Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1633. (Read 4670614 times)

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

Forcing ambiguity upchain. Keeps your transaction from being outed but adds considerable bloat to the blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

It refers to a well known privacy issue on CN coins. We've had a fix for this in the development for weeks now after corresponding with a Bitcoin core devs that should be more effective than the solution for Boolberry, we're just waiting until the core of the software is more mature before we roll it out.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
It doesn't matter about Boolberry, that coin was instamined in the 100s of thousands...by One guy who still makes over 2k boolberry per day with his private gpu miner....
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
321BTC volume on Polo.

This is crazy.

77% of total daily volume on poloniex is from XMR.
Yeah, crazy. But not surprising Wink

Not super crazy though, we were doing 1000BTC a day when we were up at 0.01
Merit: 250
I will not insist or argue. The time will tell. One more thing - I think  the time and money spent for so much PR was paid to cover a smart scheme.

do you mean BCN? lol 80% premine and an apparent fake blockchain are not smart at all...

Hi! Hitbtc team here.
As you remember, several days ago we launched a new campaign:
Now everyone can send us bug reports or usability improvements.

Thank you for taking a part in this campaign. We now have more than 10 e-mails with different suggestions or reports.
For now all of them are currently under investigation. Once this process is complete, we’ll send out rewards.
But the first rewards have already been transfered!
The campaign is not over, so send your bug reports or usability improvements to [email protected] to get your reward:
100 XMR for a bug report;
50 XMR for any accepted usability improvement.
Get your reward – get in touch with us.

sent some suggestions, just my opinion but I think hitbtc would benefit with some of them.

Hitbtc reminds me of Bter for some reason. Both good exchanges nevertheless.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
This may have already been covered, but has anyone addressed the problem that AnonyMint has brought up? He seems like a very smart guy, and this should be worth looking into.

This is very preliminary, but it appears to me that all anonymous coins based on unlinkability will not be able to solve the very serious double-spend threat.

If am correct, this is both a major and fundamental solution for longest chain rule of proof-of-work, but it also eliminates unlinkability as a anonymity solution.

Sorry to say. Again this is preliminary, and needs more peer review.
Activity: 502
Merit: 251
Melotic exchange new ? Getting some decent volume there.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
321BTC volume on Polo.

This is crazy.

77% of total daily volume on poloniex is from XMR.
Yeah, crazy. But not surprising Wink
r05
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
test cryptocoin please ignore
321BTC volume on Polo.

This is crazy.
Activity: 697
Everybody knows who the main stakeholders are, and if they decide to stir up something funny, nothing will stop them.

I won’t be surprised if I wake up once to find monero dead and gone.

I would not be surprised if one day I wake up rich
Activity: 46
I will not insist or argue. The time will tell. One more thing - I think  the time and money spent for so much PR was paid to cover a smart scheme.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
I don't understand why "normal" people wouldn't just sell whatever other coin they have and buy XMR if they worry about XMR taking over, instead of trolling it endlessly. Their commitment to other coins (not naming any) in one way or another, must be way above "normal" for them to spend endless efforts sockpupping like that.

I was not reading the altcoin board before Monero, so I don't know if it is something usual or not. But I'm sure they are very poorly working towards their goal, their insistant trolling might even work against there goals.
Activity: 700
It's odd that most members my age/activity have 99% of their post history corresponding about XMR in ways that don't even make sense. Bytecoin sockpuppet accounts, obvious is obvious.

Yeah it's too obvious.

Why else would you go troll in a thread of a coin you aren't interested in?

But we all know Monero will end up at the top and Bytecoin bagholders will all end in tears, what else would you expect from a 82% premined coin?
Activity: 81
Merit: 1
Everybody knows who the main stakeholders are, and if they decide to stir up something funny, nothing will stop them.

Can you tell me the names of stakeholders if you’re so positive? To me it sounds like total nonsense.
Merit: 250
It's odd that most newbie members have 99% of their post history corresponding about XMR in ways that don't even make sense. Bytecoin sockpuppet accounts, obvious is obvious.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org

I wont be suprised if you are already butthurted and you are going to be even more soon.
Activity: 46

Activity: 91
Activity: 81
Merit: 1
Does it make any sense to try mining monero with the use of a laptop?

My PC needs repair and I’m thinking of switching to laptop for a while.

Depends on the laptops specs - mine is pretty weak comparing to my desktop. You won’t get much and most likely it won’t even be enough to pay your electricity bill.
Jump to: