Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 743. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000
The dude's blaming the pool for the malware. It's not mining for the pool, most likely, it's mining to someone's address...
Someone finally gets it. Why would anyone imagine it's the pool's fault (without other supporting evidence at least)?

You're both playing dumb. Pools can easely detect and block addresses being mined by botnets.
FYI, a huge botnet went live today, over 3MH/s, XMR distribution is  no better than premined DASH...

That's a completely orthogonal issue.

It's probably relatively easy for the botnet owner to get around such countermeasures anyway.

Edit: the distribution is what you make of it. Do you really think those botnets keep all the coins? We're then back to the market being responsible for distribution (or lack thereof).
legendary
Activity: 1092
The dude's blaming the pool for the malware. It's not mining for the pool, most likely, it's mining to someone's address...
Someone finally gets it. Why would anyone imagine it's the pool's fault (without other supporting evidence at least)?

You're both playing dumb. Pools can easely detect and block addresses being mined by botnets.
FYI, a huge botnet went live today, over 3MH/s, XMR distribution is  no better than premined DASH...

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
4 more pull requests merged today.  I can taste it Cool

In addition:

If I recall correctly, fluffypony stated a while ago that they were waiting for i2p to have a stable release before it would be integrated into Monero.

That, and 0.9 is well past a feature freeze state. It is being prepared for release.

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
4 more pull requests merged today.  I can taste it Cool
legendary
Activity: 1105
hey Guys, PLEASE ATTENTION !!!!!

DON´T MINE IN MONEROCRYPT.COM !!!!!!!!!

THIS POOL USE MORE GAMING SOFTWARE IN TORRENT SERVER LIKE "DIRT RALLY" FOR INSTALL YOUR BACKDOOR SOFTWARE!!!!
HE IS A LAMER POOL!!!!!!!!

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!

Angry Angry Angry

Do you have the binary they use to spread the miner ? I'd love to take a look at it...

no. but download from torrent dirt rally iso  almost 16 Gb...it's very lamerz this pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which address is associated with the hidden miner ?

http://monerocrypt.com
http://pool.monerocrypt.com

If this is true the warning should be better advertised on IRC, getmonero.org etc.

I dunno guys. the only things linked on that pool are zone117x's easyminer binary from github. From what I gather, zone117x worked on the pool software itself, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that his easy miner package is relatively trustworthy. That and we haven't heard about it until now?

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

THIS POOL USE MORE GAMING SOFTWARE IN TORRENT SERVER LIKE "DIRT RALLY" FOR INSTALL YOUR BACKDOOR SOFTWARE!!!!

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!

Angry Angry Angry

Do you have the binary they use to spread the miner ? I'd love to take a look at it...

no. but download from torrent dirt rally iso  almost 16 Gb...it's very lamerz this pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this is true the warning should be better advertised on IRC, getmonero.org etc.

I dunno guys. the only things linked on that pool are zone117x's easyminer binary from github. From what I gather, zone117x worked on the pool software itself, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that his easy miner package is relatively trustworthy. That and we haven't heard about it until now?
Activity: 414
Merit: 251

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!

Angry Angry Angry

legendary

The new binaries will really help with adoption. Some merchants would prefer not to use releases still in beta testing.

I haven't really heard any more news about the release of the new binaries coming out... Mind you, I haven't had time to frequent this board very much due to work getting insanely rediculous.  It's still projected to be Summer 2016 correct?

No, I expect well before that. There are already some beta binaries and there are tests going on this week to try to finalize a release candidate.

Wow, that's extremely exciting! So, one could say that the release may end up hitting the shelves possibly by the end of 2015 in that case?

Yes basically. That is if nothing odd happens during the test hardfork though.

Who is invited to participate in the test hardfork?

I think everyone is able to participate. However, I am not entirely sure, so you should check with the devs at #monero or #monero-dev
Activity: 336
Merit: 250

The new binaries will really help with adoption. Some merchants would prefer not to use releases still in beta testing.

I haven't really heard any more news about the release of the new binaries coming out... Mind you, I haven't had time to frequent this board very much due to work getting insanely rediculous.  It's still projected to be Summer 2016 correct?

No, I expect well before that. There are already some beta binaries and there are tests going on this week to try to finalize a release candidate.

Wow, that's extremely exciting! So, one could say that the release may end up hitting the shelves possibly by the end of 2015 in that case?

Who is invited to participate in the test hardfork?
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I think there is an issue with the built in windows unzipper utility for files over 4 GB or so. I had an issue with downloading/unzipping a bootstrap for huntercoin, and it was due to trying to use windows unzipper. If the file is bigger than 4 GB, try using 7zip or something else to extract.
Are you using 0.9 beta build? There is no blockchain for it to download. You should sync from scratch (~3.5 hours for me).

Hmm...
I think its in RAM the problem. Its on 100% of usage when wants to read/loading blockchain(reaching in some time) and then when starts to update I get that error for "height", file is 4.2GB.
My RAM size is 3x2GB.
No, I've 886.

Thanks!

If you are on 0.8.8.6 you probably have insufficient RAM, the current binaries are quite old and slow. Basically everyone is waiting for the new binaries, which only use around 100 MB of RAM after syncing. Which OS are you on? And are you able to compile yourself?

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
I think there is an issue with the built in windows unzipper utility for files over 4 GB or so. I had an issue with downloading/unzipping a bootstrap for huntercoin, and it was due to trying to use windows unzipper. If the file is bigger than 4 GB, try using 7zip or something else to extract.
Are you using 0.9 beta build? There is no blockchain for it to download. You should sync from scratch (~3.5 hours for me).

Hmm...
I think its in RAM the problem. Its on 100% of usage when wants to read/loading blockchain(reaching in some time) and then when starts to update I get that error for "height", file is 4.2GB.
My RAM size is 3x2GB.
No, I've 886.

Thanks!

If you are on 0.8.8.6 you probably have insufficient RAM, the current binaries are quite old and slow. Basically everyone is waiting for the new binaries, which only use around 100 MB of RAM after syncing. Which OS are you on? And are you able to compile yourself?

Activity: 336

Hmm...
My RAM size is 3x2GB.
No, I've 886.

Thanks!

legendary
XMR address ?
i have investigating low time... in the log file i don't find any xmr address but cpu and gpu works... sure they have a link associated

Look for the configuration file, must be in there..
Activity: 827
XMR address ?
i have investigating low time... in the log file i don't find any xmr address but cpu and gpu works... sure they have a link associated
legendary
XMR address ?

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!

Angry Angry Angry

use claymore miner 3.3 beta cpu/gpu

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!

Angry Angry Angry

legendary

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!

Angry Angry Angry

Jump to: