Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1761. (Read 4670610 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Market getting manipulated? Price swung rather wildly yesterday
It was manipulated the days before it was just a pump and dump nothing more...if it won't go up then i've already lost more than 17% of my investment, how cool.

so many dump
It's what follows after pump...a big dump.
Activity: 294
It was manipulated the days before it was just a pump and dump nothing more...if it won't go up then i've already lost more than 17% of my investment, how cool.

In the off chance you are NOT just being a troll:

Let me inform you monero is much more than a pump and dump. It was undervalued for a long time, then the price rose from .002-.003 to .007-.009, and seems to be stable in the high 70's/low 80's.

So what exactly about that is a pump and dump? Sounds like you bought in at a high point...and you are frustrated...but there is no need for you to come on here and say things like that. Hold your xmr, and sell when they are ten dollars a coin. Then come back and reread your post lol.

thanks.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Hello. I'm pretty beginner and I don't know anything about coding, so maybe anyone could answer me this silly question:

Is it possible to mine Monero with Nvidia? Is it possible to mine it with GUIMINER?

the only gpu miner is for ati and close-source

ati + windoze
Activity: 1191
Merit: 506
This is who we are.
Extremehash.com is getting blocks very consistently every 7-10 minutes! Server just undergone multiple upgrades to support the pool's growth, so bring your XMR hashes down right now!

Already there! Great site. Keep it going.
Seconded last night started my first wallet and pointed the cpu at extremepool.  .0979 XMR as of 10 hours mining with a i5.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I'm sorry for offtop, but will you do another pizza-dilvering event in the future for monero?
I must to ask it because of my nickname

Oh, yeah, I need to get those out, thanks for reminding me. As to more pizza, not sure.

why not tacos?
Because pizza is amazing!
Damn, we should get back to the XMR topics, guys
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
I'm sorry for offtop, but will you do another pizza-dilvering event in the future for monero?

Oh, yeah, I need to get those out, thanks for reminding me. As to more pizza, not sure.

why not tacos?
Activity: 630
Merit: 256
Hello. I'm pretty beginner and I don't know anything about coding, so maybe anyone could answer me this silly question:

Is it possible to mine Monero with Nvidia? Is it possible to mine it with GUIMINER?
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
A bug was identified with deterministic wallets. It stems from the original ByteCoin code.

https://github.com/amjuarez/bytecoin/blob/baaa3484271e11398790bbf01ee4d7b19c68e3bb/src/wallet/wallet2.cpp#L162-L194

Basically, when you create a wallet it only bothers to scan the blockchain from the time at which your wallet was started from. However, when you restore a wallet from your deterministic seed, it does the same thing because it doesn't know your wallet was created earlier. This caused some users to think they lost their funds when restoring, however all funds are safe, the wallet just isn't scanning all the blocks it should for your funds.

We are going to deploy a fix ASAP

Thanks.  Someday when I hold my grandchildren on my knee I hope to tell them I did a very small thing to help them live in a world where freedom is still available.

You keep on doing that big thing.  And I will keep testing new features.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

Activity: 42
A bug was identified with deterministic wallets. It stems from the original ByteCoin code.

https://github.com/amjuarez/bytecoin/blob/baaa3484271e11398790bbf01ee4d7b19c68e3bb/src/wallet/wallet2.cpp#L162-L194

Basically, when you create a wallet it only bothers to scan the blockchain from the time at which your wallet was started from. However, when you restore a wallet from your deterministic seed, it does the same thing because it doesn't know your wallet was created earlier. This caused some users to think they lost their funds when restoring, however all funds are safe, the wallet just isn't scanning all the blocks it should for your funds.

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
What happens if a transaction ID doesn't show up on monerochain.info but shows successful in the wallet? I'm worried. Will the monero coins go back to the wallet? Are they lost forever?

No, they're not lost forever.

Make sure you are using the LATEST version! Then delete your poolstate.bin from ~/.bitmonero/ or APPDATA/bitmonero, and delete your wallet.bin file (NOT the wallet.bin.keys file). Then you can start the daemon up again, and run simplewallet --wallet-file wallet.bin and wait for it to rebuild the wallet cache.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
they just dump, so that they can pump in Mintpal.

because the price is too much.

not too much, price is low, is too early.

Are you guys really expecting insane prices when a lot of coins are being mined daily?

I'm not expecting insane increase, but block reward already went down a lot. Meanwhile almost 10% of the total coins are mined. So it is somewhat to be expected that people with less hashrate want to buy their share of monero early on.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Stagnation is Death

not too much, price is low, is too early.

Are you guys really expecting insane prices when a lot of coins are being mined daily?
Activity: 280
Make Love Not War

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

so many dump
Activity: 368

link's not loading, it stays forever in mega's spinning ball...

nevermind its ok now
Activity: 509
Merit: 500
What happens if a transaction ID doesn't show up on monerochain.info but shows successful in the wallet? I'm worried. Will the monero coins go back to the wallet? Are they lost forever?
Activity: 28
http://mro.extremehash.com/pool

negative maturing rates again   Huh

Thanks Akula999, sometimes it takes while to be processed. No negatives now Smiley
Activity: 434
Jump to: