Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1566. (Read 4670622 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I think they should rename the Monero Missives to the Monero Massives because this looks like a great UI.

Can't wait to use it (on OSX). Hehe.

Edit:
I would like to be able to see the # of mixins on the slider where you choose how private to make the transaction.

That's in the works - we've just been debating it peripherally (for 2 weeks) so we get how it displays correct. For the most part, even a power user may not care about the actual value after a while, so we don't want the numerical amount to be too obtrusive (or too hidden;)

Set the default values to something well thought through, but let power users reconfigure the values used in a preference setting or file.

It could also be an option that shows when you hover over the slider. But I'm sure you've thought of all this already, just thinking out loud.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
How i can mine monero on linux/bamt with GPU?
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
I think they should rename the Monero Missives to the Monero Massives because this looks like a great UI.

Edit:
I would like to be able to see the # of mixins on the slider where you choose how private to make the transaction.

That's in the works - we've just been debating it peripherally (for 2 weeks) so we get how it displays correct. For the most part, even a power user may not care about the actual value after a while, so we don't want the numerical amount to be too obtrusive (or too hidden;)
donator
You can collapse the Twitter/News bar if that annoys you.

Is it possible to opt-out of Twitter pre compiletime?

There will be a flag you set when going through the first-start wizard that will allow you to suppress non-P2P connections. There are consequences to this (eg. DNS seed nodes cannot be used because DNS traffic != P2P traffic, the blockchain bootstrap can't be auto-downloaded, the Twitter and news feeds can't update, the tutorial videos are not available, and so on), but this is a "paranoid mode" that some may choose to turn on.
donator
I would like to see the mixin as well.

Also, just to clarify something: this is a complete rewrite of simplewallet and not a wrapper, correct? Is so, then it must be able to connect to a daemon on another device, correct? If so, then there is no reason the wallet will not be compilable for ARM, correct? If so, then it will be truly cross platform (Windows, Linux, OSX, Windows Phone, Android,  iOS), correct?

If not, please let me know where my enthisiasm gets derailed.

One of the things we've spent an inordinate amount of time is abstracting stuff away from simplewallet. This has resulted in us being able to build rpcwallet, which takes the rpc guts out of simplewallet and gives it a much more robust frame for automated environments.

The GUI will use the same libraries the daemon does, so it will provide the same underlying functionality without the need for a second instance of the daemon to run. This is NOT the right solution for mobile devices or even very low power devices. That said, the fundamentals that we're abstracting and working on now will allow a rich variety of interfaces to exist, all inheriting and using the same functionality without worrying about underlying application logic changes.
donator

this is my favorite pic
What is this?  Shocked

It's the MiniWindow - I showed it off in the Fireside Chat. There's an icon at the top left when the window-bar slides down that lets you switch between the regular interface and the MiniWindow.
Activity: 705
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
Hi!
How i can mine monero on linux/bamt with GPU?
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Once the text is organized using Qt Linguist, there's little additional work to add a language beyond obtaining the translation itself. So I think we'll add any realistically useful language that someone can provide support for.

Yes, I was thinking about the actual translations. I'd love to help to translate/check a few. I think it would make sense to use a couple of eyes to review translations as terminology is often difficult and a big part of the UX, and I love the way the Monero dev team takes terminology seriously.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Couldn't expect a better presentation on Monero development, than the first fireside chat.
Thank you Devs!
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
Great job Monero devs on the Wallet/Account.
Activity: 264
Merit: 250

Also, just to clarify something: this is a complete rewrite of simplewallet and not a wrapper, correct? Is so, then it must be able to connect to a daemon on another device, correct? If so, then there is no reason the wallet will not be compilable for ARM, correct? If so, then it will be truly cross platform (Windows, Linux, OSX, Windows Phone, Android,  iOS), correct?

"Mixin" is denoted as the "privacy level".

The software integrates the functions of the daemon and the wallet, so no EXE/RPC wrapping is needed, and everything could be merged into one assembly. The question about being "truly" cross-platform is interesting for me too though, but it may be done, as I think that even the current implementations could be ported to ARM.

I am glad that the the official GUI wallet has finally been presented, but a bit sad to know that I "failed miserably" with the design of Monero Client .NET. Cheesy
Nevermind, I had a talk about this with the developers, and they told me that unofficial GUI wallets will have to be able to perform special tasks. That's why I added merchantability support for mine, for instance. I also play a role at designing specifications of some upcoming "things" in the background... Smiley

More than 2 months of work - including planning - finally has a product. Great job, keep it up! Wink
Activity: 263

Also, just to clarify something: this is a complete rewrite of simplewallet and not a wrapper, correct? Is so, then it must be able to connect to a daemon on another device, correct? If so, then there is no reason the wallet will not be compilable for ARM, correct? If so, then it will be truly cross platform (Windows, Linux, OSX, Windows Phone, Android,  iOS), correct?

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
I like the clean look, but above all what I really like is that it is so different from the bitcoin wallet (Qt core at least). This different look, from scratch, is consistent with the fundamentals (Monero is not a bitcoin-fork). This is the harder, more ambitious way to go.
If you manage to have something highly intuitive even though you went in the "hard" direction of a completely different look, it's really well done. Looks like it so far, nice work!!
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

Edit:
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
BTW, is there a list of languages needed for localization? I might be able to help with a couple.

Once the text is organized using Qt Linguist, there's little additional work to add a language beyond obtaining the translation itself. So I think we'll add any realistically useful language that someone can provide support for.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Eizh,

Nice work, looks awesome.

Is there a list of planned features available yet for this GUI?
So beautiful
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants

this is my favorite pic

Look!  That is the Monero donation address...

I know you are a donator darlidada, in fact you are a:
Donators of 100 XMR - 3rd dan monero heros with coins of Gold

Smiley 

In case other want to support the continued progress of this project  and cement your name among faithful who supported the project in the beginning you can find out more info here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/monero-community-hall-of-fame-700400

No donation is too small really.  Even a SINGLE MONERO will earn you a title and place on the wall of fame.
Activity: 294
FPGAs are utterly slow on memory hard Stuff, take a look at scrypt and an FPGA with enough Logic Cells to fit the PoW on is expensive.
So like for Scrypt we will prolly see ASICs on the Market directly, FPGAs aren´t suitable for that from a cost/speed ratio.

There are tons of GPU miners outside, mining Darkcoin, Vertcoin or whatever, why do you think a lousy 2 Mhash increase (we were already at 20+mhash before) in hashrate involves "magic" Wink?
A single big GPU farm could do that.

botnet...

It is very easy to tell you are a troll...

the botnet argument has been addressed, probably at least ten times.

Also, you have a -4 trust score so no one is going to listen to you anyway. Get a new account maybe?
Activity: 723
Merit: 503

this is my favorite pic
Jump to: