit in miner any more. Details of this vulnerability is available and it's not miner's bug.

i've been using kminer for more than a week. it's actually pretty decent, hash slightly faster than claymore's in my system and also very stable. what i like about it best is it only takes 0.7% fee and that CPU usage tops at around 0.6%. claymore's usually hovers around 6-8% and could go beyond 10% in my system. another thing i liked about this miner is that it forced claymore to drop his fee to 2.5%. competition is good.
legendary
Bloomberg just talked about Darkwallet.

Where was this? An article?

$$$$$$$  Grin

As the price/BTC continues to decline, do you think the chances of someone releasing an open source miner for AMD cards would increase or decrease? Because I don't think anyone was ever going to release one so long as the price continued to move upwards. Or, do you see the price/BTC having nothing to do with the seemingly impossible dream of getting an open source AMD miner?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
where all disappeared
- until a few weeks ago .... this coin is the top, this coin is better than btc, this coin has a great future, this coin reminds me of the early days of btc

bullshit where all the large whales and players who talked very much

$$$$$$$  Grin

We need a good GUI
for better world publicity
Jump to: