Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 44. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Right well i've done that step thinking it would work and made sense, opened up the prime coin.bat and it still wouldn't sync, my time is perfect, i've also tried deleting everything from roaming appdata , i've reinstalled primecoin qt three times, still cant find nodes or sync, this issue really needs to be sorted out by the developers as quite alot of people seem to come across this problem

Any suggestions as to what i should do ?

I'm running this on 20-30 machines (windows) and the only time I had the issue was when I didn't have the nodes added or the time was off. So the issue was on my end.
well i'm truly happy for you, its really frustrating, i have now decided to just change computers which i shouldv've done many steps ago and its working  Grin

Happy that you took my hint and the issue was between the keyboard and your chair? Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Right well i've done that step thinking it would work and made sense, opened up the prime coin.bat and it still wouldn't sync, my time is perfect, i've also tried deleting everything from roaming appdata , i've reinstalled primecoin qt three times, still cant find nodes or sync, this issue really needs to be sorted out by the developers as quite alot of people seem to come across this problem

I'm running this on 20-30 machines (windows) and the only time I had the issue was when I didn't have the nodes added or the time was off. So the issue was on my end.
well i'm truly happy for you, its really frustrating, i have now decided to just change computers which i shouldv've done many steps ago and its working  Grin

Probably a firewall permission problem or misconfiguration. I note that on some windows installations it does not warn or prompt you that it has blocked primecoin exe and you must manually go and resolve the issue.

Because I operate several hosts that run primecoin, I find that this command works well when a new host has fresh primecoin install and needs to begin connecting to peers and sync:

Code:
addnode  add

Then within a few seconds it can make its first node connection and then through that find more nodes.
Activity: 560
this issue really needs to be sorted out by the developers as quite alot of people seem to come across this problem

i have now decided to just change computers which i shouldv've done many steps ago and its working  Grin

I think an apology to the developers may be in order
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

legendary
Right well i've done that step thinking it would work and made sense, opened up the prime coin.bat which had nodes in the txt  and it still wouldn't sync, my time is perfect, i've also tried deleting everything from roaming appdata , i've reinstalled primecoin qt three times, still cant find nodes or sync, this issue really needs to be sorted out by the developers as quite alot of people seem to come across this problem

Check to make sure time is correct on your machine.
legendary
My wallet won't sync, i have done my research around a few sites and i'm aware of the config with nodes,

such as a previous user wrote on this thread

Use addnode to add alive nodes:

13:33:16 getpeerinfo

"addr" : "98.246.157.85:9911",
"addr" : "31.25.188.253:9911",
"addr" : "173.45.227.186:9911",
"addr" : "108.61.47.228:9911",
"addr" : "23.23.0.40:9911",
"addr" : "198.199.111.77:9911",
"addr" : "54.224.255.186:9911",
"addr" : "54.242.222.9:9911",

But what do i do with this, save it as what and where Huh?

ANy help would be apreciated greatly as i just want to get some prime coins as they are awesome, and store them safely

THanks

Found the answer with some more research, posting for future reference if anyone else runs into the same problem

Here are some good nodes I've found. Go to your program files folder where primecoin-qt.exe is. Make a text file called primecoin.bat and paste this text in to it

primecoin-qt.exe -addnode=137.116.230.21 -addnode=94.23.215.174 -addnode=87.98.146.72

When you relaunch it should synchronize fairly quickly
legendary
My wallet won't sync, i have done my research around a few sites and i'm aware of the config with nodes,

such as a previous user wrote on this thread

Use addnode to add alive nodes:

13:33:16 getpeerinfo

"addr" : "98.246.157.85:9911",
"addr" : "31.25.188.253:9911",
"addr" : "173.45.227.186:9911",
"addr" : "108.61.47.228:9911",
"addr" : "23.23.0.40:9911",
"addr" : "198.199.111.77:9911",
"addr" : "54.224.255.186:9911",
"addr" : "54.242.222.9:9911",

But what do i do with this, save it as what and where Huh?

ANy help would be apreciated greatly as i just want to get some prime coins as they are awesome, and store them safely

THanks
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Got myself a 20€/month dedicated server (not a wimpy virtual machine), already worth it. And I didn't get it for mining either, so doubly worth it?

A dedicated server for 20€ sounds nice for any purpose, might I ask where?
http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/

However I think their new policy is against resellers now, so it's likely going to be limited by where you live. Maybe
https://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/kimsufi.xml or https://www.ovh.ie/dedicated_servers/kimsufi.xml
Nice
Website Y U NO in english?

Get Chrome, it'll offer to translate for you.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Got myself a 20€/month dedicated server (not a wimpy virtual machine), already worth it. And I didn't get it for mining either, so doubly worth it?

http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/

However I think their new policy is against resellers now, so it's likely going to be limited by where you live. Maybe
https://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/kimsufi.xml or https://www.ovh.ie/dedicated_servers/kimsufi.xml
Nice
Website Y U NO in english?
Activity: 39
Merit: 0

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
DO only cost me money... never made an xpm on it, never tried to much either.
5 droplets is a joke with the cpu they offer !

Was having the same issue with droplets, you wont make a penny on them anymore. I shared a post of a new VPS I am using now that is still on good earnings. With 1.6 chains a day it will even cover the time it costs: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-primecoin-vps-mining-with-higher-returns-please-close-272755

I was getting somewhere between 0.1 and 0.2 chains on DO, so the difference is huge.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
DO only cost me money... never made an xpm on it, never tried to much either.
5 droplets is a joke with the cpu they offer !
Activity: 546
The XPM is rising hard today Smiley

Probably due to less mining return !

"I have to PAY for DigitalOcean now???!!!"
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
The XPM is rising hard today Smiley

Probably due to less mining return !
A question for Sunny King or Mikaelh:

Does the round primorial have a direct or inverse affect on the likely length of a prime chain?
For example: will a larger round primorial result (on average) in longer or shorter prime chains?

I've found that if you get a node with crap performance, you can destroy the node, get your account credited, then rebuild the node elsewhere.  In all, it costs ~$0.65 to destroy and rebuild, but getting 35% more performance is worth it.

Not bad at all ... the CPU is at least quite recent and it has loads of cache available, you should get around ~1.3 chains per day.

You'd think so.  As pointed out previously, the chains/day stat is for finding a chain with length equal to the integer part of the difficulty.  It'll be less than that once you take into consideration the fractional part.  (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

I do average about 0.90 to 1.00 chains/day metric on each of the nodes though.  Even if it's less than half of what's reported, as long as I hit ~2 blocks on each node, they pay for themselves.

As a side note, don't count on being able to use the CPU cache to full efficiency.  It is shared hardware after all. Wink
Activity: 516

I've found that if you get a node with crap performance, you can destroy the node, get your account credited, then rebuild the node elsewhere.  In all, it costs ~$0.65 to destroy and rebuild, but getting 35% more performance is worth it.

Not bad at all ... the CPU is at least quite recent and it has loads of cache available, you should get around ~1.3 chains per day.
Not bad ... 8 cores (1 prio) ... could you please paste the output of
Code:
cat /proc/cpuinfo
Just wanted to know what processors are behind this.

Thx

one4many

I have a couple of linodes as well, but they are very spread in performance. They average at about 5 cores (you only get garanteed 1 core), that perform at about half a xeon each. My 4 core ramnode performed way better (except you can't run structural CPU usage there). If I take the average in performance decline over the last weeks, I seriously doubt one should get one for xpm mining alone. You might get lucky and get a block a week, but it might just as well cost you.

/proc/cpuinfo shows 8 copies of this:

Code:
processor : 7
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 45
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz
stepping : 7
microcode : 0x70d
cpu MHz : 2600.056
cache size : 20480 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 8
core id : 0
cpu cores : 1
apicid : 0
initial apicid : 36
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 13
wp : yes
flags : fpu de tsc msr pae cx8 sep cmov pat clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht syscall nx lm co
nstant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc pni pclmulqdq ssse3 cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline
_timer aes hypervisor lahf_lm ida arat epb pln pts dtherm
bogomips : 5200.11
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes : 46 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

I've found that if you get a node with crap performance, you can destroy the node, get your account credited, then rebuild the node elsewhere.  In all, it costs ~$0.65 to destroy and rebuild, but getting 35% more performance is worth it.
Pages:
Jump to: