Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1995. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 649
Merit: 505
i actually dont know who is the pool op ... just found it listed here on first page.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Activity: 7
Merit: 0

Poloniex Exchange
‏@Poloniex
Monero's breaking some records.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
hello

yesterday i started my adventure on monero... all fine i guess... i installed the simplewallet simple miner and bitmonerod.
runned bitmonerod thensimple walled and generated new wallet. then on simple miner i putted to mine to this pool
http://monerominers.com/pool/

as it offered a 100 monero bounty among the first miner to discover the block. we were 12 and we discovered the block after a while....

but my balance is still to 0 ... ( more block were discovered in the night but my balance still 0 in the wallet i mean) is there a minimal threshold payout ? im testing not at around 40- 170 h/s  i have quite many xeon machines to put on this if the pools reveals not a scam pool ... i just need more infos how to check my stats , my pending moneros and so ... this is my address

497viAVVKPC7vd5aA1m384eQbdAkWDMykaFdnDmYi3n1CNDZ93aSW7ZLxvGuGvizXsBXUVx5ntT2SSx TV47iYUWi5P1hUjG

please waiting for infos.
have you asked your pool op about it?
Activity: 649
Merit: 505
hello

yesterday i started my adventure on monero... all fine i guess... i installed the simplewallet simple miner and bitmonerod.
runned bitmonerod thensimple walled and generated new wallet. then on simple miner i putted to mine to this pool
http://monerominers.com/pool/

as it offered a 100 monero bounty among the first miner to discover the block. we were 12 and we discovered the block after a while....

but my balance is still to 0 ... ( more block were discovered in the night but my balance still 0 in the wallet i mean) is there a minimal threshold payout ? im testing not at around 40- 170 h/s  i have quite many xeon machines to put on this if the pools reveals not a scam pool ... i just need more infos how to check my stats , my pending moneros and so ...
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
Can anyone explain this error?

Code:
[2014-05-20 07:53:49] accepted: 1/1 (100.00%), 31.93 H/s at diff 2000 (yay!!!)
[2014-05-20 07:53:49] thread 0: 66 hashes, 32.22 H/s
[2014-05-20 07:53:50] thread 1: 49 hashes, 32.03 H/s
[2014-05-20 07:53:51] json_rpc2.0 error: Duplicate share
[2014-05-20 07:53:51] submit_upstream_work json_rpc_call failed
[2014-05-20 07:53:51] ...retry after 10 seconds
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
there is nothing wrong with gpu acceleration in itself, but it does tend to correlate with adaptibility to asic, and asic is deadly to privacy because asic means economics favor centralization, which means central points of trust failure.
Activity: 518
What is your problem?  Nobody instamined anything.  

Don't feed the trolls.  Especially, don't quote them.  Probably a DRK bagholder, angry because MRO is superior technology.

Let's not do MRO v. DRK on this thread. The technical capabilities are available for everyone to see (in the OPs and the white papers). The market can make a judgement in due time.

Also, as far as I can tell, he's not a DRK user. Just a generic troll. DRK itself gets trolled a lot so I think most of them probably identify with MRO in that respect.

Yup Darkcoin is troll land. The most repeated line in their arsenal of trolls is about the fast mining at the beginning. I'd wager that % wise, Monero is less well distributed than Darkcoin right now (not that MRO had an unfair launch, simply that money changed hands so many times in Darkcoin now that DRK is better distributed overall).

Yet people are now in trollboxes saying "Monero 800k instamine in the hands of a few people". This coin was stealth, no logo, no gui wallet, only people who took the time to read were interested in the potential, which means as of now (before the Poloniex especially) only a few people hold huge amounts of monero. And yet it did have a fair launch according to our usual standards.

There are no "fair" coins and the trolls won't stop anyways, so ignore them and carry on, Monero has potential and I say that as a big darkcoin holder.

There are no "fair" coins. I agree with that.
Monero has potential . I Serious agree with that!!
dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511
DRK started out as CPU only.  I'm sure in time someone will figure out how to mine with GPUS.

The algo is nothing like the others.

X11 was nothing like the others.

Actually X11 was exactly like the others. It's a whole bunch of conventional hashing algorithms (all fairly easily GPU mineable) combined together. Anyone with half a brain would have known that X11 would be GPU mineable, and anyone with half a brain who claimed otherwise was scamming you.

This algorithm is entirely new. I'm not going to bet my life on it staying CPU only forever (or even for a long time), but X11 is a really, really bad example of why it might not.

+1 to all of the above.

At the risk of shedding a professional opinion - I think CryptoNight will be eventually shown to be GPU mineable, but its developers made some really elegant design decisions in it that will have the effect of having a much better CPU-to-GPU ratio than, e.g., scrypt, which it is similar to in many ways.  Whether they're enough to make a GPU *less* profitable than a CPU is uncertain, but they were clever - I admire this one much more than the usual clone-a-coin we see with throwing variants of SHA competition finalists together.

In my taxonomy of proof-of-work functions, this one gets its own category:  single-sha-type, multi-sha-type, scrypt, momentum, (maybe MMC), riecoin/primecoin, and CryptoNight all offer something fundamentally different between the categories.  Within them there's not as much that's interesting -- simply replacing SHA256 with Keccak -- yawn. Smiley

Activity: 532
What is your problem?  Nobody instamined anything.  

Don't feed the trolls.  Especially, don't quote them.  Probably a DRK bagholder, angry because MRO is superior technology.

Let's not do MRO v. DRK on this thread. The technical capabilities are available for everyone to see (in the OPs and the white papers). The market can make a judgement in due time.

Also, as far as I can tell, he's not a DRK user. Just a generic troll. DRK itself gets trolled a lot so I think most of them probably identify with MRO in that respect.

Yup Darkcoin is troll land. The most repeated line in their arsenal of trolls is about the fast mining at the beginning. I'd wager that % wise, Monero is less well distributed than Darkcoin right now (not that MRO had an unfair launch, simply that money changed hands so many times in Darkcoin now that DRK is better distributed overall).

Yet people are now in trollboxes saying "Monero 800k instamine in the hands of a few people". This coin was stealth, no logo, no gui wallet, only people who took the time to read were interested in the potential, which means as of now (before the Poloniex especially) only a few people hold huge amounts of monero. And yet it did have a fair launch according to our usual standards.

There are no "fair" coins and the trolls won't stop anyways, so ignore them and carry on, Monero has potential and I say that as a big darkcoin holder.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Activity: 294
Merit: 12
tell me where to get a working binary for win for this miner?
https://github.com/LucasJones/cpuminer-multi

To make a transfer, you must copy the address in the purse. How to do it? I can not insert into the console.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Can someone please tell me how do I transfer coins from my simplewallet to exchange?

Click "Generate payment ID" button on Poloniex, then do the command:

Code:
transfer 0   

Must I type the command all the letters? There probably appear mistakes.  I just try to copy into the command line but i cannot. Can the command be pasted?  

If using Windows one of these methods will work:

Can i send a payment using MSWindows without having to type the recipient's address letter-by-letter? 'Cause no copy-paste works inside the cmd wallet window.

any help would be appreciated!

Right click on the title bar at the top, then go to edit, and paste should be there.

Can i send a payment using MSWindows without having to type the recipient's address letter-by-letter? 'Cause no copy-paste works inside the cmd wallet window.

Or alt + spacebar. Edit ==> paste.

Click the black cmd icon top left on cmd window.  goto properties and check quick edit mode and insert.  

Copy wallet address and then click right mouse button to paste into command window.
  You can copy/paste the entire command.

mickey, many thanks.
Activity: 434
Hi guys i need some help i compiled the cpuminer-multi got this error
Code:
[Desarrollo01@localhost cpuminer-multi]$ ./minerd

./minerd: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory

[Desarrollo01@localhost cpuminer-multi]$ openssl version -a
OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013
built on: Wed Mar 26 02:32:35 CST 2014
platform: linux-x86_64
options:  bn(64,64) rc4(16x,int) des(idx,cisc,16,int) idea(int) blowfish(idx)
compiler: gcc -fPIC -DOPENSSL_PIC -DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_REENTRANT -DDSO_DLFCN -DH
AVE_DLFCN_H -Wa,--noexecstack -m64 -DL_ENDIAN -DTERMIO -O3 -Wall -DOPENSSL_IA32_
SSE2 -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT5 -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_GF2m -DSHA1_A
SM -DSHA256_ASM -DSHA512_ASM -DMD5_ASM -DAES_ASM -DVPAES_ASM -DBSAES_ASM -DWHIRL
POOL_ASM -DGHASH_ASM
OPENSSLDIR: "/usr/local/ssl"
[Desarrollo01@localhost cpuminer-multi]$

as you can see minerd does not find libcrypto.so.1.0.0, but i alredy installed openssl package :/
thanks

Anyone a litle help about this ??
Activity: 560
Error: failed to load wallet: invalid password

I can't remember setting a password for the wallet, tried all my pws. It is an "old"
bitmonero wallet with 100 coins (last updated on 2014-04-29), perhaps not compatible with monero? Or did I just lose my password?

Wallets have been compatible across all versions since launch. I think it's just a case of wrong password.
Activity: 910
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Can someone please tell me how do I transfer coins from my simplewallet to exchange?

Click "Generate payment ID" button on Poloniex, then do the command:

Code:
transfer 0   

Must I type the command all the letters? There probably appear mistakes.  I just try to copy into the command line but i cannot. Can the command be pasted?  

If using Windows one of these methods will work:

Right click on the title bar at the top, then go to edit, and paste should be there.

Or alt + spacebar. Edit ==> paste.

Click the black cmd icon top left on cmd window.  goto properties and check quick edit mode and insert.  

Copy wallet address and then click right mouse button to paste into command window.
  You can copy/paste the entire command.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
CryptocoinsInfo.com
Error: failed to load wallet: invalid password

I can't remember setting a password for the wallet, tried all my pws. It is an "old"
bitmonero wallet with 100 coins (last updated on 2014-04-29), perhaps not compatible with monero? Or did I just lose my password?

Activity: 313
Merit: 100
Ive been mining on extremepool.org using their cryptonote-easy-miner. The program generated a new address and started mining.

In the folder it created:
wallet
wallet.address.txt
wallet.keys

also in the binaries folder there is a log with the pub/priv key it created.

I tried to just load up monero with those files in the monero folder but I dont konw the password to that wallet. X and nothing are not the password. lol

I would like to either load up this wallet in monero or import the private key. Can anyone help?
Activity: 504
Not getting payouts, in the log i see:

Refresh done, blocks received: 1
balance: 0.000000000000, unlocked balance: 0.000000000000
[wallet 455JJQ]: No incoming transfers
[wallet 455JJQ]: Starting refresh...
Height 47862 of 47863

But nothing is being received? Any idea?
Activity: 263

Right click on the title bar, edit, paste.

How do i get my decrypted monero private key?

how do i display it from within simplewallet

I don't think you currently can. A MRO wallet has three files:

1. wallet.bin.keys contains your private keys in binary, encrypted with your password
2. wallet.bin.address.txt contains your public keys in text, ready for copy-pasting
3. wallet.bin itself is just a cache of the blockchain

To make a paper wallet you should convert wallet.bin.keys to some text format (hex, base58 etc) and save that, together with your wallet password. Agreed it is not one-click at the moment.
Jump to: