Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1881. (Read 4670606 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Can someone upload the block chain?

Check the OP of this very thread:)

just realised... lol. Going to make a youtube video soon about minero.

channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ytcxboy

why does it take so long to update a day?

edit:
I got 18h/s, is that good for 1 laptop?

It depends. BTW, you have to use cpuminer-multi. Better sell laptop and buy coins ;-)
Activity: 896
Merit: 500

just realised... lol. Going to make a youtube video soon about minero.

channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ytcxboy

why does it take so long to update a day?

edit:
I got 48h/s, is that good for 1 laptop?
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

Activity: 896
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1572
Merit: 1057
yeah the coins has left from the wallet ( firstly i tried to send a bigger amount and i got some "extra size " error, after that i tried with little amount and worked fine )
TTM
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Yesterday I sent some Monero to Poloniex using " transfer 0 depositaddress amount paymentID" but still nothing ... what i did wrong ?

Has the coins left your wallet ? Was there any error message while doing your transaction ? If deposit address and your payment ID are correct and everything was done smoothly so you should contact Poloniex for help.
legendary
Activity: 1572
Merit: 1057
Yesterday I sent some Monero to Poloniex using " transfer 0 depositaddress amount paymentID" but still nothing ... what i did wrong ?
TTM
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
If I didn't send MRO to polo with Payment ID, How can I get the money back

Just email them with the exact amount they seem to be sorting those sorts of issues out fairly easily, however it will be a lot more easier to claim if you didnt send a round number like 10 that someone else may have sent without a payment ID as well.

Hmmm, I have my MRO at the Cryptonote exchange and I'd really like to move it to Poloniex for the 2FA but I don't want to install the client.  Should I just send it without a payment ID and do the above to have Poloniex retrieve it?

yeah you might retrieve it a week later. What's wrong with installing client ?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

Just email them with the exact amount they seem to be sorting those sorts of issues out fairly easily, however it will be a lot more easier to claim if you didnt send a round number like 10 that someone else may have sent without a payment ID as well.

Hmmm, I have my MRO at the Cryptonote exchange and I'd really like to move it to Poloniex for the 2FA but I don't want to install the client.  Should I just send it without a payment ID and do the above to have Poloniex retrieve it?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

donator
New Paper: Deanonymisation of clients in Bitcoin P2P network

I wonder if any of this applies to Monero, or not at all?

Not really, especially not a transaction with a high level of ambiguity (mixin). Knowing a transaction originated at an IP address would not let you see where the transaction is going, what the amount is, or anything more than is already revealed in the blockchain (look at any transaction on monerochain.info as an example).

Their point about Tor stands, and it's the same reason why we've partnered up with the I2P team to implement I2P routing in Monero without reliance on the Java router (and, thus, adding a dependency and an attack surface we can't control - no serious cryptocurrency should allow Java to run on the desktop imho). Premature implementation of I2P would be a bad move, which is why we're taking it slowly.

Thus the only real identifiable risk with using Monero for absolutely untraceable and unlinkable transactions at this stage would be that an attacker with sufficient access to your ISP or your router can determine that you are running a Monero node and that you are relaying transactions that may, or may not, be yours. With sufficiently large control over the entire Monero network (practically impossible for anyone except maybe the NSA) they could possibly determine the origination of a transaction (but again, not where it went or what the amount was). I2P allows us to close that hole.

On that note, though: we are working on a deeper examination of the risks associated with ring signatures and the CryptoNote protocol in general (and how any risks, if they exist, can be mitigated), and will be pushing some more details out as that sub-project progresses.
Activity: 245
Merit: 250
Vote for Monero at useCryptos: http://[Suspicious link removed]/1oTyO4b

Using an url shortener is shady.
Direct link to voting section, without referal: https://usecryptos.com/voting

lol, so we have a cookie stuffer onboard?
thanks for giving the proper link
legendary
Activity: 1484
Still wild and free
Vote for Monero at useCryptos: http://bit.ly/1oTyO4b

Using an url shortener is shady.
Direct link to voting section, without referal: https://usecryptos.com/voting
legendary
Activity: 1484
Still wild and free
New Paper: Deanonymisation of clients in Bitcoin P2P network

I wonder if any of this applies to Monero, or not at all?
donator
did monero just get added to bittrex?

It was on there as MRO, they've dropped the MRO market and re-added it as XMR. Whilst they are tightening everything with the change-over the XMR market is locked, but should be live again in a few hours:)
This is the first altcoin I like too. Bytecoin has brought us some serious innovation. Let's hope Monero can deliver with its fair launch and everything else.

Btw, is there any info available about the developer? Does he fully understand the design and code of the project he forked?

If there is one Bytecoin clone that has a active community and support from respected members its Monero. Lots is going on and the core people involved are mostly early adaptors of BTC. This should give you some trust i guess?

About the developer. The coins was launched by TFT and got supported by the early BCN fans. After the community wanted to propose stronger feature's TFT handed over the coin to the community and XMR evolved from 1 dev to a group of people with a lot of crypto experience and a heart for doing things the proper way (not the typical alt clone dev's). They already fixed some core issues that where present in BCN, optimised the hashing, developed a pool, standalone miners, a QT wallet and also new RPC calls. All these things are build on top of the BCN code so yes, they understand the code better each day. Hope this answerrs your question  Smiley

Thanks! It helps, though I would like to read it myself. Is there a list with their names/pseudonyms or other credentials? There is zero info in the website and OP. And what is TFT?

In short; TFT (thankfull_for_today) was the original developer of (bit)monero. Then the community stepped in because he was not that active and/or answered questions. Then on a democratic way (by voting) some changes he wanted to implement where wipped from the table (mostly because of pressure from the community / it would hurt Monero in the long haul) and after a week he agreed to hand over the code and added some community members to his github for more involvement by others.

You can also read the Monero Missives from a few days ago to get to know the current team:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7098497
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
This is the first altcoin I like too. Bytecoin has brought us some serious innovation. Let's hope Monero can deliver with its fair launch and everything else.

Btw, is there any info available about the developer? Does he fully understand the design and code of the project he forked?

If there is one Bytecoin clone that has a active community and support from respected members its Monero. Lots is going on and the core people involved are mostly early adaptors of BTC. This should give you some trust i guess?

About the developer. The coins was launched by TFT and got supported by the early BCN fans. After the community wanted to propose stronger feature's TFT handed over the coin to the community and XMR evolved from 1 dev to a group of people with a lot of crypto experience and a heart for doing things the proper way (not the typical alt clone dev's). They already fixed some core issues that where present in BCN, optimised the hashing, developed a pool, standalone miners, a QT wallet and also new RPC calls. All these things are build on top of the BCN code so yes, they understand the code better each day. Hope this answerrs your question  Smiley

Thanks! It helps, though I would like to read it myself. Is there a list with their names/pseudonyms or other credentials? There is zero info in the website and OP. And what is TFT?

From Monero Missives June 2

We'd also like to take the time to introduce you to our core team (in no particular order) - tacotime, eizh, smooth, fluffypony, othe, davidlatapie, NoodleDoodle

Many others are involved in peripheral and related projects, including: zone117x, Neozaru, LucasJones, Wolf`, Quanttek, and so many others

P.S. TFT didnt really hand over the coin but he was missing for days (and when he came back wanted to merge mine this coin with BCN something that community didnt want) so community took over and then there was a small "war" and then all seemed to have relaxed...
legendary
Activity: 1904
I created a brew formula for OSX

https://gist.github.com/sammy007/8252681883be0808f2f5

wget https://gist.githubusercontent.com/sammy007/8252681883be0808f2f5/raw/a6743f5f7cb3cb74d195a20588a5efe6a80a6e1e/bitmonero.rb

brew install bitmonero --HEAD

Later, when I will be able to download sources and blockchain.bin (due to Putin's firewall I can't access website) I'll create bitmonero-blockchain formula and versioned formula, not HEAD-only. Hope it makes sence for anyone.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

About the developer. The coins was launched by TFT and got supported by the early BCN fans. After the community wanted to propose stronger feature's TFT handed over the coin to the community and XMR evolved from 1 dev to a group of people with a lot of crypto experience and a heart for doing things the proper way (not the typical alt clone dev's). They already fixed some core issues that where present in BCN, optimised the hashing, developed a pool, standalone miners, a QT wallet and also new RPC calls. All these things are build on top of the BCN code so yes, they understand the code better each day. Hope this answerrs your question  Smiley

About the developer. The coins was launched by TFT and got supported by the early BCN fans. After the community wanted to propose stronger feature's TFT handed over the coin to the community and XMR evolved from 1 dev to a group of people with a lot of crypto experience and a heart for doing things the proper way (not the typical alt clone dev's). They already fixed some core issues that where present in BCN, optimised the hashing, developed a pool, standalone miners, a QT wallet and also new RPC calls. All these things are build on top of the BCN code so yes, they understand the code better each day. Hope this answerrs your question  Smiley
Jump to: