Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1758. (Read 4670610 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Help! I want to Withdrawal XMR Bittrex as I can do? anyone know how??
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Dear suppprt
I have lost my Wallet.bin file but I have 24 words to recover, can you help me!

1. You don't need the 24 words, you need your .keys file.
2.  Or you can use the seed words to regen the .keys file.

Caveat:  A bug has been discovered with rebuilding from the seed.  Your coins are not lost but the balance might be off.  There is supposed to be a fix for this soon.

How to use "seed words"?
Please instructions for me!
Thank!

If you still have your .keys file you should just load simplewallet, and enter your wallet name and password.  The wallet will see all your old transactions.

if you have lost your .keys file as well as the wallet.bin then run simplewallet like this: "simplewallet --restore".  enter your wallet name and (new) password, then the software will ask for your seed words.

As I said, there may currently be a bug that causes your balance to report incorrectly after a seed restore.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
If anyone doesn't know yet, it is confirmed MintPal is adding Monero on Monday, unless another coin is in first place when they take the winner (extremely unlikely)
Activity: 299
Dear suppprt

Caveat:  A bug has been discovered with rebuilding from the seed.  Your coins are not lost but the balance might be off.  There is supposed to be a fix for this soon.

How to use "seed words"?
Please instructions for me!
Thank!
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Dear suppprt

Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Thanks owl... gonna try it out... Getting ready for a big day 2morow at mintpal Smiley

no prob. if you have issues, see page back or two where you need to make smaller payments due to pool dust (whatever that is - ELI5 anyone?)

also, what's the big thing about mintpal tomorrow? are they starting exchanging xmr?...  thanks! Smiley

I dont think "pool dust" has been explained for a while, and Zone117x has released a major update today which should fix the problem but will probably result in more questions, so here goes:

The Monero mining pools (95% which use the same underlying code, Minergate being the major exception) were configured to pay miners after each block they mined had matured. This ensured that minimum funds were held in pool wallets and no concerns about maintaining balances for miners. Unfortunately there were a few big pools with about 80% of the network hash between them, at least 2-3000KH/sec, and many small miners also mining at them with a small hash, e.g. 50H/sec. Therefore the payout they received for each block was 0.05/3000 = 0.0016% of the block reward, about 0.00025XMR. After mining for 2 days that would total up to about 0.2XMR in Mr Small Miner's wallet, so they wants to go and transfer it to an exchange so they can sell it. What they don't realise is that the anonymous way Monero works means that they dont actually have 0.2XMR in their wallet, they have something like 700 * 0.00025XMR chunks. The standard transaction only has room for a couple of thousand XMR chunks, irrespective of their actual value, so you can see how those "dust" payments start creating problems....

thanks. i appreciate that. Smiley 
Great job dev Team!
your hard work!
 I will keep watching
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Help! I want to Withdrawal XMR Bittrex as I can do? anyone know how??
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
Thanks owl... gonna try it out... Getting ready for a big day 2morow at mintpal Smiley

no prob. if you have issues, see page back or two where you need to make smaller payments due to pool dust (whatever that is - ELI5 anyone?)

also, what's the big thing about mintpal tomorrow? are they starting exchanging xmr?...  thanks! Smiley

I dont think "pool dust" has been explained for a while, and Zone117x has released a major update today which should fix the problem but will probably result in more questions, so here goes:

The Monero mining pools (95% which use the same underlying code, Minergate being the major exception) were configured to pay miners after each block they mined had matured. This ensured that minimum funds were held in pool wallets and no concerns about maintaining balances for miners. Unfortunately there were a few big pools with about 80% of the network hash between them, at least 2-3000KH/sec, and many small miners also mining at them with a small hash, e.g. 50H/sec. Therefore the payout they received for each block was 0.05/3000 = 0.0016% of the block reward, about 0.00025XMR. After mining for 2 days that would total up to about 0.2XMR in Mr Small Miner's wallet, so they wants to go and transfer it to an exchange so they can sell it. What they don't realise is that the anonymous way Monero works means that they dont actually have 0.2XMR in their wallet, they have something like 700 * 0.00025XMR chunks. The standard transaction only has room for a couple of thousand XMR chunks, irrespective of their actual value, so you can see how those "dust" payments start creating problems....

thanks. i appreciate that. Smiley 
legendary
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I have rented an XMR miner, I am not too familiar with this coin. Am I getting a good deal?

1025 hashes per second for .0017 BTC an hour

EC2 c3.8xlarge spot instances are ~610 hps (raw at host) for $0.26 (0.00043 btc) per hour.  I think "no".

How do you get it at .26$ an hour??

I see it here http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/ at
c3.8xlarge   32   108   60   2 x 320 SSD   $1.680 per Hour
Activity: 299
Dear suppprt
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!

Those that sell 100% are really missing a trick. Sell 10% at 0.012, and then a further 10% at 0.024.
10% of remaining stash. This makes quite a difference. Also, after three doubling, you paid back your expenses, what remains is free money.

http://david.latapie.name/blog/extended-10200-strategy/

i am using this strategy, and already have nice profit Wink
I would like to add that i devide my "10%" in 20 batches and place 20 orders between (in this example) 0.012 and 0.024
Smiley

recently, I added a second strategy:
I will sell
10 XMR between 10 mBTC and 20 mBTC (in 10 sell orders)
20 XMR between 20 mBTC and 30 mBTC (in 10 sell orders)
30 XMR between 30 mBTC and 40 mBTC (in 10 sell orders)
40 XMR between 40 mBTC and 50 mBTC (in 10 sell orders)

I call this "Exponential Increasing Sell Off Strategy" Wink
This strategy has the folowing advantages: the higher the exchange rate goes, the lower the "loss" from selling too early.
you never know how high we go. At a certain point, if it becomes obvious that monero will be a "used currency" you can stop selling and just spend the monero. It doesn't really make a difference in this strategy anyway. If you calculate the case where we go towards 0.1 BTC/XMR there is only an average loss of less than 10% from selling "too early".
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team

Those that sell 100% are really missing a trick. Sell 10% at 0.012, and then a further 10% at 0.024.
10% of remaining stash. This makes quite a difference. Also, after three doubling, you paid back your expenses, what remains is free money.

http://david.latapie.name/blog/extended-10200-strategy/
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Based on the charts it looks that XMR price is set to break 0.01BTC at some point in the near future (probably within 10 days).

link/source? & thanks for the prediction. let's hope! Smiley

I HOPE THAT
legendary
Based on the charts it looks that XMR price is set to break 0.01BTC at some point in the near future (probably within 10 days).

link/source? & thanks for the prediction. let's hope! Smiley
Activity: 252

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
I have rented an XMR miner, I am not too familiar with this coin. Am I getting a good deal?

1025 hashes per second for .0017 BTC an hour

EC2 c3.8xlarge spot instances are ~610 hps (raw at host) for $0.26 (0.00043 btc) per hour.  I think "no".
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Thanks.  Someday when I hold my grandchildren on my knee I hope to tell them I did a very small thing to help them live in a world where freedom is still available.

You keep on doing that big thing.  And I will keep testing new features.  Wink

You rock.
legendary
how do I paste the address which I have copied into the command prompt ? The CTRL + V don't work

left click on the top of the cmd.exe window - select edit - you will /should see sub option for paste.

google for more info - it was also discussed/linked to a few pages back.
Jump to: