Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 947. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 502
I really feel for this community in the same ways I do for the human beans that help build Ubuntu, etc.

Thank you (again) Smiley
After reading this post, I stumbled upon a French text (English version) which blew my mind regarding how great ubuntu (the philosophical notion) is.

Even more interesting is that this intuitively positive impulse has lead Africa to no where. Where as the spirit of competition that we see in the west, which is intuatively less desirable than ubuntu, has lead to the creation of astounding wealth and prosperity. Sometimes life is so much more complex and unexpected than our intuitions would lead us to suspect.

I think the rioters in Baltimore were really just reveling in all that "astounding wealth and prosperity" the other day, eh?
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Mиp тpoллeй, в пoлитикe тpoлли, в кpиптe тpoлли, cпeциaльнo oбливaть гpязью monero, paзвe людям нe пoнятнo чтo вы этo дeлaeтe paди тoгo чтoбы cбить цeнy и зaкyпить пoбoльшe, ecли monero вac нe интepecoвaлa тo вы и нe cидeли бы нa вeткe этoгo фopyмa, тaк чтo monero нaбиpaeт пoпyляpнocть вo вceм миpe и eгo нe ocтaнoвить! Дoнeцкaя нapoднaя pecпyбликa c вaми peбятa! Moжeтe пoмoчь дeтям дoнбaca и o вac yзнaeт вecь миp!

Quote from:  bublik750, translated by google
The world of trolls, trolls in politics, in the crypt of the trolls, especially sling mud monero, perhaps people do not understand what you are doing in order to bring down the price and buy more if you monero not interested and you would not be sitting on a branch of the forum, monero that is gaining popularity throughout the world and it does not stop! Donetsk People's Republic with you guys! You can help children Donbas and you know the whole world!
legendary
EDITED TO ADD: I didn't test any of the converters, because they require you to have a in-memory blockchain, which I don't have. I've been running the LMDB branch for months now, so I couldn't test the converters.

Export and import should still work I would think, but they're not really worth testing because the current implementation is being reworked/replaced.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
I really feel for this community in the same ways I do for the human beans that help build Ubuntu, etc.

Thank you (again) Smiley
After reading this post, I stumbled upon a French text (English version) which blew my mind regarding how great ubuntu (the philosophical notion) is.

Even more interesting is that this intuitively positive impulse has lead Africa to no where. Where as the spirit of competition that we see in the west, which is intuatively less desirable than ubuntu, has lead to the creation of astounding wealth and prosperity. Sometimes life is so much more complex and unexpected than our intuitions would lead us to suspect.

Until I see wild animals and insects hug-it-out, I'll stick with believing that nature programs us much differently than our intentions do and that is why many times the path to hell is paved with good intentions and good men discover themselves along the path to greed. Off-topic, but maybe we get stronger through surviving aggression and that's why Otoh's dump looks more and more like a bullish sign for our future.

Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger or drives us to a catatonic state after hugging it out with a horse.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

Thank you (again) Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
WARNING - these are not "official", as in, someone from the core dev team didn't compile them and gave them the a-ok. I'm putting them here for testing purposes. I compiled following the instructions on the github. Perhaps they are static? Perhaps you can run the LMDB version of bitmonerod on your win 64 box and only use 50 megs of ram?

https://mega.co.nz/#!5YNACDTJ!N0pIow27_Tfsx4dMfMq4HA11ZSlEt7L135HvYEOuBU8

perhaps you can swap in the relevant .exe files from the above into the /resources/software/ folder of MoneroX you can have a monero GUI on windows 64 that sips RAM like a fine wine?

AGAIN - don't trust these. Test them until you trust them. Make sure they do everything they should do. I tested them on the box I compiled on and another windows 7 box.

Hopefully someone will post the data.mdb download link.  

EDITED TO ADD: I didn't test any of the converters, because they require you to have a in-memory blockchain, which I don't have. I've been running the LMDB branch for months now, so I couldn't test the converters.

Dunno if the converter thing is true. Perhaps you give try? Yah?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

Thank you (again) Smiley

I like this one too http://www.harisingh.com/UbuntuAge.htm

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Desperate plea

I doubt anyone takes you seriously since it sounds like you're actually proud to support the DASH scam.

"I openly support fraudulently instamined coins." -Otoh

He has no choice.  He's all in on that scam.  Unless he can pass his bags onto someone he is out a tonne of BTC.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Presale is live!
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Here is a link to an excellent article on BTC in Argentina, a place where govt corruption and banking bullshit make Bitcoin attractive.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/03/magazine/how-bitcoin-is-disrupting-argentinas-economy.html?smid=tw-share

I went to Argentina a few years ago with little cash, blissfully unaware that their country's government thinks it can dictate exchange rates by decree (without buying/selling on the market using forex reserves).

Every time I withdrew from the ATM or used a credit card, I lost ~40% of my value. Tongue It was one of the reasons I got interested in crypto.
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
Yeah purse is cool, except when wannabe scammers buy your Spends and don't deliver the goods. I have had 1 good transaction there, 1 bad one (BTC was returned to me, but I never got the stuff I wanted), and now 1 order in progress from a newbie that has me skeptical...

Here is a link to an excellent article on BTC in Argentina, a place where govt corruption and banking bullshit make Bitcoin attractive.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/03/magazine/how-bitcoin-is-disrupting-argentinas-economy.html?smid=tw-share

Imagine if people there could get hip to the advantages of Monero over Bitcoin.
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com
PURCHASE ON AMAZON.COM WITH MONERO: ShapeShift.io‬ has partnered with Purse.io, a service that matches customers wishing to purchase ‪bitcoin‬ with bitcoin holders wanting to purchase items with retail giant Amazon.com. You can now make your purchases with Monero: http://bit.ly/1JTnSdP

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Stagnation is Death
Shapeshift has partnered with with purse.io to allow Amazon purchases to be made with BTC, XMR and more!

https://twitter.com/ShapeShift_io/status/593429838574260224

EDIT: Addition: PurseIO supports the following countries: UK, Germany, Japan, China, France, Italy, Spain, India & Canada (according to shapeshift twitter)

Noice, services like these are what make XMR and digital currencies more useful
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Hello, please consider voting in this poll:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/poll-is-sub-billion-dollar-marketcap-any-indicator-of-success-3-days-only-1042097

It's an attempt to measure whether the altcoin community feels that marketcap is an indicator of success, and possibly discuss it.

I'm targeting ~500+ page ANN threads, and not trying to spam everything with bumps, so please kindly don't delete this unless I've accidentally posted it more than once in your thread.

All opinions are welcomed.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Shapeshift has partnered with with purse.io to allow Amazon purchases to be made with BTC, XMR and more!

EDIT: Addition: PurseIO supports the following countries: UK, Germany, Japan, China, France, Italy, Spain, India & Canada (according to shapeshift twitter)

Purse.io does look cool - lately I have been doing XMR.to -> Gyft for online purchases but it is annoying to have leftover amounts on gift cards. This seems like it could solve that issue.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

legendary
@newb4now great stuff, thanks for posting that!

Does anyone have a list of public nodes?

the ones I know of:
xmr.space:8880
node.moneroclub.com:8880
moneroblocks.eu:8888

and I think one of the pools also had one.

Can you force the daemon to use different ports? I'm getting tired of changing my port forwarding everytime I want to test the daemon on a different computer in my home network. Hrm, perhaps I can have the external port forward to a different internal port.... yeah that might work.

You can set the daemon ports with --rpc-bind-port and --p2p-bind-port
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

the ones I know of:

Can you force the daemon to use different ports? I'm getting tired of changing my port forwarding everytime I want to test the daemon on a different computer in my home network. Hrm, perhaps I can have the external port forward to a different internal port.... yeah that might work.
Activity: 649
Merit: 500

the ones I know of:

Jump to: