Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 707. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000
So quick question

Running the new 0-9-0-0

looking at the limit

I'm getting 8194 kB/s down  2047 kB/s up
what is the command for increasing down limit?   Thanks for help.

Have you tried using --help in bitmonerod.exe (the deamon)? If I recall correctly, the command for adjusting up/down limits is in that list.

It's not "--help" *in* the daemon, just "help". Though, if you launch with "bitmonerod --help", you'll get launch parameters. Inside, you'll get internal commands.

With that said, you can change speed limits with:
1. --limit-rate-down [number] (launch param)
2. limit_down [number] (internal command)
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
So quick question

Running the new 0-9-0-0

looking at the limit

I'm getting 8194 kB/s down  2047 kB/s up
what is the command for increasing down limit?   Thanks for help.

Have you tried using --help in bitmonerod.exe (the deamon)? If I recall correctly, the command for adjusting up/down limits is in that list.

Yeah all yah gotta do is type help once your in the daemon. Dash dash help is if you want to see what flags you want to load the daemon with. And if you have the daemon forked to the background, you can summon the help command and subsequently throw commands at it by using bitmonerod dash dash rpc dash bind dash rpc IP address here command here.

Stupid touchscreens

Edited to add that I'm an idiot. U can also launch with the limit flag so everyone wins.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
So quick question

Running the new 0-9-0-0

looking at the limit

I'm getting 8194 kB/s down  2047 kB/s up
what is the command for increasing down limit?   Thanks for help.

Activity: 306
Merit: 251
So quick question

Running the new 0-9-0-0

looking at the limit

I'm getting 8194 kB/s down  2047 kB/s up
what is the command for increasing down limit?   Thanks for help.

Activity: 453
Merit: 500
hello world
Been out of the loop for a long time due to life getting in the way.

I just downloaded monero.win.x64.v0-9-0-0. Any instructions that I can refer to?

Thanks!

[1] Unzip / extract the file in a directory you prefer.

[2] Start bitmonerod.exe, this is the daemon. It'll begin to sync from scratch. The syncing time depends on a variety of factors, for instance your bandwith, computer specifications and type of harddrive. However, type of harddrive explains most of the difference in syncing time. On an SSD it usually takes about an hour to sync from scratch, whereas it will take a few hours with an HDD (might even be a bit longer).

[3] If bitmonerod.exe (the daemon) is synced (it will notify you with something like: "bitmonerod has synced, you can now use simplewallet"), you can open up simplewallet.exe and create a wallet (or import / restore an existing one).

If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask!

Thank you. I have version 0.8.8.6 already installed and ran it. It seemed to sync up fine. I will upgrade now. I do have an SSD.

i recommend to sync from scratch.

be aware: 0.8.8.6 default blockchain location is in %Appdata% , while 0.9 puts data to %programData%

best is you delete the whole bitmonero folder in %appData%  (at least thats what i did)

Activity: 794
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
//offtopic. I'll delete it if against the rules.

We are raising donations for this campaign. There are already 351$ and 0.0403 BTC in donations for Bojia:
"The 80 years old mother Bojia Bikova was accused of growing hemp by the Bulgarian police, who found a few uprooted sprigs of hemp in her field in the countryside. She was sentenced to pay about $1100 including court taxes. The monthly pension of old mother Bojia is $100. The amount she has to pay is close to the full amount of her pension for the whole year."
You could watch a short video about her case here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqmGkti9uUQ.
I created an XMR address for this campaign. Please support it. If in doubt about the validity of the address, I could ask our admin to add an OpenAlias XMR address to promena.org:
Code:
49bXbjMqAGmQCApWssWKMd9pnMq2AnExkUCrajnAeGM6dsJNagvwCd8VQxVWs3gamMQTxWirG9yrEeKpSocFyTGbH4TEvu4

//offtopic
This may be the first non-governmental organization accepting Monero donations for its campaigns. We added OpenAlias xmr address to promena.org. It seems that the domain registrar is not adding TXT DNS records correctly with their GUI. They are adding "invisible spaces" like the space in the Monero address in bitcointalk (you could see the spaces here - type promena.org and select TXT record: http://manytools.org/network/query-dns-records-online). The result is that you can't add a valid OpenAlias address (or any valid long words TXT record). How many domain registrars are out there which are doing the same?
The domain registrar fixed their bug and the OpenAlias address promena.org is now working for the "Bojia" campaign. My contribution is 20 XMR. I'll make sure the total sum of Monero donations is cited at the end of the campaign and I'm pretty sure a successful campaign will catch some media attention (Bulgarian media are already following the "Bojia" case).

OpenAlias Monero address added to promena.org for the "Bojia" campaign. You could now send XMR to promena.org - there are 107 XMR in donations till now.

Donation of 25 XMR just sent

Great. Thank you! We are at 371$ + 134 XMR + 0.0402 BTC. 12 days left till the end of the campaign.

The Indiegogo campaign ended on on December 2, 2015 with $376 USD in donations. The bithope campaign is still on 0.0402 BTC and the XMR campaign is still on 134 XMR. Converted to Bulgarian Lev (that's what the fine should be paid in) on today's rate that makes 810 BGL (45% from the 1800 BGL needed for the fine). We are still accepting BTC and XMR donations and we'll soon decide what to do next.
In a few weeks (most probably 2 or 3) we'll give the funds collected to Bojia (about 53% of the sum needed). We'll try to make it as transparent as possible so the donators are sure where the money goes. The Monero camping collected 234 XMR so far. Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
This is an interesting chart by a Bitcointalk member:

Somewhat interesting, although I would prefer to see the number of markets which trade more than 1 BTC a day worth of volume. For example, there aren't 25 solid Bitcoin exchanges worldwide, nevermind alt-exchanges.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
@CryptoOz
This is an interesting chart by a Bitcointalk member:

Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Is there any way to move blockchain away from drive C? (Win7'64)

Create bat file and start bitmonerod like this:

bitmonerod.exe --data-dir d:\monero\data
Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
When accessing monerodice of menu invest, does anyone come across such a situation?
can log in , can bet , but...
http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/0060lm7Tgw1ezxoc6knq0j31ao0t6ahv.jpg

I am also experiencing this problem with /invest, as in it's really really slow to load. Actually now I can't load it at all. Chatbox says the dev is working on the issue.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

I just downloaded monero.win.x64.v0-9-0-0. Any instructions that I can refer to?

Thanks!

[2] Start bitmonerod.exe, this is the daemon. It'll begin to sync from scratch. The syncing time depends on a variety of factors, for instance your bandwith, computer specifications and type of harddrive. However, type of harddrive explains most of the difference in syncing time. On an SSD it usually takes about an hour to sync from scratch, whereas it will take a few hours with an HDD (might even be a bit longer).

[3] If bitmonerod.exe (the daemon) is synced (it will notify you with something like: "bitmonerod has synced, you can now use simplewallet"), you can open up simplewallet.exe and create a wallet (or import / restore an existing one).

Thank you. I have version 0.8.8.6 already installed and ran it. It seemed to sync up fine. I will upgrade now. I do have an SSD.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
When accessing monerodice of menu invest, does anyone come across such a situation?
can log in , can bet , but...
http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/0060lm7Tgw1ezxoc6knq0j31ao0t6ahv.jpg
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

Thanks!

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

Thanks!
Activity: 297
Merit: 112
PRIVATE AND NOT PREMINED: MONERO, AEON, KARBO

Create bat file and start bitmonerod like this:

bitmonerod.exe --data-dir d:\monero\data
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Is it because of SSD? The sync speed in my laptop (Dell Inspiron) is quite slow. I think that it should take a day to sync from scratch.

Sync speed is a function of network, SSD vs. HD, memory, and CPU. I doubt there is really a simple formula for it.

legendary
Activity: 1106
Is it because of SSD? The sync speed in my laptop (Dell Inspiron) is quite slow. I think that it should take a day to sync from scratch.
Activity: 243
Merit: 125
Why blockchain_converter.exe stops with error on 1000 block? http://prntscr.com/9o88yi
blockchain_import.exe has the same problem http://prntscr.com/9o8bjt

I am not sure why you are getting this error, but the new release is really fast with syncing, so it might even be less of a hassle if you just sync from scratch again. Takes only 1 hour on a decent pc, with decent bandwith and an SSD.

I confirm that, even on my poor hardware, full sync has done in 3h. I noticed v.0.9 uses somewhat from Bittorrent technology to make sync from scratch really fast. I wonder why core devs were spending time on such tools as blockchain_converter.exe? Just load blockchain from scratch!
Jump to: