Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin, new thread :) - page 3. (Read 166553 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Because they actually have nothing to complain about.
I'm uncertain if this was sarcasm or not.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076
^ Will code for Bitcoins
You know what is strange?

So many people seem to hate him, yet his trust rating is pretty much.. 0. Why hasn't he received negative trust ratings?

Trust rating system here is a big mystery.
You know what is strange?

So many people seem to hate him, yet his trust rating is pretty much.. 0. Why hasn't he received negative trust ratings?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076
^ Will code for Bitcoins
Nothing new. There is no shortage of scammers around here.

That's interesting about this group of people at this forum. So many altruistic people who are here because of the idea, and also so many blatant lowlifes. You can't find such a mix nowhere else.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
OP duped "donators".

Nothing new. There is no shortage of scammers around here.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
It looks like this project is dead.
Activity: 434
I don't think anyone has managed to run this thing on windows or linux either. It doesn't work or run. Don't you know that? For everybody it crashes.

Reread the thread, some guys managed to make it run and find blocks...it's slower than a cpu with hp11 though.

I got it to run and find blocks in OpenSuSE, but it's slow as hell and was a bastard to compile (many mods required). I get a better return on ypool with their cpu miner.

May I ask what GPU you are running and how many chains/day you getting?
I don't think anyone has managed to run this thing on windows or linux either. It doesn't work or run. Don't you know that? For everybody it crashes.

Reread the thread, some guys managed to make it run and find blocks...it's slower than a cpu with hp11 though.

I got it to run and find blocks in OpenSuSE, but it's slow as hell and was a bastard to compile (many mods required). I get a better return on ypool with their cpu miner.

Oh. I see. Interesting.

Well yeah that's fanstastic. thanks mtmlr!
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Yup, indeed...
Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Activity: 363
Well i was really hoping i could get the opencl kernel to compile in osx after 10.9 Mavericks which includes open CL 1.2, but no dice.  Still crashes in the same place when trying to compile the kernel.

Anyone managed to run this thing in osx?

nope. it's useless.
this may be true but

all hope for xpm is lost. it's gonna just die down as a botnet coin. Sad
this is your personal opinion which I do not share.

This coin works well although there is no GPU or ASIC miner.

That's because it has some new algorithms in it instead of just a new currency name and 5 parameters adjusted.

+1

I know, I was being comedicly melodramatic. Tongue
Activity: 321
well i can think of alot of ways to hide a botnet without any work and the pools will never know... anyhow i think if a gpu miner does come out it would make this just another ALT coin like the 100s already out there. it should stay as a cpu coin and be one of a select few that everybody can mine..

I strongly disagree that this is just another ALT coin. Like some other ALT coins XPM has brought innovation to the whole crypto coin thing. You might have noticed that it uses a PoW that is brand new and has never been used before?
...I don't say it will be a "commercially" successful coin, but XPM did prove that it is possible to introduce a PoW that is not mostly useless (liek creating hashes). One can doubt the benefit of finding Cunningham chains ot bi-twin chains. But even if there was few benefit from XPM itself, there still was the benefit of having shown that crypto coins can be a way of distributed computing. So XPM specifically can - in my opinion - never be "just another ALT coin"...

Remark: I think that scrypt and PoS have brought innovation to the crypto coin scene as well (and hence LTC, NVC, PPC), but I admire XPM for computing something (as PoW) that _might_ be of use.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
well i can think of alot of ways to hide a botnet without any work and the pools will never know... anyhow i think if a gpu miner does come out it would make this just another ALT coin like the 100s already out there. it should stay as a cpu coin and be one of a select few that everybody can mine..
Activity: 434

nope. it's useless.
this may be true but

That's because it has some new algorithms in it instead of just a new currency name and 5 parameters adjusted.

+1
Activity: 5
Merit: 0

nope. it's useless.
this may be true but

So....this miner still not done?

nope. it's useless.

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
So....this miner still not done?
Pages:
Jump to: