Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1996. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Hi I'm a noob. There are going to be lots of noob because this coin got really popular on Poloniex.

This seems like the most reasonable wallets for Windows noobs to use, is that correct?:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6711778

I get this error when I click on CryptoNoteWallet.exe and click "New" on the open wallet dialogue:
The simplewallet.exe executable for the daemon could not be found. You should put CryptoNote Wallet in the same directory as the simplewallet.exe executable.

There are four files: CryptoNoteWallet.Core.dll, CryptoNoteWallet.exe,CryptoNoteWallet.exe.config, and Xceed.Wpf.Toolkit.dll

The error dialogue is telling me the simplewallet.exe executable for the daemon could not be found, I have no idea what that means. Also it says I should put the CyproNote Wallet (The .exe file? if not no idea what that means either) in the same directory as the simplewallet.exe executable (don't know where that is either).

I'm not too keen on using command line to operate a wallet as that seems unnecessarily tedious.

Anyone that can help me is appreciated, and I'm sorry if this has been gone over before, I tried looking but couldn't find anything.

You need to download the Windows binaries (link in OP) and put it in the same folder as CryptoNoteWallet.exe. This by itself is only a GUI wrapper - it doesn't contain the core software. The binaries will give you four more .exe, and two of them will be bitmonerod.exe and simplewallet.exe, which is what the error message is asking for.

Oh ok great thanks. Hopefully others that have the same question will be able to find this post.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Can someone please tell me how do I transfer coins from my simplewallet to exchange?

Click "Generate payment ID" button on Poloniex, then do the command:

Code:
transfer 0   

Must I type the command all the letters? There probably appear mistakes.  I just try to copy into the command line but i cannot. Can the command be pasted?  
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
I agree with you guys..MRO is a gread coin

How do you say "double entendre" in Esperanto?

o3u
Activity: 393
Money comes, money goes
How do i get my decrypted monero private key?

how do i display it from within simplewallet
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
[2014-05-20 10:31:38] HTTP request failed: Recv failure: Connection was reset
[2014-05-20 10:31:38] ...retry after 10 seconds

extremepool.org pool down Huh Huh
Activity: 252
DRK started out as CPU only.  I'm sure in time someone will figure out how to mine with GPUS.

The algo is nothing like the others.

X11 was nothing like the others.

me and my buddy know how to dev heavy coin GPU miner ... then when i go to their thread saying i got a gpu miner and selling it for 5 BTC .. people was saying in a flammer and scammer ... .. 2 weeks later pool owners figure out too and put gpu miner to public

no matter which way to mining this coin ..the point is MRO is build by a brand new technology.

exactly ...... my whole point is to warn small investors .....

on the another hand Mro Tech would be great for all crypto world

I agree with you guys..MRO is a gread coin
Activity: 687
Merit: 500
I was finally able to get simplewallet running on my Debian system.
I had to update to GCC4.8. Followed this guide: http://somewideopenspace.wordpress.com/2014/02/28/gcc-4-8-on-raspberry-pi-wheezy/

But after creating a wallet the program crashes with: "Illegal instruction"

Is it because boost is not installed correctly somehow perhaps?
Trying to compile the bitmonero source gives me this:

Code:
Unable to find the requested Boost libraries.

Boost version: 1.49.0

Boost include path: /usr/include

As you can see cmake cannot find boost libraries even though I upgraded to 1.55.

Now I installed boost with this : ./bootstrap.sh --prefix=/usr/local

Was that incorrect? Should it be  /usr/include instead?
Activity: 850
Merit: 1000
How would you go about merge mining with Fantomcoin? I've merged ByteCoin and FantomCoin in Ubuntu 14.04 with FantomCoin's minerc:

Code:
./minerc --threads=3 --node1=127.0.0.1:8081 --node2=127.0.0.1:24081 --wallet1=my_bytecoin_address --wallet2=my_fantoincoin_address

but when I tried to MM FantomCoin with Bitmonero, like this:

Code:
./minerc --threads=3 --node1=127.0.0.1:24081 --node2=127.0.0.1:18081 --wallet1=my_fantoincoin_address --wallet2=my_bitmonero_address

I'd get these errors in the terminal running ./bitmonerod

Code:
[RPC1]ERROR /home/ME/bitmonero/src/rpc/core_rpc_server.cpp:394 Failed to calculate offset for
[RPC0]ERROR /home/ME/bitmonero/src/rpc/core_rpc_server.cpp:394 Failed to calculate offset for
[RPC0][sock 23] Some problems at write: Broken pipe:32

Anyone know what's going on?
Activity: 560
Hi I'm a noob. There are going to be lots of noob because this coin got really popular on Poloniex.

This seems like the most reasonable wallets for Windows noobs to use, is that correct?:

I get this error when I click on CryptoNoteWallet.exe and click "New" on the open wallet dialogue:
The simplewallet.exe executable for the daemon could not be found. You should put CryptoNote Wallet in the same directory as the simplewallet.exe executable.

There are four files: CryptoNoteWallet.Core.dll, CryptoNoteWallet.exe,CryptoNoteWallet.exe.config, and Xceed.Wpf.Toolkit.dll

The error dialogue is telling me the simplewallet.exe executable for the daemon could not be found, I have no idea what that means. Also it says I should put the CyproNote Wallet (The .exe file? if not no idea what that means either) in the same directory as the simplewallet.exe executable (don't know where that is either).

I'm not too keen on using command line to operate a wallet as that seems unnecessarily tedious.

Anyone that can help me is appreciated, and I'm sorry if this has been gone over before, I tried looking but couldn't find anything.

You need to download the Windows binaries (link in OP) and put it in the same folder as CryptoNoteWallet.exe. This by itself is only a GUI wrapper - it doesn't contain the core software. The binaries will give you four more .exe, and two of them will be bitmonerod.exe and simplewallet.exe, which is what the error message is asking for.
Activity: 322

legendary
Activity: 1050
DRK started out as CPU only.  I'm sure in time someone will figure out how to mine with GPUS.

me and my buddy know how to dev heavy coin GPU miner ... then when i go to their thread saying i got a gpu miner and selling it for 5 BTC .. people was saying in a flammer and scammer ... .. 2 weeks later pool owners figure out too and put gpu miner to public

no matter which way to mining this coin ..the point is MRO is build by a brand new technology.

exactly ...... my whole point is to warn small investors .....

on the another hand Mro Tech would be great for all crypto world
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Activity: 140
Merit: 12
anybody else notice cryptonote isn't performing trades? I just did a test 0.01 trade and it hasn't executed.

EDIT: TIL: you have to sell 1+ MRO or else it won't go through...selling works fine.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
It took a good hour for everything to make, but now bitmonerod is downloading the blockchain.

For next time, you can speed up make a lot with "make -j th" where th is the number of hardware threads, or slightly fewer if you want use the computer during the compile.

Activity: 910
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Is there a guide somewhere on how install the wallet in debian?
I have installed libboost on my system and now get the following errors:

Code:
./simplewallet: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by ./simplewallet)
./simplewallet: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./simplewallet)
./simplewallet: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.18' not found (required by ./simplewallet)
./simplewallet: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.19' not found (required by ./simplewallet)

Have you installed all dependencies?

Dependencies: GCC 4.7.3 or later, CMake 2.8.6 or later, and Boost 1.53 or later (except 1.54
legendary
Activity: 1050

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
DRK started out as CPU only.  I'm sure in time someone will figure out how to mine with GPUS.

Actually X11 was exactly like the others. It's a whole bunch of conventional hashing algorithms (all fairly easily GPU mineable) combined together. Anyone with half a brain would have known that X11 would be GPU mineable, and anyone with half a brain who claimed otherwise was scamming you.

This algorithm is entirely new. I'm not going to bet my life on it staying CPU only forever (or even for a long time), but X11 is a really, really bad example of why it might not.

Activity: 687
Is there a guide somewhere on how install the wallet in debian?
I have installed libboost on my system and now get the following errors:

Code:
./simplewallet: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by ./simplewallet)
./simplewallet: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./simplewallet)
./simplewallet: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.18' not found (required by ./simplewallet)
./simplewallet: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.19' not found (required by ./simplewallet)
Activity: 280
Who cares?

Activity: 222
Merit: 100
The price is to da moon..and the GUI wallet still unfounded..
I want to join this coin..but my english is poor..
I can't use the wallet with command line..It's diffculit for me
Jump to: