Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1882. (Read 4670606 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
did monero just get added to bittrex?

I bought mine from there, but I'm seeing it as "disabled" now. What's up with that?

I doubt you can attract investors if something like this is not clearly defined.

I could make exactly the opposite argument. Namely that you won't attract investors effectively if something is too inflexibly defined before the long term effects of that rigid decision are understood. Sure BTC is doing okay, but really nobody knows what the hell is going to happen when the rewards run out. In fact every somewhat credible analysis I've seen suggests it will be bad.

As an investor, I'd rather see some flexibility retained until a system that is clearly workable is invented, rigorously scrutinized, and well-tested in the real world. That hasn't happened yet.

If you really want a 100% fixed or 100% locked-in supply then this coin is not for you.

In part I agree, but on the other hand flexibility in the rules can bring corruption, no? Do you have a source for the problems you say Bitcoin will have? I would like to read more.

ANN: I have bought into MRO (yes, daring to use that acronym) and rank perhaps between 10-30 largest owners. Reason is that I see it as the #2 coin with most potential second only to Bitcoin. It is my first and only alt investment.

Here is a thread with mostly very good general discussion on altcoins.

I am very interested in getting to know the community, so feel free to PM or otherwise contact me Smiley

I totally agree with you! In my eyes Monero is only second to Bitcoin, both coins complete each other in many ways and I can see a future where both are widely used.
thanks for making your opinions public, I believe its helping to attract even more users.

This is the first altcoin I like too. Bytecoin has brought us some serious innovation. Let's hope Monero can deliver with its fair launch and everything else.

Btw, is there any info available about the developer? Does he fully understand the design and code of the project he forked?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
did monero just get added to bittrex?
legendary
Activity: 1197
Merit: 1000
Just opened new pool (0% fee)

https://www2.coinmine.pl/xmr/
Primary Node: xmr.coinmine.pl:5555

feeleep

Guys - help us finding first block - spread your hashes a bit!
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
If I didn't send MRO to polo with Payment ID, How can I get the money back

Be the first to claim it from them with the exact sum and details, and wait a week and hope that no one else tries the same!
Activity: 494
Merit: 250
If I didn't send MRO to polo with Payment ID, How can I get the money back
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Also posted in the MRO trading thread but it seems kinda dead. Looking to make a large batch purchase of monero. Any sellers contact me by PM.

That's what the exchanges are for:)

Shitty volume on the markets. Trivial amounts. Useless for a serious purchase.

Are you living under a rock, Mr. Serious?

There are only about 3,000 BTC of Monero in existence... and daily Polo volume is > 150 BTC.

Approximately how many XMR get mined daily currently?

You can look for yourself here:
http://monerochain.info/charts/coins

Awesome. Thanks.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Also posted in the MRO trading thread but it seems kinda dead. Looking to make a large batch purchase of monero. Any sellers contact me by PM.

There are only about 3,000 BTC of Monero in existence... and daily Polo volume is > 150 BTC.

You can look for yourself here:
http://monerochain.info/charts/coins
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Devs, I can't download binary wallets due to monero.cc IP address blocked from Russia. We have Putin's firewall occasionally blocking some good site because on it's IPs were located some anti-putin websites.

I`am from Moscow Russia... I don`t have any problem with access to wallets binary...
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Devs, I can't download binary wallets due to monero.cc IP address blocked from Russia. We have Putin's firewall occasionally blocking some good site because on it's IPs were located some anti-putin websites.

They block CloudFlare? Bunch of punks! I'll setup an offsite mirror at an EU data centre and will push the mirror details up to the OP in the next few days.

Yes, I read somewhere that CloudFlare offers them to go and fuck themselves on any request to block website. Long live CloudFlare!
Not 100% IPs was blocked, but huge amount, because too much pain for me on other sites. I bet I can access website later when IP will be changed, but it's pain in the ass.
Activity: 180
Question; I would like to buy some Moneros but I'd prefer not to download the wallet or to keep them at an online exchange. Is there some brainwallet I can use?

Reason I'm interested is that Monero (CryptoNote) is very promising and hopefully it will be widely used one day. Until that day I just want to store some Moneros on a paper wallet.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Anyway to open one deamon and use simpleminer or multiminer to solomine?

The daemon has mining built in - just run:

start_mining

There are also CLI arguments to start solo mining
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

They block CloudFlare? Bunch of punks! I'll setup an offsite mirror at an EU data centre and will push the mirror details up to the OP in the next few days.

if the sha1 hashes are published in the OP its easy for anyone host the files elsewhere and you check authenticity, otherwise just use tor browser to download.

Good idea, will do that when I get a chance today:)
Activity: 494
Merit: 250
Anyway to open one deamon and use simpleminer or multiminer to solomine?
Activity: 144
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7121290  (rpietila kit BTC)

What assumptions about the price Monero in the medium-term (after about three months), and what assumptions about the price in the long-term (about a year)?

I am happy that I don't see a short-term pump&dump coming in MRO price, rather I envision that the userbase grows exponentially and the number of new mintage comes down exponentially. Even if the exponent is not that big, over time it works out to nice gains.

If more people share my perception that MRO is the #2 coin, it will become that also pricewise (currently #23). If 0.1BTC (currently 0.003BTC) wasn't possible, I would not be investing. I am not stupid.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
legendary
Activity: 1588
Does anyone know if the BBR or MRO GUI wallet is closer to release?

Wait a sec... XMR?  What happened to MRO?

XMR is now the "official" symbol. MRO is still widely used.

Actually, my apologies...
I didn't realize Bitcoin's "official" logo was "industrial orange" and "dark slate"...
Always thought it was the much more stylish Gold one.

Carry on.
legendary
Activity: 1588

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

XMR is now the "official" symbol. MRO is still widely used.
legendary
Activity: 1372

Jump to: