Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 948. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 198
Merit: 100
What goes around, comes around. Pointless.
Activity: 400
Merit: 263
Recently I went to a bitcoin meetup and met someone who was wealthy and now a fairly large holder of BTC.  He does not use bitcointalk and had never heard of monero.

He is very interested in fungibility and has concerns about blockchain analysis de-anonymizing BTC.

My point is that not every BTC fan spends time on this website or knows about monero. Many just think alt coins are scams or fear they may dilute the BTC market cap.  However once educated, many of these people will become VERY interested in monero.

I suggest this:

1. Go to meetup.com and start attending bitcoin meetings in your area
2. Talk about bitcoin. Don't be overly aggressive, but do mention Monero when the situation presents itself
3. If there is sufficient interest, start a local monero meetup
4. Edit your localbitcoins listings to mention monero and your listing on https://www.moneroclub.com/offers/
4. Lets build a global Monero community from the ground up by reaching outside the bitcointalk community!

You should emphasize Bitcoin does not resembles fiat paper money by no way. Furthermore, due to Proof Of Exsistence property of Bitcoin, it has potential of Full Totalitarian Control: all the money transactions are PUBLIC and PROVEN. You can't even slip money to sombody. Open the eyes of your counterparty.

I wonder how world goverments have not noticed this fact, only using Bitcoin, they can full control all the human beings. No traditional bank systems offer such an ultimate level of control.

Monero differs from Bitcoin drammatically in such point of view. Only Monero supplies mathematical evidence that nobody can control and trace. You have absolute proof of money transaction, as in Bitcoin. But you have also absolute proof that nobody can trace and catch, like in fiat paper money without a witness.

P.S. Few words about DASH. They simply have no academic research behind. While Monero is based on Cryptonote academic articles in reviewed scientific journals.

WRT bolded: Who says they haven't, or at least some of them?
Activity: 243
Merit: 125
Recently I went to a bitcoin meetup and met someone who was wealthy and now a fairly large holder of BTC.  He does not use bitcointalk and had never heard of monero.

He is very interested in fungibility and has concerns about blockchain analysis de-anonymizing BTC.

My point is that not every BTC fan spends time on this website or knows about monero. Many just think alt coins are scams or fear they may dilute the BTC market cap.  However once educated, many of these people will become VERY interested in monero.

I suggest this:

2. Talk about bitcoin. Don't be overly aggressive, but do mention Monero when the situation presents itself
4. Edit your localbitcoins listings to mention monero and your listing on https://www.moneroclub.com/offers/
4. Lets build a global Monero community from the ground up by reaching outside the bitcointalk community!

You should emphasize Bitcoin does not resembles fiat paper money by no way. Furthermore, due to Proof Of Exsistence property of Bitcoin, it has potential of Full Totalitarian Control: all the money transactions are PUBLIC and PROVEN. You can't even slip money to sombody. Open the eyes of your counterparty.

I wonder how world goverments have not noticed this fact, only using Bitcoin, they can full control all the human beings. No traditional bank systems offer such an ultimate level of control.

Monero differs from Bitcoin drammatically in such point of view. Only Monero supplies mathematical evidence that nobody can control and trace. You have absolute proof of money transaction, as in Bitcoin. But you have also absolute proof that nobody can trace and catch, like in fiat paper money without a witness.

P.S. Few words about DASH. They simply have no academic research behind. While Monero is based on Cryptonote academic articles in reviewed scientific journals.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Fact is none of these cryptos are likely to succeed long term, hell even btc is going to struggle to make any *real* impact. I'm talking 100's of billions market cap and accepted in most places (bitpay doesn't count) not a few billion.

Not fact. Just your personal assessment.

Fact is factual, and the future (and what will happen there) is not yet factual.

Just a couple years ago people were buying 10.000 BTC pizzas. Some probably thought that market cap in the billions is most definitely an absurd notion. History proved them wrong.

The operative word in there being likely.

Perhaps you should look at Ristos statistical analysis of the likelihood of XMR being succesful and the likelihood of it failing completely.

The statement would have still stood back in the day of 10,000BTC pizza.

Back then it was a fact that the liklihood of BTC gaining billions of dollars in market cap was small.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
@newb4now great stuff, thanks for posting that!

Does anyone have a list of public nodes?

Activity: 231

I suggest this:

Good advice.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500

I suggest this:

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
And we are going again in a slight discussion over Monero/Dash....
I´ll get me a cup of tea and wait until our Monero is gaining strengh again.
As a small note on the side of this, i am a FAN of Monero and i am going for the long term, so let´s wait until the GUI Wallet comes, vendors are accepting it and people need stronger anonymity then BTC. Then this little sweaty will be useful and rocket as hell  Grin
Activity: 231
Monero seems more and more like a failed project to me. I am not so sure if i ever will rebuy this coin
Why?
I see you have an Monero avatar.
Ok the trend is down now but it is a good concept and good dev team.
Not following this threat on day2day basis but can you give summary?

We raised the ire of the some loud and hostile dash supporters, who came over here to shit talk us. Nothing bad has happened at all. There is no 'threat'.

Ok thx I understand.
It is a professional FUDDER I understand.
I keep supporting Monero because I like this currency.
Nearly one year now or is the anniversary of Monero passed already?

Passed some days ago. 18th of april.
legendary
Activity: 2453
Merit: 1025
Energy coin master
Monero seems more and more like a failed project to me. I am not so sure if i ever will rebuy this coin
Why?

We raised the ire of the some loud and hostile dash supporters, who came over here to shit talk us. Nothing bad has happened at all. There is no 'threat'.

Ok thx I understand.
It is a professional FUDDER I understand.
I keep supporting Monero because I like this currency.
Nearly one year now or is the anniversary of Monero passed already?
Activity: 795
Merit: 514
Why?

He's a fake account. He only has a monero avatar to make it look like he was once a supporter.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Why?

legendary
Activity: 2453
Merit: 1025
Energy coin master
Why?
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
so just to double check... did anything bad happen to monero or did u guys just piss richard off enough to get him to nuke the price?

who's richard?
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
@actualadvicebtc
so just to double check... did anything bad happen to monero or did u guys just piss richard off enough to get him to nuke the price?
Activity: 264
Merit: 250
Lol even copying idea. Not only copying code ...
This coin is loosing all credibility.. If not already done...

Every cryptocurrency - and even countries - "copy" the concept of money to be honest. Smiley

Also, Windows, Mac, and Linux systems copy each other too, although one is better than the other two because of the quality of implementation, and being reliable as a whole.
rif
Activity: 118
Merit: 102
And I believe in Monero, and are not selling their coins!
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
Smooth, this is that intervention. But for us to help you, you've got to be willing to help yourself.

I'm sorry ferengi but I have looked into smooth posts and he comes as a very educated person furnished with facts and distaste for scams, but perhaps he is trying too hard now.

There is no point in talking about dash anymore, that coin is already done for, no one can dump like otoh because the coins are highly concentrated into few hands, the hype around it is so the ones with masterdones can dump into innocent hands that is the origin of all this commotion plus the fact it was instamined, its an obvious scam, the next paycoin, and it will fall like one soon. I call for a complete blackout of dash and an ignore of anyone that post about it here.

The fight with DASH does not belong in either the main XMR or DASH threads, which is why it should be taken to a neutral thread such as https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmr-vs-drk-1001642. So to that extent I do agree. On the other hand I do feel quoting a comment in the DASH thread such as the one from Minotaur26 that is equally relevant to Monero, with appropriate acknowledgement, is appropriate.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Smooth, this is that intervention. But for us to help you, you've got to be willing to help yourself.

I'm sorry ferengi but I have looked into smooth posts and he comes as a very educated person furnished with facts and distaste for scams, but perhaps he is trying too hard now.

There is no point in talking about dash anymore, that coin is already done for, no one can dump like otoh because the coins are highly concentrated into few hands, the hype around it is so the ones with masterdones can dump into innocent hands that is the origin of all this commotion plus the fact it was instamined, its an obvious scam, the next paycoin, and it will fall like one soon. I call for a complete blackout of dash and an ignore of anyone that post about it here.
Ok, but doing this you'll reach page 1227 in one year!

Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
Lol even copying idea. Not only copying code ...
This coin is loosing all credibility.. If not already done...

Take it to a neutral thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1001642.1420
Jump to: