Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 944. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Anybody knows about https://fairproof.com/     ??

Scam, do not deposit there.
The site has been running for a long time, and I used it once with pocket money, could never get my money back and no response neither from the site contact form nor from the BCT profile here.
Someday the balance just disappeared.

Yes we had them listed as a third party service on the OP for a while, until the (many) scam reports piled up and made it look questionable at best, outright scam at worst. Stay away.

Also, check trust: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=148419
Activity: 637
Merit: 500
Anybody knows about https://fairproof.com/     ??

Scam, do not deposit there.
The site has been running for a long time, and I used it once with pocket money, could never get my money back and no response neither from the site contact form nor from the BCT profile here.
Someday the balance just disappeared.
Activity: 672
Activity: 795
Merit: 514
Thanks. On your last sentence, I'm not sure if I was clear: the base58 version is above in the code section "Integrated Address". That would be the version you'd actually use. The hex version at the bottom was for explanation only.

Thanks for the clarification, I didn't notice the distinction.

That is great work. I nominate luigi1111 to get part of the bounties for designing this, the rest to go to whoever implements it (could be him of course).

I agree. luigi1111 will definitely receive some XMR from me when this is implemented. However, I still pledge 100 XMR to whoever makes it happen.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Someone made a GUI for CryptoNote coins...

Well...
Is CZ coding for the CN crew? He did all his development in OSX.

No, It´s the Bitcoin-QT gui, just adapted, thats neither his style nor would he not even give credit to Bitcoin like they did.

And Blockafett, there are already TONS of gui´s for monero, nfi why you are so obsessed with them tho... Oh even a Web/Mobile wallet - oh wait there´s no Web/Mobile wallet that supports darksend, nor do i think it´s even practical todo, maybe you should invest your time doing one? Because we are clearly already sorted here when it comes to that.

heres another one for xmr.

currently done by antanst.

Very nice!!! I like the design, different to the "weallusethesameBTCwallettsheme"design of almost all other coins!
Keep on going, i like that stuff  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
I am personally quite pleased to be affiliated with a community which is antipathetic to decietful schemes to rob honest people.  I am also thankful to otoh for his gift to the xmr user community, and hope that there are more embittered holders of concentrated drk positions looking to dump their xmr "hedges" to us. It is a kind of poetic justice.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Monero
In the meantime, is there a reason why Payment IDs can't simply be appended to the address and parsed automatically by the client?

There is no reason. Someone just needs to define a format, implement it, pull request. Done.

I'm not familiar enough with the codebase to do it myself, but if it's a simple task I'll throw 100 xmr to whoever can get it in.

adding 100XMR to that bounty   Smiley

Add another 50.

Thanks. On your last sentence, I'm not sure if I was clear: the base58 version is above in the code section "Integrated Address". That would be the version you'd actually use. The hex version at the bottom was for explanation only.

That is great work. I nominate luigi1111 to get part of the bounties for designing this, the rest to go to whoever implements it (could be him of course).

I will throw another 100xmr into the bounty pool.

We should really start a bounty thread on our own forums for this right? That way this stuff doesn't just get buried by Dash trolls( Smiley ) or whatever.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
I have moneroaddress.org that I don't plan on selling ever.

Cheesy
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
$480 is not an outrageous sum, especially for xmr.in or Monero.in, you can easily make that money by starting an alias service

Your group is more reasonable than some I see but still not worth the premium for no traffic generated and no services/content. Good luck selling them though.

If nobody wants the domains, please consider donating them to the core devs.

Maybe try an auction to find out.

I too have a few domains, including monerocharts.com which I will be letting expire.

if anyone wants dibs let me know and we can arrange it for a reasonable price.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
$480 is not an outrageous sum, especially for xmr.in or Monero.in, you can easily make that money by starting an alias service

Your group is more reasonable than some I see but still not worth the premium for no traffic generated and no services/content. Good luck selling them though.

If nobody wants the domains, please consider donating them to the core devs.

Maybe try an auction to find out.
legendary
May I please have an 'explain like I'm 30' style summary of the current focus of xmr development? I keep catching snippets of a db system in development but wish to learn more about it pretty please.

The original cryptonote code kept all of the blockchain in memory. That works fine and even has some performance advantages but it obviously requires a lot of RAM and an increasing amount as the blockchain gets bigger. We've rewritten that to use a database, the way Bitcoin/Litecoin (and their forks/clones) do. That's a major change and it requires a lot of testing and working out of corner cases before it can be officially released. People are continuing to test it and work out those issues.

There are a number of other fixes and items from the development goals document being worked in parallel, such as anonymity improvements, wallet improvements, smart mining, difficulty retargeting algorithm, etc.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
May I please have an 'explain like I'm 30' style summary of the current focus of xmr development? I keep catching snippets of a db system in development but wish to learn more about it pretty please.

if you checkout the missive podcasts

http://getmonero.org/blog/tags/monero%20missives

The ones in 2015. There's a lot of talk about the database.
Activity: 337
Merit: 250

Here are some links to study:

http://getmonero.org/design-goals/

http://symas.com/mdb/

Also maybe one of the Monero developers can explain better.
Activity: 478
Merit: 250
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

Activity: 672
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018
I always chuckle with people trying to sell their domains on here, especially for outrages sums. Without any traffic, they're literally worth the $5-$12/ea. for registration. But good luck to the squatters.
Activity: 795
Merit: 514
Adding the payment ID with checksum seems fairly simple. I went and created a test address just now:

Code:
Standard Address: 44sKiMHpNjRivdd2NQUyViGYZy4wbJ9L9KhFUaqSSE6JQP9LLbxL9tSikwrhYTRu3x2zKR28txuEc3zSGPduQ9byMUKoz6m
Payment ID: feedfeedfeedfeedfeedfeedfeedfeedfeedfeedfeedfeedfeedfeedfeedfeed

Code:
Integrated Address: 44sKiMHpNjRivdd2NQUyViGYZy4wbJ9L9KhFUaqSSE6JQP9LLbxL9tSikwrhYTRu3x2zKR28txuEc3zSGPduQ9byXSb563RKvyBgorjsFGwyx9gorjsFGwyx9gorjsFGwyx9TpPbbCy

What I did:

Instead of the standard hex format - ('12' network byte) + (public spend key 64 digits) + (public view key 64 digits) + (checksum 8 digits) - I stripped the checksum and appended the payment ID, then recalculated and appended the new checksum. This creates a 101 byte address instead of the standard 69 byte, and 139 "Public Address" characters vs 95 standard.

cnBase58 --> hex the above "Integrated Address" and you get (separated for clarity):
Code:
12 55a1e49673f5a8faa6ba4f942585695ceee5c7522496be6fc38d3f09905e3f8b ca6313deac11aff9a7241e7095863b0be3099d50d7a0cd11e0adbcf4990e64b5 feedfeedfeedfeedfeedfeedfeedfeedfeedfeedfeedfeedfeedfeedfeedfeed b1d0950e

The code just needs to check for length to determine the type. Alternatively, (I don't know what all the other cryptonotes are using) the network byte could be changed to 0x13 or something for the "Integrated Address".

That's awesome. I feel like address length wont matter much anyway with increased QR code usage.
Jump to: