Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin - page 24. (Read 102789 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Small progress report time!

Most of the first day was spent setting up the dev environment... libblkmaker doesn't compile under Visual Studio, I had to move to use MinGW for everything. Everything's fine though. This was predictable, and didn't delay development.

Nice! Just ordered 7950 Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

Most of the first day was spent setting up the dev environment... libblkmaker doesn't compile under Visual Studio, I had to move to use MinGW for everything. Everything's fine though. This was predictable, and didn't delay development.

I am excited for the finished product  Smiley
Activity: 1764
Merit: 570
Twitter\X @AlexKosa1
id ee87ffb4fb11fb646abbd2d1dd50b3c338982fb86bb25fea111e5500f501cb3c
Activity: 415
Merit: 250
Oh my god hathmill MY HEAD IS SPINNING
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Lets see, if people are afraid GPU will kill XPM they will sell now, so then I will be able to get a whole lot of XPM for my 1 BTC. Then again, LTC is going up slowly against BTC so I might be better off keeping my LTC, then selling it for BTC to buy XPM. Then again XPM is going up against LTC, so perhaps selling LTC for BTC to buy XPM when price crashes because everyone will sell XPM because there is a GPU mining software might be a good idea. Hm, then again if difficulty goes down because price is crashing, I might as well just mine it with my CPU, but whats the point if prime goes down the crapper because GPU killed it. But perhaps it wont kill it, and if difficulty goes down AND I have a GPU miner myself one week in advance I might reeking in a whole lot more XPM on mining then I would get from buying. Then again difficulty might not go down so much and XPM might not crash and then I might be better of buying this GPU mining sw.

But, I also have to have to deduct the Litecoins I will no longer be mining. Then again, I presume a whole lot of people will stop mining Litecoins in favor of Primes so then its better to be first. So I guess I should donate 1 BTC and probably since Litecoins will go down the drain because of this, I should sell my LTC, to buy 1 BTC to donate.

Hm, maybe I will just wait and see what happens and donate 1 day before release of code to people that donated, that way I will be sure that I did not donate in vain. Then again, what kind of a crappy support would that be.

Also what is the moral implications of doing this? Before I do _anything_ I have to ask reddit for advice.

Oh wait... BTC is dropping like a stone and is almost worth nothing compared to what I already have invested, but have stored in USD because I thought it would drop. So all of this thinking was just totally unnecessary and why not help kill XPM just as I am killing Litecoins with the GPU miner I have running there.

Yeah, primecoins cool so I am going to help bring it down and crush it by donating a few Litecoins in Bitcoins.

Hope this was of help for everyone else who have a hard time making up their mind.  Kiss

legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

Can you give us a idea of what speeds to expect with 6950, or 6970's?

He probably won't have estimates for a few days. Sad
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Can you give us a idea of what speeds to expect with 6950, or 6970's?
Activity: 415
Moving to mingw was probably a good idea anyway, so you can compile it on both windows and linux, right? Smiley
Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Activity: 381
Merit: 274
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Shi* like this sickens me.

It should be shared on the simple principle that cryptos are supposed to be a way to break the bonds of banksters and corruption.  Keeping something like this for ones self or allowing a certain few morally bereft individuals to take part in a 'beta', is nothing short of mobster like behaviour.  This has nothing to do with the free market.  These are supposed to be currencies, and they are being treated like commodities, the same corrupt self-serving wall street/bankster low-life's are loving it, because it's  just like raping people like they normally do, except with cryptos there are no bounds.  Without self-control and a good character, cryptos have the potential to be far more divisive than even fiat.  Of course, none of this matters if one is of the growing nihilistic, apathetic, greed driven, money is god, I'll do it because I can mentality.

But whatever.

So the fact people are working for themselves and are not sharing or giving you  lazy ass the fruit of their work makes you sick ?
ok....

otherwise i am not saying that i agree with his way to ask for donation while the product is still not finnished.
Why don't you just work on you gpu miner and then sell it when it's working ?

that sounds better to me .
Activity: 348
I anticipate a crash in the XPM price when the difficulty spikes in anticipation of the dumping from gpu miners.

Sell all your xpm now, rebuy after the crash.
Or consider reality.  There wasn't a huge dump when each block was pumping out 22 xpm early on CPU mining, but you think there will be when GPU miners are pulling in 10 xpm blocks?  Remember difficulty scales in both directions.  As more primes are found the rewards just get smaller.  GPU miners might have an edge over CPU miners, but they will also be reducing their own rewards.
legendary
Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048
I anticipate a crash in the XPM price when the difficulty spikes in anticipation of the dumping from gpu miners.

I disagree with your post, but I love your avatar Cheesy  Neuromancer was one of my favorite games back in the day...

I own signed copies of all books in the series. Amazing books!

Wow, lucky guy Smiley
Activity: 391
Shi* like this sickens me.

It should be shared on the simple principle that cryptos are supposed to be a way to break the bonds of banksters and corruption.  Keeping something like this for ones self or allowing a certain few morally bereft individuals to take part in a 'beta', is nothing short of mobster like behaviour.  This has nothing to do with the free market.  These are supposed to be currencies, and they are being treated like commodities, the same corrupt self-serving wall street/bankster low-life's are loving it, because it's  just like raping people like they normally do, except with cryptos there are no bounds.  Without self-control and a good character, cryptos have the potential to be far more divisive than even fiat.  Of course, none of this matters if one is of the growing nihilistic, apathetic, greed driven, money is god, I'll do it because I can mentality.

But whatever.

If you feel this way, then make it yourself.
Activity: 224

I disagree with your post, but I love your avatar Cheesy  Neuromancer was one of my favorite games back in the day...

I own signed copies of all books in the series. Amazing books!
Activity: 224
It would be fun if someone releases a working GPU miner for free, before this one is finished  Grin
Would make for some funny drama.

Happening right now.

You mean https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xpm-cuda-enabled-qt-client-miner-for-primecoins-source-code-inside-wip-258982 ?
1) This in nvidia only
2) Not ready for use yet
3) Unknown effectivity

So.. For nVidia and otherwise exactly like the miner announced in this thread but with more details and progress.
legendary
Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
It would be fun if someone releases a working GPU miner for free, before this one is finished  Grin

Happening right now.

You mean https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xpm-cuda-enabled-qt-client-miner-for-primecoins-source-code-inside-wip-258982 ?
1) This in nvidia only
2) Not ready for use yet
3) Unknown effectivity
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
Idea: Those whining could put together 1BTC and spread the beta miner to the public.
But i guess those whining the loudest would keep it for themselves.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

Happening right now.

Wouldn't surprise me. Always interesting things to see in the crypto world.
Pages:
Jump to: