Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1581. (Read 4670622 times)

Activity: 479
Merit: 250
any roadmap for a graphical interface?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
does claymore's miner really shave off 20% ontop of the 5%  ? i think i'm missing an extra 1 monero from my mining revenue today like i should have gotten 6 moneros today but i only got 5 !!

i heard that guy who made the miner is not honest and is stealing from us and has the fees set higher than 5% more like 25%  Sad
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I know this is intended to eliminate the need to load the blockchain into ram but will it do anything to address the size of the blockchain? either the size that it is now or the rate at which it is growing.

Potentially the on-disk size may be reduced (both initial size and growth rate), but we don't know how much yet (and probably not in the initial release). The original upstream implementation is as much as 2-2.5x larger than it needs to be.

Well, that's partially true, but I think we do need two databases, one for blocks themselves (keyed to header hash) and one for transactions (keyed to txid). The one for transactions can hopefully eventually be replaced by one for utxos that has most of the tx themselves pruned. But for now I'd guess the databases will store information like this, for rapid verification of payments.

This is fixed with normalization. For example, the blocks include the transactions but you don't need to store the transactions twice.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
I know this is intended to eliminate the need to load the blockchain into ram but will it do anything to address the size of the blockchain? either the size that it is now or the rate at which it is growing.

Potentially the on-disk size may be reduced (both initial size and growth rate), but we don't know how much yet (and probably not in the initial release). The original upstream implementation is as much as 2-2.5x larger than it needs to be.

Well, that's partially true, but I think we do need two databases, one for blocks themselves (keyed to header hash) and one for transactions (keyed to txid). The one for transactions can hopefully eventually be replaced by one for utxos that has most of the tx themselves pruned. But for now I'd guess the databases will store information like this, for rapid verification of payments.
legendary
Nutshell on how database is coming?

Tewinget hasn't pushed commits on it lately, he's been moving and so hasn't been around much. He'll be back soon. It's a major architectural overhaul, so it'll be a little.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
bigtimespaghetti.com
Just thought I'd chime in and say I'm happy to accept XMR as payment for my pure silver 'Goxxed' coins here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/goxxed-for-the-last-time-gold-and-silver-plated-508380

New silver strikes are laser engraved with purity and number.

PM me if you're interested Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Is there some group dedicated on developing monero-based services? Is there a development team working to make Monero significant?

There are a lot of people who want to make services. Developers I talk to about how to do them. However, so far, I've warned a lot of people against the creation of services until we've implemented proper privacy services and the database. We're making good headway into statistical analysis of the privacy features now and will roll out fixes soon.

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Monero Enthusiasts.  Please remember as this is not a coin which pays developers out of a premine or other unfair distribution arrangement it is therefore currently a donation funded project.  The donation addresses (XMR and BTC) are in the OP.  There is also a thread started by rpietila which gives a permanent record of the supporters of this project:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/monero-community-hall-of-fame-700400

I personally believe it is important to do even a small thing to help this project continue at the best pace possible.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Is there some group dedicated on developing monero-based services? Is there a development team working to make Monero significant?

There are a lot of people who want to make services. Developers I talk to about how to do them. However, so far, I've warned a lot of people against the creation of services until we've implemented proper privacy services and the database. We're making good headway into statistical analysis of the privacy features now and will roll out fixes soon.

legendary

Activity: 300
When can we expect the next weekly missive? And do anyone know when we will see the new website?

two recent missives came out closely together (20th and 23th), so i believe next missive will be released next few days.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
when does the new weekly overview come?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

The code needs some work still before merchants start accepting it. Once the core code has it's bandwidth QoS fixed and the blockchain is put into a db, then we might start seeing some viable development for Monero based services.

I hope.
Activity: 469
English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

hello guys, i am looking for a financial advice.

i got most of my crypto money inside xmr. normaly its not a problem, since i watch everything that is going on very closely and can react immediately.
but now, i will be on holiday for like 3 weeks, what do you recomend me to do?/quote]http://david.latapie.name/blog/extended-10200-strategy/

Just hold. 0.004 is really too low. I think we will stabilize on atleast 0.01 any day, possible higher.
legendary
Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072
quack
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
hello guys, i am looking for a financial advice.

i got most of my crypto money inside xmr. normaly its not a problem, since i watch everything that is going on very closely and can react immediately.
but now, i will be on holiday for like 3 weeks, what do you recomend me to do?
http://david.latapie.name/blog/extended-10200-strategy/
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
When can we expect the next weekly missive? And do anyone know when we will see the new website?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Please read if you are a pool operator.

Just so pool operators are aware, advertising pools is no longer allowed, including in coin announcement threads: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/advertising-spam-is-not-allowed-718124

Any pool that wants to be added to the list on our OP can contact us (pm the Monero Bitcointalk account), and they are allowed to make an ANN thread in the Altcoin Mining section (but not a separate ANN thread for each coin they support). If you post about your pool in this thread or any of the altcoin ANN threads, expect that someone is going to report it and it'll get removed.

Wooo, thank goodness for that I get sick of pool advertisments spammed through every ANN thread.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Please read if you are a pool operator.

Just so pool operators are aware, advertising pools is no longer allowed, including in coin announcement threads: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/advertising-spam-is-not-allowed-718124

Any pool that wants to be added to the list on our OP can contact us (pm the Monero Bitcointalk account), and they are allowed to make an ANN thread in the Altcoin Mining section (but not a separate ANN thread for each coin they support). If you post about your pool in this thread or any of the altcoin ANN threads, expect that someone is going to report it and it'll get removed.
Jump to: