Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1521. (Read 4670622 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
No your .keys file and the deterministic seed will work with every wallet we will publish, you can even use the same keys file on different guis or spv wallets when they are out without problems Smiley
Activity: 490
Merit: 266
Anyone who wants a GUI is free to use one of the third party ones, the development of which were supported by the community including the core developers.

Just because we are working hard on a brand new GUI that is truly revolutionary in terms of ease-of-use and design does take anything away from the more traditional GUIs that are available now:

Monero Client .NET (for Windows) - Please use v0.39.0-rc.1!
Monero QT Wallet (for all platforms) - You need to compile it from GitHub

I have to agree, there's even a nice illustrated "Getting Started" user guide for the .NET client Wink

I know some people view .Net as the bloated offspring of the diseased beast that is Windows, but for the average user who just wants an easy way to look after their Monero it ticks most of the boxes.

"Using the bloated offspring off the diseased beast that is Windows" net wallet  Will I be able import the wallet file and keys directly into the new gui when it is released? Or will I have to create a new wallet and send the coins to the new wallet?
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
I read that the dev made that on purpose. Just wanted to inform you. I'm not and will Not be invested in your monero. Good luck

Go die in a fire get fucked, you bytecoin/CN shill.

Edit.. so .. why are you even here? Oh cuz your butthurt. hahha. have fun loser.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Anyone who wants a GUI is free to use one of the third party ones, the development of which were supported by the community including the core developers.

Just because we are working hard on a brand new GUI that is truly revolutionary in terms of ease-of-use and design does take anything away from the more traditional GUIs that are available now:

I have to agree, there's even a nice illustrated "Getting Started" user guide for the .NET client Wink

I know some people view .Net as the bloated offspring of the diseased beast that is Windows, but for the average user who just wants an easy way to look after their Monero it ticks most of the boxes.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
I read that the dev made that on purpose. Just wanted to inform you. I'm not and will Not be invested in your monero. Good luck

you didnt read well
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
I love this coin for it's innovation but what eludes me is why it never takes off.  Cheesy

It's already trading well above $2. It took Bitcoin quite a bit longer to achieve that (and total supply is roughly comparable).
Activity: 302
Activity: 560
I upgraded to the newest version but now the bitmonerod executable keeps giving errors that the transaction fee is not enough (tx_pool.ccp:91). I' not making transactions or anything, merely letting the node run and syncing. When I refresh my wallet I don't get any errors.

Does anyone have an idea what this is?

It's just network chatter. You can ignore it. These specific notifications are because we recently hiked fees to prevent spam attacks (with a more adaptive fix to come in the next release).
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
I upgraded to the newest version but now the bitmonerod executable keeps giving errors that the transaction fee is not enough (tx_pool.ccp:91). I' not making transactions or anything, merely letting the node run and syncing. When I refresh my wallet I don't get any errors.

Does anyone have an idea what this is?
Activity: 560

Did you actually read it? He's talking about what was going on in May and June. It was known to us and seeing as XMR isn't dead, it didn't have a big impact. Others also released fast CPU miners and the GPU miner wasn't much more effective than CPU miners.

Also, people who know how to code making their own private miners isn't a "scam". You might as well complain that surgeons make more money than you because they know how to perform surgery and you don't.
Activity: 294
I love this coin for it's innovation but what eludes me is why it never takes off.  Cheesy

it's because of the emission, those who are patient will win big.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

legendary

It's just not ready yet.  When the GUI and database are ironed out, I believe we'll see much more adoption.

So, I view our current status as something of an IPO.  Or a technology preview for us alpha nerds.

I remember years and years ago when Bitcoin was simmering below the surface.  You'd see an occasional release posted to Freshmeat and whatnot.  This is very similar.  Command line and all.

Spot on brotha!! Thanks!! Smiley
legendary
I love this coin for it's innovation but what eludes me is why it never takes off.  Cheesy

It is a top 20 coin (top 10 if you exclude premined/nonmined) in a universe of hundreds (at least) of altcoins. I'd say that counts as taking off.

Seriously?  It's horrifically user unfriendly and unrefined and it's still in a race with XC, Dark & BTCD.  If/when it pulls away and polishes it's features off (doesn't take all your ram, official GUI, etc) it will launch IMO.

Doing very well all things considered ...

i would not say it's "horrifically user unfriendly", but it's not like most wallets for sure - I'm sorry that most people today are petrified/scared/turned off by CLI, but as an old school dude, i love it to be honest. i don't care about the gui wallet, it will just inflate the price once it comes, making them harder/more expensive to buy.

TL;DR = This coin has serious potential. the longer no fancy wallet is out, the more time to buy in early... Cheesy

edit - not to mention, since the .10 tx fee's started, i'm moving much less around, especially mined coins. too expensive to move them! Sad
Activity: 201
Merit: 100

It's just not ready yet.  When the GUI and database are ironed out, I believe we'll see much more adoption.

So, I view our current status as something of an IPO.  Or a technology preview for us alpha nerds.

I remember years and years ago when Bitcoin was simmering below the surface.  You'd see an occasional release posted to Freshmeat and whatnot.  This is very similar.  Command line and all.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
I love this coin for it's innovation but what eludes me is why it never takes off.  Cheesy

It is a top 20 coin (top 10 if you exclude premined/nonmined) in a universe of hundreds (at least) of altcoins. I'd say that counts as taking off.

Seriously?  It's horrifically user unfriendly and unrefined and it's still in a race with XC, Dark & BTCD.  If/when it pulls away and polishes it's features off (doesn't take all your ram, official GUI, etc) it will launch IMO.

It is very much a "diamond in the rough".  The need for a database (the reason for the large RAM requirements), and a strong cross platform GUI come to mind. This has attracted deep pocketed long time BTC holders who are interested in strong long term fundamentals and are willing to spend long hours doing their own research as opposed to just listening to marketing hype.

Edit: It will eventually "take off" but then one will not be able to buy at these prices. This is what a lot of the "smart money" moving into XMR as we speak is betting on.
legendary

Seriously?  It's horrifically user unfriendly and unrefined and it's still in a race with XC, Dark & BTCD.  If/when it pulls away and polishes it's features off (doesn't take all your ram, official GUI, etc) it will launch IMO.

I certainly agree with you that there is much work to be done (and being done).

Regarding XC, DRK, and BTCD, we are literally ahead of XC and BTCD in market cap already and the market caps aren't directly comparable since those are fully mined coins (correct comparison is that we are at parity at roughly 1/6 their cap, which puts us far ahead). We're slightly behind DRK but the momentum is very much in our favor. We'll see.

Exactly.
Activity: 196
Merit: 12

Seriously?  It's horrifically user unfriendly and unrefined and it's still in a race with XC, Dark & BTCD.  If/when it pulls away and polishes it's features off (doesn't take all your ram, official GUI, etc) it will launch IMO.

legendary

Jump to: