Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin - page 25. (Read 102789 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
It would be fun if someone releases a working GPU miner for free, before this one is finished  Grin
Would make for some funny drama.

Happening right now.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
tx id 8ec4e3fea64ed643b4cc7f5855271948b69109750f0a281b9452b26a3408ffe1
Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH
OpenCL coding is a relatively specialized skill. Assuming that the mtrlt who started this thread is famous original mtrlt (which seems very likely) there's no reason that they should not be paid for their skills. One way for everyone to determine the validity of the beta_buy_in method here would be to check the donations made after it is publicly released. Hint: It will NOT be 21.25 BTC or whatever it is now.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Well, the guy is just trying to get paid for his time working on it i guess. It would be way worse if he created it and just kept it for himself only right? If he was just in it for the money i'm sure he would do that.  After all you can't expect him to work for free, i would not work for free for the benefit of others. Besides the 21 btc he's got is not much if you are talking wages for highly skilled persons such as those needed for this task.

I think gpu mining will be great, since the botnets just rape this coin anyway and probably most are not even paying for their hardware or usage of it. At least those with GPU farms have had to pay out the money for the hardware and the electricity in most cases. I have not donated yet since i want to know if it will be more than 2x faster than cpu since i would rather just keep on with cpu and leave my cards mining other coins if this is the case. However if it will be 10x or greater faster i will certainly donate for it because i'm hoping i will gain more than 1btc advantage over waiting for the public free release. Simple as that really.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Tx ID 43812d2bbbb6110bf271f88b1ceaf837dfc09c5b28bc09267a9a6a109e022a91
Activity: 141
So the OP asks for a pre-payment for something that doesn't exist yet?
A small number of people controlling a more productive technology will destroy the coin.
Other people are probably working to produce the same thing.

Why does this remind me of BFL and Avalon?

Because unabashed greed is everywhere these days.  It seems people are only as civil as laws force them to be.  I notice that the same few individuals jump all over stuff like this, paying their way for the opportunity to abuse cryptos and take as much as possible for themselves over others.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
So the OP asks for a pre-payment for something that doesn't exist yet?
A small number of people controlling a more productive technology will destroy the coin.
Other people are probably working to produce the same thing.

Why does this remind me of BFL and Avalon?
Activity: 141
Shi* like this sickens me.

It should be shared on the simple principle that cryptos are supposed to be a way to break the bonds of banksters and corruption.  Keeping something like this for ones self or allowing a certain few morally bereft individuals to take part in a 'beta', is nothing short of mobster like behaviour.  This has nothing to do with the free market.  These are supposed to be currencies, and they are being treated like commodities, the same corrupt self-serving wall street/bankster low-life's are loving it, because it's  just like raping people like they normally do, except with cryptos there are no bounds.  Without self-control and a good character, cryptos have the potential to be far more divisive than even fiat.  Of course, none of this matters if one is of the growing nihilistic, apathetic, greed driven, money is god, I'll do it because I can mentality.

But whatever.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Its kind of silly that not only would you advertise that you are working on a GPU miner for primecoin, but also that people would donate for one to be made. This will defeat the whole concept of Primecoin, and the value will plummet

Well there is the argument why not the OP just keep it to himself eh?

Think about that for a second, does it exist already?

We don't know and can only speculate.

I know if I had a GPU miner for XPM I would not share it. Why should I? At least not initially.

But then again that is the beauty of the free-market. You develop well you get rewarded for it.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
This smells.. right  Roll Eyes
Activity: 182
fml
Its kind of silly that not only would you advertise that you are working on a GPU miner for primecoin, but also that people would donate for one to be made. This will defeat the whole concept of Primecoin, and the value will plummet
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Transaction ID is
2fd053c780ded07436d665d54eeeddba026d9a6a8ab011893e995df429ea69c8
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
So what happens if someone does indeed release one for free before this one is finished? Will the dev return the donations or is that just the risk you take? I'm interested but with my luck as soon as I donate the 1btc joeblow somewhere will release a free one.
Activity: 784
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
What will GPU mining deliver in comparison to CPU thus far?  Will the first few days of big CPU mining be dwarfed?  Or will it be a return to the first days levels of performance?  Or something less?
Activity: 280
It would be fun if someone releases a working GPU miner for free, before this one is finished  Grin
Would make for some funny drama.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
Activity: 770
Pop, pop....  Cool
Activity: 309
I will "donate", but I can't just let it go without some form of proof.
hey, mtrlt is really the master of GPU/openCL-coding/programming and he has been trustworthy all the time i know of him

if you are a softy then wait for the public release - a bit later on  Grin
Activity: 224
I will "donate", but I can't just let it go without some form of proof.
Activity: 552
wow 21.25 BTC already "donated"....

https://blockchain.info/address/1FKfgFQeZCpjGDn7ocgj26nk4K2TNiVJyD

Good work OP. Nice to see development like this going on.

Smiley
could spent that on the people working on bfgminer for prime ..
Pages:
Jump to: