Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 706. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 453
Merit: 500
hello world
yes the port is open. yeah maybe my node has not enough uptime. i reboot maybe once a week if there is no crash lol (machine not dedicated to monero only)
please everybody reboot, i will never go offline again Kiss

no seriously, will try to keep it running and report back if i dont forget it.
Activity: 283
Merit: 250
Be careful syncing from scratch! I just got shutdown temporarily due to high CPU load.

Wait for Fluffypony's script, it downloads a current blockchain database dump and doesn't hammer the CPU.

Hehe, yeah they shut me down for it. You must ask permission first apparently...
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Assuming the port is open, it is probably just going to take time for other nodes to connect. Most existing nodes will be happy with their current outgoing connections. Only new nodes (or existing nodes that lose an outgoing connection) will be trying to connect.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
hi guys,

i have much less connections on my node since i moved places and have a new ip.
did other nodes ban me temporary?

some days ago my pc crashed, since then i only get ~2-4 Inc connections.

can i do something to improve things?

in my old space i had like 50 or 60 connections..samme isp now, but different modem..could there be a connection limit?

max inc connections i had in the new space was like ~20

or does the new release change something? ...or are the inc connection just people syncing. and since its faster now there are in general less inc connections at the same time?

Have you opened up inbound connections to TCP port 18080?
Activity: 453
Merit: 500
hello world
hi guys,

i have much less connections on my node since i moved places and have a new ip.
did other nodes ban me temporary?

some days ago my pc crashed, since then i only get ~2-4 Inc connections.

can i do something to improve things?

in my old space i had like 50 or 60 connections..samme isp now, but different modem..could there be a connection limit?

max inc connections i had in the new space was like ~20

or does the new release change something? ...or are the inc connection just people syncing. and since its faster now there are in general less inc connections at the same time?
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

use the direct link i posted above for yearly fee.

NVM, It seems I had to allow a JS script to run to get redirected to the cart. Smiley Hate JS!

ADDED: What personal info is mandatory to register and checkout?

Added: OK, just the name fields need to be populated and they can be any thing.

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
FWIW I don't really recommend messing with limit-down unless it is interfering with your gaming, movie streaming, voip, etc. It is just going to make the sync process take longer and use about the same total bandwidth anyway. Usually "sprint to idle" is the best approach.

Limit-up is another matter, since that is a measure of how much you are serving blocks to other nodes. You can currently cut that down and leech if you want to. Although somewhat anti-social, it is better than not running a node at all.

Thank you for your comments on this. I hope we see many more nodes in 2016!

Added one yesterday.  Costs $15 US a year and took about 15 minutes to setup the VPS + the Monero node with Fluffyponys script.

Asks for  monthly fee here.
https://dedistation.com/billing/order.php

use the direct link i posted above for yearly fee.
legendary
Hello Monero friends. Any feedback would be appreciated

https://twitter.com/aeoncurrency/status/687654160045617153

Its poll time. Cast your vote!

When should we ask @Poloniex to list #aeon alongside its other #CryptoNote coins like #monero and #boolberry?

1. Now
2. After LMDB
3. After GUI

I would say 3, Let XMR get traction then when people are used to it's gui launch. BTW what role is Aeon trying to fill?
legendary
Be careful syncing from scratch! I just got shutdown temporarily due to high CPU load.

Wait for Fluffypony's script, it downloads a current blockchain database dump and doesn't hammer the CPU.
legendary
FWIW I don't really recommend messing with limit-down unless it is interfering with your gaming, movie streaming, voip, etc. It is just going to make the sync process take longer and use about the same total bandwidth anyway. Usually "sprint to idle" is the best approach.

Limit-up is another matter, since that is a measure of how much you are serving blocks to other nodes. You can currently cut that down and leech if you want to. Although somewhat anti-social, it is better than not running a node at all.

Added one yesterday.  Costs $15 US a year and took about 15 minutes to setup the VPS + the Monero node with Fluffyponys script.

Asks for  monthly fee here.
https://dedistation.com/billing/order.php
legendary

I'd be interested in this!

Here's the VPS link!
https://dedistation.com/billing/order.php?step=1&productGroup=9&product=12

I don't have the script he mentioned, but here's a quickstart guide to running a node on a VPS if you need one.
https://github.com/PsychicCat/monero-site/blob/master/knowledge-base/user-guides/vps_run_node.md

Cheers man!

Syncing now, new node will be up and running in no time Smiley

Can't pass this up, even for my lazy ass!  BTW this should be an easy batch file.
https://github.com/PsychicCat/monero-site/blob/master/knowledge-base/user-guides/vps_run_node.md
legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

Yes, I agree. Download usually isn't a concern. Nearing max upload on most consumer connections can royally screw them up their performance, so limiting that can make perfect sense.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Hello Monero friends. Any feedback would be appreciated

https://twitter.com/aeoncurrency/status/687654160045617153

Its poll time. Cast your vote!

When should we ask @Poloniex to list #aeon alongside its other #CryptoNote coins like #monero and #boolberry?

1. Now
2. After LMDB
3. After GUI

Here's the VPS link!

I don't have the script he mentioned, but here's a quickstart guide to running a node on a VPS if you need one.

Cheers man!

Syncing now, new node will be up and running in no time Smiley
legendary

Here's the VPS link!

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

The eyes of Szaboshi are upon us.  Quick, everyone look busy!   Grin

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Activity: 336

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Jump to: