Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin, new thread :) - page 2. (Read 166553 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Isn't one of the major issues is the sieving is to fast? OpenCL to GPU implementation is always a challenge.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
So first this then RS and MCXnow?.... Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Now that ASIC miners will be out for LTC in the next few months, it looks like it's time for someone to take a stab at this again so those of us with GPUs will have something to do.

I'll eat my hat if anyone ever has success with this GPU miner. By success, I mean it mines at least 1x as fast as the CPU miner, power usage wise.

Eh, I wouldn't be surprised.  If you can boil the problem down to a lot of integer math (and you almost always can), you can likely achieve a speedup via associated GPU use.

Tacotime have you seen this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xpm-so-why-is-porting-primecoin-mining-to-the-gpu-so-difficult-279194

i have posts in that thread
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
Now that ASIC miners will be out for LTC in the next few months, it looks like it's time for someone to take a stab at this again so those of us with GPUs will have something to do.

I'll eat my hat if anyone ever has success with this GPU miner. By success, I mean it mines at least 1x as fast as the CPU miner, power usage wise.

Eh, I wouldn't be surprised.  If you can boil the problem down to a lot of integer math (and you almost always can), you can likely achieve a speedup via associated GPU use.

Tacotime have you seen this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xpm-so-why-is-porting-primecoin-mining-to-the-gpu-so-difficult-279194
legendary

Activity: 406

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

The news is out, but their efficiency and khash/sec*$ remains to be seen
legendary
Can we mine with both CPU miner and your GPU miner simultaneously?

You should realize that the few ( I think 1 person ) people who have managed to run the miner without it instantly crashing have reported that it's much slower than the regular CPU miner.

This miner does not by any means mine with the GPU only. It mines with the CPU and the GPU also.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com
Can we mine with both CPU miner and your GPU miner simultaneously?
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Code:
./reaper: error while loading shared libraries: libblkmaker-0.1.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
problem
Code:
0 -o .libs/libblkmaker-0.1.so.0.4.0
gcc: error: .libs/blkmaker.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: .libs/blktemplate.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: .libs/hex.o: No such file or directory
make: *** [libblkmaker-0.1.la] Hata 1
root@ertuna-System-Product-Name:/home/ertuna/Reaper/libblkmaker#

libblkmaker make problem

I think that only one person has actually had success compiling this, on BSD or something.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Code:
0 -o .libs/libblkmaker-0.1.so.0.4.0
gcc: error: .libs/blkmaker.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: .libs/blktemplate.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: .libs/hex.o: No such file or directory
make: *** [libblkmaker-0.1.la] Hata 1
root@ertuna-System-Product-Name:/home/ertuna/Reaper/libblkmaker#

libblkmaker make problem
Might be time for some counseling, it's been months and you haven't moved on yet.

xD

It's just that this thread shows up in my "Show new replies to your posts" thing.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Might be time for some counseling, it's been months and you haven't moved on yet.
Sigh.

This guy's been whining forever in this thread...

I'll admit. I like to whine. It just seems so wrong for him to have not refunded people at least partially.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Sigh.

This guy's been whining forever in this thread...
Why should I trust you?

I am the creator of the GPU miner Reaper. I was the first person to show that GPU mining Litecoins (i.e. scrypt) is possible and also a lot more efficient than on the CPU. I've made my own GPU miners for many coins, including Bitcoin, Litecoin and Yacoin, although not all of them have been released to the public. The Primecoin GPU miner will be free and open-source.

I am also a university math student, and I have made my own implementation of the Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm used by Bitcoin (and all its forks) to make transactions. From scratch. (Yes, that includes my own bignum library.) I know a lot about algebra, prime numbers and such.

How fast is the miner going to be?

Currently it's not really faster than a CPU. It'll be optimized in time, though.

That doesn't really support your statement.
Learn how computers work and stop being a crybaby.

Or you know, prove me wrong and write a blazing fast GPU miner.

I never said it was possible in the first place. I know how computers work. Why did Mtmlr encourage people to give him 77 BTC if he knew it would probably not work? He was using his past history to make people think he was capable, but he was not.
It's not. Learn how computers work and stop being a crybaby.

Mtmlr received 10 grand and released garbage that resulted in complete loss of everyone.

What does that have anything to do?

He should have at least refunded his clients after failing to do the job he said he was going to do. (Unless if he was working on it full time. In which. Keeping it is understandable. But he was not working full time, as you could tell.)
Pages:
Jump to: