Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1417. (Read 4670622 times)

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
You might wanna do some research on me before you start calling me out.

Just a thought.

You might want to provide research for what you claim. No one has time to research everyone they come into contact with on the internet; the burden of proof lies on you. I buy the pericope of the forum regulars more than the ramblings of some door-to-door salesman who just shows up at my door telling me how crappy my investment decisions are without providing factual evidence. Give me facts and save the down home salt of the earth businessman act for some rube in the sticks. Seriously, just tell me what you're selling, give me the specs and go away.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Did rpietila already go full bald?
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
They are - my bad - they are also a more efficient type to reduce the bloat by 1/4 of the size.  Its a more efficient way of handling the signatures for real world use at and on a high volume transaction network, which is what you would want for a coin to succeed.   Cryptonote will never be able to achieve this.

You talk as if we are incapable of changing from Franklin / Zhang ring signatures to Chandran signatures. We are absolutely able to do that, but the research from Microsoft Research is still in its infancy. It will require a lot of review, forethought, and testing. As and when the time comes, the Monero Research Lab will put out a publication to cover this, but we will not rush it, nor will we make a promise to implement it at this stage. We don't make impossible promises to pump the price, we only talk about something when it's practical and possible and in-progress.

sure you can change the code in any coin... and implement better versions.   I am not arguing that.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
You might wanna do some research on me before you start calling me out.

Just a thought.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
Its ok bud, keep bagholding your XMR. In the mean time my train-wreck of a team and I will continue to bank BTC daily.
Of course you are honest businessman, aren't you?  Cheesy
He is just a stealth man

Honest business man?

I dont know why that matters but I am stealthman. But for real guys..  The truth is I have an eye for these things. XMR code is flawed and needs to go back to the drawing board. XMR was not it the best spot before all this happened and now its in an even tighter spot.

This is the crypto world here and as much as you guys want to deny it, 95% of everyone here is just here to make money.

Now you got the whales telling you in a month all will be better and we'll be back to green pastures. Sorry to burst your bubble but this is not the case. These whales are just buying time while they unload their XMR" on you guys all the while you guys are thinking what a great deal to pick up on this dip."

Ohh boy.. You guys are in for a rude awakening.

"You think I would be pulling 50BTC a month income and growing monthly from my membership group if I was not on the ball when it came to making money?"    

Documentation goes here:

"XMR is dead, code is flawed..."

Documentation goes here:

"and you guys expect the price to go up?"

--Yes.

"LMAO."

--You laugh at your own bad jokes? Why?
legendary
I dont know why that matters but I am stealthman. But for real guys.. You think I would be pulling 50BTC a month income and growing monthly from my membership group if I was not on the ball when it came to making money? The truth is I have an eye for these things. XMR code is flawed and needs to go back to the drawing board. XMR was not it the best spot before all this happened and now its in an even tighter spot.

If you're pulling 50 BTC a month in income why are you chatting on an Internet forum on a Sunday? Don't you have a life that you should be living?

My life now-a-days is spent in this world while I stack as many btc as possible. And its Sunday... Im still in bed!

http://itsalmo.st/#timetokillxmr
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
I don't know why people are trying to keep XMR afloat while it might have security flaws all around and the only good thing it has are the ring signatures. There are other coins with similar technology now using bitcoin base code which is already proven to be secure.

Ring signatures are in which other non-CryptoNote coin again? I mean actually implemented and working, not just "promised". And does it have stealth addresses as well?
donator
I dont know why that matters but I am stealthman. But for real guys.. You think I would be pulling 50BTC a month income and growing monthly from my membership group if I was not on the ball when it came to making money? The truth is I have an eye for these things. XMR code is flawed and needs to go back to the drawing board. XMR was not it the best spot before all this happened and now its in an even tighter spot.

If you're pulling 50 BTC a month in income why are you chatting on an Internet forum on a Sunday? Don't you have a life that you should be living?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1005
I don't know why people are trying to keep XMR afloat while it might have security flaws all around and the only good thing it has are the ring signatures. There are other coins with similar technology now using bitcoin base code which is already proven to be secure.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Ok I've had my fill of idiocy and trolling for the day. I'll check in on you gents again tomorrow.
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001
I bought into XMR for security reason. These guys can't keep my money safe from themselves. Fuck it.  Stealthcoin it is then and thank god there's still time.

Did somebody put up a bounty for trolls from other coins?

legendary
Its ok bud, keep bagholding your XMR. In the mean time my train-wreck of a team and I will continue to bank BTC daily.
He is just a stealth man

Honest business man?

This is the crypto world here and as much as you guys want to deny it, 95% of everyone here is just here to make money.

XMR is dead, code is flawed and you guys expect the price to go up?

LMAO.

Now you got the whales telling you in a month all will be better and we'll be back to green pastures. Sorry to burst your bubble but this is not the case. These whales are just buying time while they unload their XMR" on you guys all the while you guys are thinking what a great deal to pick up on this dip."

Ohh boy.. You guys are in for a rude awakening.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
I bought into XMR for security reason. These guys can't keep my money safe from themselves. Fuck it.  Stealthcoin it is then and thank god there's still time.
donator
They are - my bad - they are also a more efficient type to reduce the bloat by 1/4 of the size.  Its a more efficient way of handling the signatures for real world use at and on a high volume transaction network, which is what you would want for a coin to succeed.   Cryptonote will never be able to achieve this.

You talk as if we are incapable of changing from Franklin / Zhang ring signatures to Chandran signatures. We are absolutely able to do that, but the research from Microsoft Research is still in its infancy. It will require a lot of review, forethought, and testing. As and when the time comes, the Monero Research Lab will put out a publication to cover this, but we will not rush it, nor will we make a promise to implement it at this stage. We don't make impossible promises to pump the price, we only talk about something when it's practical and possible and in-progress.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
what you say to this?

https://twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/507427225927708672

things seem bad for XMR right now - ring signatures are dead Chandran Signatures are the way of the future - get out while you can.  XST > XMR

That's from weeks ago.

Also, Chandran signatures *ARE* ring signatures.

Smooth commented on this on another thread (another Monero thread overrun by stealthy people). Chandran signatures are smaller for extremely large mixin values, such as 100, however, for typical real world values of 3-10, Chandran signatures would actually be significantly larger than the ring signatures used by cryptonotes. So, the size of Chandran signatures changes less quickly with mixin value than cryptonote ones, but for typical use cases, they are larger.
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001
He is just a stealth man
what you say to this?

https://twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/507427225927708672

things seem bad for XMR right now - ring signatures are dead Chandran Signatures are the way of the future - get out while you can.  XST > XMR

That's from weeks ago.

Also, Chandran signatures *ARE* ring signatures.

donator
Any cryptonote is not a good investment regardless - for FUTURE real world applications the Block Chain bloat itself by DESIGN is a big Warning sign for me.   Think if the XMR network ever hit BTC volume transactions... the network would fucking grind and the size of the block chain is going to be enormous.  

So you got Bad Code.  Bad Design for future applications and a possible exploit coming if not patched.

Here you can see from the DEV himself that there are "PLAUSIBLE"  attack vectors - wonder if this is how its going to end for cryptonote.
http://lab.monero.cc/pubs/MRL-0001.pdf

not trying to FUD here.. but please be aware if the codes written like shit, what else might be shit.

You're being obtuse - that publication presents an edge case that is not going to happen any time soon, and presents a fix for it.

The reference code is not "written like shit". There are parts that are obfuscated, and parts where the design decisions are not clear because the code is not commented. That does not mean it's terrible and must be thrown away, it means that the code should be incrementally refactored and documented.

Please go back to your thread if you have nothing useful or correct to say.
donator
Hey bud, TBH. I'm not a tech guy. I'm a numbers guy. I do have a tech adviser though who I employ to keep me up to date on the tech workings of the crazy crypto world I live in.

What are his credentials, cryptographically speaking? Has he published anything cryptographically relevant that we can read? I mean, since he's advising you on cryptocurrencies I would imagine it's a prerequisite for him to have an extremely strong crypto background.

All I can say is hes a respected member of this community who you all look up to.

I doubt that very much. The respected members of this community who we all look up to are known cryptographers and experts such as gmaxwell, andytoshi, wumpus, gavinandresen, and so on.
Any cryptonote is not a good investment regardless - for FUTURE real world applications the Block Chain bloat itself by DESIGN is a big Warning sign for me.   Think if the XMR network ever hit BTC volume transactions... the network would fucking grind and the size of the block chain is going to be enormous.  

So you got Bad Code.  Bad Design for future applications and a possible exploit coming if not patched.

Here you can see from the DEV himself that there are "PLAUSIBLE"  attack vectors - wonder if this is how its going to end for cryptonote.
http://lab.monero.cc/pubs/MRL-0001.pdf

not trying to FUD here.. but please be aware if the codes written like shit, what else might be shit.
Jump to: