Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin - page 23. (Read 102789 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Exciting. Can't wait to see what it can do.  Smiley
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
More updates.

Today I got Reaper to generate prime chains on the CPU. However, it's still missing code that actually assembles and submits blocks. Once I get that working, I will start optimizing the CPU code. Once that's done, I will port the optimized code onto the GPU. At that point, I will be able to give speed estimates, and shortly after the beta will be ready for all you people who donated and will donate.

Thanks to every single one of you who has donated! I wouldn't be able to do this without your help!
legendary
Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000
Good to see your still around mtrlt ! Good luck on the XPM gpu miner !

-ST
Activity: 280
Nice, will donate one bitcoin when I get home.

Yes, I will donate 1.1 btc after 8 hrs. PM has been send.

1.1 btc has been sent to mtrlt.

tx id is df87cb71d3457ae07baa30aa50e4c85841ad77c6c934ddf644f334881ce2c96c.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Its kind of silly that not only would you advertise that you are working on a GPU miner for primecoin, but also that people would donate for one to be made. This will defeat the whole concept of Primecoin, and the value will plummet

BS! Hydro as always you spew feces out of every orifice on your body. Having the ability to mine XPM with a GPU will greatly open the market up for people who do not own a fucking server farm, gimpo!

Hugs & Kisses  Kiss

And along with it, it will open up the door to people with huge GPU farms.

There'll be no difference except now the GPU farms will dominate.

Yeah I'm probably wrong, hash rate won't go up, diff won't sky rocket and it won't get dumped into Oblivion. That never happens to Crypto currencies.

Roll Eyes I see what you did there..
Activity: 182
fml
Its kind of silly that not only would you advertise that you are working on a GPU miner for primecoin, but also that people would donate for one to be made. This will defeat the whole concept of Primecoin, and the value will plummet

BS! Hydro as always you spew feces out of every orifice on your body. Having the ability to mine XPM with a GPU will greatly open the market up for people who do not own a fucking server farm, gimpo!

Hugs & Kisses  Kiss

Yeah I'm probably wrong, hash rate won't go up, diff won't sky rocket and it won't get dumped into Oblivion. That never happens to Crypto currencies.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Lets see, if people are afraid GPU will kill XPM they will sell now, so then I will be able to get a whole lot of XPM for my 1 BTC. Then again, LTC is going up slowly against BTC so I might be better off keeping my LTC, then selling it for BTC to buy XPM. Then again XPM is going up against LTC, so perhaps selling LTC for BTC to buy XPM when price crashes because everyone will sell XPM because there is a GPU mining software might be a good idea. Hm, then again if difficulty goes down because price is crashing, I might as well just mine it with my CPU, but whats the point if prime goes down the crapper because GPU killed it. But perhaps it wont kill it, and if difficulty goes down AND I have a GPU miner myself one week in advance I might reeking in a whole lot more XPM on mining then I would get from buying. Then again difficulty might not go down so much and XPM might not crash and then I might be better of buying this GPU mining sw.

wat
Activity: 280
Nice, will donate one bitcoin when I get home.

Yes, I will donate 1.1 btc after 8 hrs. PM has been send.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Where do I order this without the hardware? :3

It's ecoinomist's own custom build; http://ecoinomist.com/weather-proof-gpu-litecoin-mining-rig-pictures Really great looking cases I might add.
Lol there was a link before the image I know dat  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

It's ecoinomist's own custom build; http://ecoinomist.com/weather-proof-gpu-litecoin-mining-rig-pictures Really great looking cases I might add.
legendary
Terminated.
But what happens when I start mining with an 10k $ GPU farm  Huh  Roll Eyes

How about this elegant farm?

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Well maybe mining can become a seasonal activity, people stuck with winter turn on their farms, people on the summer side get to turn theirs off and go on vacation. (Maybe to their winter-side retreat where they can continue to enjoy the sweet, reassuring music of rig fans...)

-MarkM-
Activity: 112
Independent Analyst

How about this elegant farm?
legendary
Terminated.

Hugs & Kisses  Kiss

bro....

i'm mining 10 dollars a DAY minimum on a $130 rack server

my two 7870's only mine 1 dollar a day with LTC and the most optimized cgminer settings ever...

profitability with GPU's will fall through the floor
Activity: 336
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.
Yeah. Peasants will prevail, as... as... They should always have ?
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Hugs & Kisses  Kiss

Activity: 406

Hugs & Kisses  Kiss

bro....

i'm mining 10 dollars a DAY minimum on a $130 rack server

my two 7870's only mine 1 dollar a day with LTC and the most optimized cgminer settings ever...

profitability with GPU's will fall through the floor
Activity: 103
mtrlt, GPU miner will be cgminer fork, or separate program like reaper, or you'll integrate opencl mining direclty into wallet?
Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Hugs & Kisses  Kiss
Activity: 186
Oh my god hathmill MY HEAD IS SPINNING

Yes I know, its crazy difficult deciding on things. I can go on and on about this things. Eventually I decided on donating 1 BTC and if price crashes I will buy more. I seriously think that this coin will be viewed by people outside of the cryptocoin world as a "mature" coin with added value. I can see science people pushing for it and hey that will bring some legitimacy to it along with the inflation side of the coin that I think could help with the fee structure in Bitcoin that I have less faith in plus it is more aligned with the kind of economics that most people are accustomed to further legitimacy. Well, at least that is my bet on what people in the cryptocoin sphere is betting on. Since I think that btc will go down further I think that some will even view primecoin as a hedge against BTC, something that Litecoins fail at. Also this is the kind of coin that will get the attention of the broader coinsphere and as you get network effect going you get price appreciation and then you get bubbles, volatility and much trading opportunities. This in a coin that is still so cheap that you can get a lot of them for little. Because of all of the above I think we will see a speedier merchant adoption. Yes for sure Primecoin will dominate until Zerocoin goes online. Zerocoin, if its properly implemented, is the killer coin that will kill all other coins, especially if it has a proof of work that is difficult to instamine (I would personally go for a combination of scrypt+primecoin since that would make it difficult for asics and still bring bring that something extra bonus to the science geeks). Yea that my wet dream, short Btc, long Prime, short Primes long zerocoin and then bet _all of the money_ on Litecoin being introduced on mtgox.
Pages:
Jump to: