Pages:
Author

Topic: YES, you can get a REFUND from BFL - page 5. (Read 45589 times)

Activity: 711
Merit: 500
October 21, 2013, 03:24:50 PM
You are officially now a verb. Smiley and not a bad one at that

He's a verb and Josh is a subject. Or object. Or tool Grin

See: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Inaba

I just now saw this message. Ah, I laughed Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy. Well done.
Activity: 588
firstbits.com/1kznfw
October 21, 2013, 09:22:59 AM
Are we talking Jalapeno money here or multi mini rig?

It's under $600.
Activity: 630
Bitgoblin
October 20, 2013, 05:29:43 PM
contact me via PM if you want a refund from Paypal. No promises as I don't approve refunds but is your best shot
Huh

what is this?
Activity: 495
Merit: 507
October 20, 2013, 01:00:45 AM

I've been trying to help my friend through this process, and it has hit a problem I haven't seen before. Paypal sided with my friend and said that BFL needed to refund the money. BFL has marked his order as cancelled in their system. Now Paypal tried to get the money back to send to my friend, but there was no money in the account they were drawing on. This is the letter that Paypal sent to my friend.

Hello *** ******,

The refund sent by Sonny Vleisides ([email protected]) did not clear from the sender's bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal account.

Please contact Sonny Vleisides regarding this refund.

-----------------------------------
Refund details:

Amount: $****** USD
Sender: Sonny Vleisides
Sender's email: [email protected]
Transaction ID: ********
Transaction date: Oct 11, 2013

Anyone have any ideas on where to go from here? He kind of feel like this is like issuing a bad check and thinks that there might be some kind of attorney general he could go to.

Either the bank account which gets drawn from for that Paypal account is empty/doesn't have enough fund, or they straight up closed it.

Are we talking Jalapeno money here or multi mini rig?
rpg
Activity: 728
October 19, 2013, 11:27:47 PM
contact me via PM if you want a refund from Paypal. No promises as I don't approve refunds but is your best shot
Activity: 588
firstbits.com/1kznfw
October 19, 2013, 10:51:48 PM

I've been trying to help my friend through this process, and it has hit a problem I haven't seen before. Paypal sided with my friend and said that BFL needed to refund the money. BFL has marked his order as cancelled in their system. Now Paypal tried to get the money back to send to my friend, but there was no money in the account they were drawing on. This is the letter that Paypal sent to my friend.

Hello *** ******,

The refund sent by Sonny Vleisides ([email protected]) did not clear from the sender's bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal account.

Please contact Sonny Vleisides regarding this refund.

Refund details:

Amount: $****** USD
Sender: Sonny Vleisides
Sender's email: [email protected]
Transaction ID: ********
Transaction date: Oct 11, 2013

Anyone have any ideas on where to go from here? He kind of feel like this is like issuing a bad check and thinks that there might be some kind of attorney general he could go to.
October 18, 2013, 09:47:39 AM
refund received this week.  see my method here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3350757
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
October 17, 2013, 05:58:32 AM
What a bunch of scumbags. Plain and simple.
True, but people keep giving them money and refuse to sue them, so it's their fault too: they fuel them.

If only companies and this very forum followed some sort of guidelines or code of ethics right? http://www.bbb.org/us/bbb-code-of-advertising/

Code:
1. The primary responsibility for truthful and non-deceptive advertising rests with the advertiser.
Advertisers should be prepared to substantiate any claims or offers made before publication or
broadcast and, upon request, present such substantiation promptly to the advertising medium
or the Better Business Bureau.

2. Advertisements which are untrue, misleading, deceptive, fraudulent, falsely disparaging of competitors,
or insincere offers to sell, shall not be used.

3. An advertisement as a whole may be misleading although every sentence separately considered is literally
true. Misrepresentation may result not only from direct statements but by omitting or obscuring a material fact.

Bitgoblin
October 17, 2013, 04:32:20 AM
True, but people keep giving them money and refuse to sue them, so it's their fault too: they fuel them.
October 17, 2013, 04:17:54 AM
Lesson learned on my end Smiley

On the positive side of things, I did file a claim with my credit card about 2 months ago for another order with BFL for about $1300 and I got that money back. So at least I got one refunded.

PTL!

THey still havent refunded my 'upgrade fee' for my cancelled 60gh single order.  THey confirmed they had it and offered a 'credit' towards another order, but it never appeared on my account.  I asked for a refund in btc or bank xfer and surprise surprise have gone silent.

I have referred the matter to the fraud deptment of my bank, so we will see where that takes us.

Activity: 518
October 17, 2013, 04:16:50 AM

On the positive side of things, I did file a claim with my credit card about 2 months ago for another order with BFL for about $1300 and I got that money back. So at least I got one refunded.

PTL!

THey still havent refunded my 'upgrade fee' for my cancelled 60gh single order.  THey confirmed they had it and offered a 'credit' towards another order, but it never appeared on my account.  I asked for a refund in btc or bank xfer and surprise surprise have gone silent.

I have referred the matter to the fraud deptment of my bank, so we will see where that takes us.
October 17, 2013, 04:12:07 AM

PTL!

Activity: 875
Merit: 1003
October 15, 2013, 10:53:08 AM

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
October 14, 2013, 11:23:53 PM
All one has to do to stop Paypal refunds from hitting a bank account or credit card is to close the accounts.

Refunds then bounce back to Paypal and Paypal goes from there.

Move the money from one account to another and "POOF!"!

The above information is 100% correct and if you doubt me, check it out on your own!

Fact.

Smiley
Well, I believe what you're saying but that doesn't help it be any less disappointing that I won't get my money back

I wish I could help you but there is virtually nothing I can do.

Sincerely wish it were otherwise.

Sad

October 14, 2013, 11:46:30 AM
All one has to do to stop Paypal refunds from hitting a bank account or credit card is to close the accounts.

The above information is 100% correct and if you doubt me, check it out on your own!

Fact.

Smiley
Well, I believe what you're saying but that doesn't help it be any less disappointing that I won't get my money back
October 13, 2013, 09:40:17 AM

Fact.

Smiley
October 13, 2013, 09:18:09 AM
Oh damn, I didn't even consider that they wouldn't refund if BFL had no more money in their PayPal account. It shouldn't work that way though because I run an online business with PayPal and PayPal simply deducts it from your backup payment source. Losing a claim is losing a claim and payment is required. At least that's what I thought. I would be pretty surprised if they thought my claim was legitimate but didn't make BFL pay just because "there wasn't enough funds in the account".
True, but if the backup account doesn't have funds either, then it's really zero.  BFL probably wouldn't fund it unless PP threatens legal action, and only if they're afraid of PP.  They not scared of the FTC, the KS AG, or the BBB, so why be of PP?  BFL could even have moved their PP-linked bank funds to another account when PP garnished their PP account.
True, I didn't think of that. If they have already gotten so much flak from people doing refunds, it would be easy to assume BFL has completely abandoned PayPal and would have taken their back-up bank account money elsewhere. They probaly don't even have that same backup bank account funding source any more.

So there's probably no hope of getting my money back now if that is the case...

BTCscraper said "David Marcus would have been adequate" in reference to who I should have emailed about escalating my PayPal claim. Well, I sent David Marcus an email. But it sounds like I won't be getting anywhere if there's no more BFL money available to PayPal to refund to me?
October 13, 2013, 01:24:34 AM
filed complaint to Missouri Attorney General's Office, they promised give the answer in 30-60 days. I do not clearly understand what exactly they can do, is it the time to ask help UK consumer protection services not waiting for AGO reply? Is it time to contact lawyer and start legal actions?

Actually the Mo AG can indeed instigate an investigation into BFL and can indeed file whatever kind of actions it deems appropriate because the complaintant resides in Missouri.

The same is true for "customers" of BFL residing in any state.

Can you imagine like 37 state's Attorney Generals going after BFL?

Could be enough for BFL Josh to sell the lease on his airplane!

LOL!

My $.02.

Wink
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
October 12, 2013, 11:12:08 PM
Oh damn, I didn't even consider that they wouldn't refund if BFL had no more money in their PayPal account. It shouldn't work that way though because I run an online business with PayPal and PayPal simply deducts it from your backup payment source. Losing a claim is losing a claim and payment is required. At least that's what I thought. I would be pretty surprised if they thought my claim was legitimate but didn't make BFL pay just because "there wasn't enough funds in the account".
True, but if the backup account doesn't have funds either, then it's really zero.  BFL probably wouldn't fund it unless PP threatens legal action, and only if they're afraid of PP.  They not scared of the FTC, the KS AG, or the BBB, so why be of PP?  BFL could even have moved their PP-linked bank funds to another account when PP garnished their PP account.

filed complaint to Missouri Attorney General's Office, they promised give the answer in 30-60 days. I do not clearly understand what exactly they can do, is it the time to ask help UK consumer protection services not waiting for AGO reply? Is it time to contact lawyer and start legal actions?
BFL's address is "10770 El Monte, Leawood, KS 66211".  The MO AG won't be able to do anything, but if you filed with the KS AG, they will forward your complaint to the Johnson County District Attorney, whose jurisdiction includes BFL's address.
Activity: 217
Merit: 101
October 12, 2013, 01:23:52 PM
Pages:
Jump to: