Pages:
Author

Topic: YES, you can get a REFUND from BFL - page 2. (Read 45589 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
November 19, 2013, 12:05:04 PM
I am taking BFL to court this week in Pennsylvania, also suing for treble damages since they knowingly violated the law and the FTC guidelines in not honoring refunds when requested after delays as well as the Pennsylvania Consumer Protection Law If anyone has any horror stories or if anyone would like to make any statements for me in court that would be awesome, i'll update this thread once everything is processed.  Has anyone else taken ButterflyLabs to court?  If not im very surprised, seems like an easy win to me.

UPDATE:
Civil complaint filed and accepted in my home state in Pennsylvania, also the Pennsylvania Attorney General is investigating, I'd be interested in accepting any Affidavit's or if anyone would like to be a witness PM me.  Being a witness would be better since affidavit's may not be admissible because they could be classified as hearsay.  So if you live close, let me know.  Also any advice or support would be appreciated.  Any small win here is a good thing, if I can get a Judgement against them others may take it as an example for their own cases.

PM me if there is any way my experiences with Butterfly Labs can be of help to you. I can't make any promises due to my present schedule, but would be interested in testifying in court for you at my expense.

Let me know how things go, and what dates you are likely to be in court if you need another voice.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
November 19, 2013, 11:50:39 AM
I am taking BFL to court this week in Pennsylvania, also suing for treble damages since they knowingly violated the law and the FTC guidelines in not honoring refunds when requested after delays as well as the Pennsylvania Consumer Protection Law If anyone has any horror stories or if anyone would like to make any statements for me in court that would be awesome, i'll update this thread once everything is processed.  Has anyone else taken ButterflyLabs to court?  If not im very surprised, seems like an easy win to me.

UPDATE:
Civil complaint filed and accepted in my home state in Pennsylvania, also the Pennsylvania Attorney General is investigating, I'd be interested in accepting any Affidavit's or if anyone would like to be a witness PM me.  Being a witness would be better since affidavit's may not be admissible because they could be classified as hearsay.  So if you live close, let me know.  Also any advice or support would be appreciated.  Any small win here is a good thing, if I can get a Judgement against them others may take it as an example for their own cases.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
November 15, 2013, 05:34:49 AM
Got a full refund for everything finally, don't know why they couldn't have just done it in the first place and saved us all a load of hassle!!

You would think right? My opinion this goes down as more evidence that BFL lacks an ethical foundation. They are untrustworthy and should be avoided.
It's all dependent on how far you are willing to push with PayPal etc, I just kept insisting and escalating it until I found someone who would help. We funded some through our bank account so it is definitely possible to get a refund if you kick and scream enough.

The experience leaves you somewhat jaded and it cost a lot of time and effort for many people including BFL, I guess they just hope you'll go away eventually.

Persist and you will get there eventually, complete waste of time and effort yes but if its worth not allowing a company with no moral compass to screw you over then go for it.

Shame on this forum for having their morality bought and sold for bitcoin fever. It's like the Wild West all over again. Gold Fever has nothing on bitcoin.

I have still not received my refund of 500 dollars (for an upgrade on an order that does not exist since I have a refund of it.)

My payment was made by direct transfer.  stupid me for not doing my research.

But basically, what I've had done to me is theft. Plain and simple.

It's disgusting and quite frankly I would never deal with them again, because they're willing to lie, cheat and steal from their customers.

There should be no place in anyone's world for that kind of self serving parasitic behaviour.

Where are you based?

I'm in the UK.

The real shitter is that they emailed me to confirm the payment has been recieved by them.Now they deny all knowledge.
 Now I'm just ignored.
Activity: 319
November 14, 2013, 10:46:00 AM
Got a full refund for everything finally, don't know why they couldn't have just done it in the first place and saved us all a load of hassle!!

You would think right? My opinion this goes down as more evidence that BFL lacks an ethical foundation. They are untrustworthy and should be avoided.
It's all dependent on how far you are willing to push with PayPal etc, I just kept insisting and escalating it until I found someone who would help. We funded some through our bank account so it is definitely possible to get a refund if you kick and scream enough.

The experience leaves you somewhat jaded and it cost a lot of time and effort for many people including BFL, I guess they just hope you'll go away eventually.

Persist and you will get there eventually, complete waste of time and effort yes but if its worth not allowing a company with no moral compass to screw you over then go for it.

Shame on this forum for having their morality bought and sold for bitcoin fever. It's like the Wild West all over again. Gold Fever has nothing on bitcoin.

I have still not received my refund of 500 dollars (for an upgrade on an order that does not exist since I have a refund of it.)

It's disgusting and quite frankly I would never deal with them again, because they're willing to lie, cheat and steal from their customers.

There should be no place in anyone's world for that kind of self serving parasitic behaviour.

Where are you based?
Activity: 518
November 14, 2013, 05:21:47 AM

November 14, 2013, 05:06:34 AM

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
November 13, 2013, 10:44:43 PM

November 13, 2013, 10:33:53 PM
Reading comprehension, morans.
I have resold and mined both your FPGA and ASIC lines, and have made quite a bit of coin doing so

if you are able to actually deliver your 28nm products with a reasonable price, hashrate, and power consumption.
(emphasis added)

I've made a lot of fiat money from BFL and if they deliver monarch and it has a superior hps/$ value to other offerings and I see that the queue is fulfilling well then yeah, I'll buy it. However, at this point in time it is clear to me that BFL has serious engineering gaps and for all I know are bleeding cash directly into Chapter 7 so no I am not going to put my money into a pie in the sky offering. When ASICs were first announced, the bump in hps/$ (4,000%) justified the risk of investment, a risk that paid off huge for me. The move from 65nm to 28nm isn't even a 278% boost. I've made more than that holding coins in the last month.

+1 measured and well thought out response. Take heed of what Fjordbit is saying. No hate, no bs, no axe to grind... just a clear risk assessment versus holding coin.

"so no I am not going to put my money into a pie in the sky offering."  <--- that is the line that needs to be highlighted for newbies coming into this forum who might consider BFL Monarch's.

If you are not basing decisions off the very limited number of people who actually gained off BFL equipment then you probably deserve to get ripped off.
November 13, 2013, 02:58:51 PM
Activity: 588
firstbits.com/1kznfw
November 13, 2013, 02:51:11 PM
Reading comprehension, morans.
I have resold and mined both your FPGA and ASIC lines, and have made quite a bit of coin doing so

if you are able to actually deliver your 28nm products with a reasonable price, hashrate, and power consumption.
(emphasis added)

I've made a lot of fiat money from BFL and if they deliver monarch and it has a superior hps/$ value to other offerings and I see that the queue is fulfilling well then yeah, I'll buy it. However, at this point in time it is clear to me that BFL has serious engineering gaps and for all I know are bleeding cash directly into Chapter 7 so no I am not going to put my money into a pie in the sky offering. When ASICs were first announced, the bump in hps/$ (4,000%) justified the risk of investment, a risk that paid off huge for me. The move from 65nm to 28nm isn't even a 278% boost. I've made more than that holding coins in the last month.
November 13, 2013, 03:00:18 AM
Except... none of it ever happened.  Cool story, though, bro!

Josh, be careful where you tread. I've warned you once before about spouting off to the wrong people. I am not PuertoLibre or some other BFL troll. I've spent tens of thousands of dollars with your company and have a solid BitcoinTalk reputation. I have resold and mined both your FPGA and ASIC lines, and have made quite a bit of coin doing so. On top of this, I have over $100,000 on the sidelines right now that I am waiting to put back into mining equipment once the difficulty becomes more predictable and your company is in consideration if you are able to actually deliver your 28nm products with a reasonable price, hashrate, and power consumption.

So watch your fucking "facts" when you attempt to call either me or my friend a liar. The fact of the matter is that I coached 1 family member and 4 friends into buying machines of different sizes from your company and on September 19th sent them an email saying to cancel their orders because we were crossing the point of no return on investment. The family member received their miners early enough to sell them for a good profit. Of the friends, one had no problems at all cancelling, one had a problem where after several weeks of harassing Paypal finally had the reversal approved, only to have the account Paypal was drawing on as empty, and the other two have not been able to get a refund, although they haven't been particularly aggressive with paypal either. As such, two of my friends had some amount of dollars sewn up with your company in an interest free loan for some time, and two of them are going to take a large loss, one of them at a time in his life where he really needs a win.

And I hold you responsible due to the complete and utter fabrications called timelines you've delivered to us in the past 17 months. In your quest to dominate the market, you have sucker punched people who are now literally homeless, causing fights between their spouse and them, and adding astounding stress to their lives. And so, I understand that you can easily sit there and type complete lies that ruin people, and as such you think it must be easy for everyone else to just lie.

But I'll tell you now, Josh, I'm no liar. My friend who had this bounced paypal issue is no liar. So, I would get your "cool story" straight before you respond to me again.

You would actually "consider" buying from BFL Huh   After already being a "customer"  Huh   You deserve whatever loses you incur  Roll Eyes

Yup if you haven't learned yet...

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
November 13, 2013, 01:07:15 AM

Josh, be careful where you tread. I've warned you once before about spouting off to the wrong people. I am not PuertoLibre or some other BFL troll. I've spent tens of thousands of dollars with your company and have a solid BitcoinTalk reputation. I have resold and mined both your FPGA and ASIC lines, and have made quite a bit of coin doing so. On top of this, I have over $100,000 on the sidelines right now that I am waiting to put back into mining equipment once the difficulty becomes more predictable and your company is in consideration if you are able to actually deliver your 28nm products with a reasonable price, hashrate, and power consumption.

So watch your fucking "facts" when you attempt to call either me or my friend a liar. The fact of the matter is that I coached 1 family member and 4 friends into buying machines of different sizes from your company and on September 19th sent them an email saying to cancel their orders because we were crossing the point of no return on investment. The family member received their miners early enough to sell them for a good profit. Of the friends, one had no problems at all cancelling, one had a problem where after several weeks of harassing Paypal finally had the reversal approved, only to have the account Paypal was drawing on as empty, and the other two have not been able to get a refund, although they haven't been particularly aggressive with paypal either. As such, two of my friends had some amount of dollars sewn up with your company in an interest free loan for some time, and two of them are going to take a large loss, one of them at a time in his life where he really needs a win.

And I hold you responsible due to the complete and utter fabrications called timelines you've delivered to us in the past 17 months. In your quest to dominate the market, you have sucker punched people who are now literally homeless, causing fights between their spouse and them, and adding astounding stress to their lives. And so, I understand that you can easily sit there and type complete lies that ruin people, and as such you think it must be easy for everyone else to just lie.

But I'll tell you now, Josh, I'm no liar. My friend who had this bounced paypal issue is no liar. So, I would get your "cool story" straight before you respond to me again.

You would actually "consider" buying from BFL Huh   After already being a "customer"  Huh   You deserve whatever loses you incur  Roll Eyes
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
November 13, 2013, 01:04:14 AM
On top of this, I have over $100,000 on the sidelines right now that I am waiting to put back into mining equipment once the difficulty becomes more predictable and your company is in consideration if you are able to actually deliver your 28nm products with a reasonable price, hashrate, and power consumption.

Let's play jeopardy.

A:  This guy.

Q:  Who in the world would be stupid enough to be burned by BFL twice?

Oh my. Twice? Guessing you must have ordered a Monarch.
Activity: 476
November 13, 2013, 12:50:32 AM
Greedy Old Men...

Or greedy young dweebs who have no idea how the world really works.

My $.02.

Wink
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
ASIC Myth Buster
November 13, 2013, 12:04:40 AM
Greedy Old Men...
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
November 12, 2013, 10:57:14 PM
On top of this, I have over $100,000 on the sidelines right now that I am waiting to put back into mining equipment once the difficulty becomes more predictable and your company is in consideration if you are able to actually deliver your 28nm products with a reasonable price, hashrate, and power consumption.

Let's play jeopardy.

A:  This guy.

Q:  Who in the world would be stupid enough to be burned by BFL twice?

BKM
Activity: 315
November 12, 2013, 04:56:48 PM

SNAP!
Activity: 588
firstbits.com/1kznfw
November 12, 2013, 03:42:22 PM

November 11, 2013, 06:06:40 PM
The debacle that is BFL continues.

BFL put my orders on hold because we requested a refund when August delivery had slipped until November. We got a shirty message back with some lies in about local legislation.

They then refused to answer any further emails, surprise, surprise. So our orders are "on hold" meaning they aren't shipping and they aren't sending our money back either, sound familiar anyone?

I informed BFL that I would be initiating a chargeback for the first order if they didn't respond and let me know why the orders where now also on hold. No answer of course so I requested a chargeback from my credit card company. Took just a few days to get the money back.

After asking if they'll be shipping the other orders, no reply, again no surprises. I send off my second chargeback to my credit card company. Which will of course be coming back just shortly.

In the meantime PayPal have been in touch about the other orders and BFL have told them that they will be shipping them and providing tracking which is bullshit as the orders are still sat "on hold". Lying to Paypal will really help their case, especially since I've just emailed through screenshots proving them liars. I'd imagine Paypal are sick and tired of dealing with BFL and its no surprise that they no longer provide a service for BFL.

I've been pretty reasonable with them, other than asking for a refund and telling them what action I'll be taking should they choose to ignore reasonable requests for either a refund or shipment. Guess what I got no further responses after the refund refusal email!!
Pages:
Jump to: