Pages:
Author

Topic: YES, you can get a REFUND from BFL - page 6. (Read 45589 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
October 12, 2013, 12:23:49 PM
Oh damn, I didn't even consider that they wouldn't refund if BFL had no more money in their PayPal account. It shouldn't work that way though because I run an online business with PayPal and PayPal simply deducts it from your backup payment source. Losing a claim is losing a claim and payment is required. At least that's what I thought. I would be pretty surprised if they thought my claim was legitimate but didn't make BFL pay just because "there wasn't enough funds in the account".
Well, I'm pretty sure something like that must have happened somewere in past, even if not in the bitcoin world.
So, it should be known what happens.
I'd say it's quite likely that if they want their money, they'll take it from your bank obviously, and if your bank account is zeroed I guess they might bring you to court.

However, as I said, I think it really is known what happens in this case, it's only matter of finding someone who does know it.
Activity: 875
Merit: 1003
October 12, 2013, 12:17:18 PM
Are BFL refunds from PayPal working still?

I have 2 orders. One for $308 and one for $1283 that I want to get refunded. I just want to know if it's still possible.

Go for it.  The longer you wait, the harder it gets.  If you're past 45 days they'll always auto deny you.  If you email the people in laz's thread after you're denied you should have decent luck.  If you paid by credit card then you shouldn't have a problem.
Ok,
I submitted the PayPal disputes. As you said, both were closed within a minute due to being over 45 days.
However, I then emailed three email addresses that I gathered from these forums with a well-written message asking for an escalation of my claims. I included these facts:

the goods were sold on a pre-order basis for delivery in around 2 months
    you have not yet received delivery of the goods you ordered and it's been months
    they have continuously failed to meet delivery deadlines
    they have refused you a refund

The three email addresses I emailed are: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Did I do it right? Any email addresses I missed?

Thanks

David Marcus would have been adequate.  The question is, does BFL's PP account still have funds?  If it's zeroed out, you'll get the response that other people have gotten -- no more refunds because it's over 45 days.
Oh damn, I didn't even consider that they wouldn't refund if BFL had no more money in their PayPal account. It shouldn't work that way though because I run an online business with PayPal and PayPal simply deducts it from your backup payment source. Losing a claim is losing a claim and payment is required. At least that's what I thought. I would be pretty surprised if they thought my claim was legitimate but didn't make BFL pay just because "there wasn't enough funds in the account".
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
October 12, 2013, 09:55:45 AM

I have 2 orders. One for $308 and one for $1283 that I want to get refunded. I just want to know if it's still possible.

Go for it.  The longer you wait, the harder it gets.  If you're past 45 days they'll always auto deny you.  If you email the people in laz's thread after you're denied you should have decent luck.  If you paid by credit card then you shouldn't have a problem.
Ok,
I submitted the PayPal disputes. As you said, both were closed within a minute due to being over 45 days.
However, I then emailed three email addresses that I gathered from these forums with a well-written message asking for an escalation of my claims. I included these facts:

you have not yet received delivery of the goods you ordered and it's been months

The three email addresses I emailed are: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Thanks

David Marcus would have been adequate.  The question is, does BFL's PP account still have funds?  If it's zeroed out, you'll get the response that other people have gotten -- no more refunds because it's over 45 days.
October 11, 2013, 12:19:15 PM

Ok,

Thanks
October 11, 2013, 11:36:53 AM

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
September 29, 2013, 03:26:59 PM
It's not surprising.  I suggest contacting [email protected] (and there's suggested addresses on the other threads here).

If you are serious, contact an attorney -- let PayPal know that you have legal representation (but don't threaten, they will get the hint).   Further, file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and your State's Attorney General office.  Certainly, with any credit card you used (or Bank).

Activity: 7
September 29, 2013, 03:20:44 PM
Interesting summary, thank you for posting this.

I just encountered a similar problem with PayPal, unsurprisingly; the case having been summarily closed without any notice to me.  I just contacted them via [email protected] -- unable to get a real person on the support line.   I also advised them that I have retained legal counsel (which I have, actually).   We filed detailed complaints against BFL with the Federal Trade Commission and with the local Attorney General.

Essentially, I suspect BFL is running a very clever PONZI scheme.

Activity: 23
September 19, 2013, 08:10:02 PM
Two days ago asked for refund in Paypal resolutions centre, for order of $312 (Jala) made at April, 4, 2013. They closed case because it was opened for more than 45 day after the transaction date or did not meet other filing criteria. What I can do next?

Check over here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/need-a-paypal-refund-for-your-bfl-purchase-295187

lajz has the way to get a PayPal refund, just PM him
Activity: 217
Merit: 101
September 19, 2013, 08:05:59 PM
Two days ago asked for refund in Paypal resolutions centre, for order of $312 (Jala) made at April, 4, 2013. They closed case because it was opened for more than 45 day after the transaction date or did not meet other filing criteria. What I can do next?
BKM
Activity: 315
Merit: 250
September 18, 2013, 10:31:30 PM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/want-a-bfl-paypal-refund-pm-me-291205 <--- Need help getting a PayPal refund from BFL... check out this thread.

I followed that thread & have got complete refund from Paypal within 12 hours of sending e-mail to Paypal , I am so relieved that I am out of BFL black hole , Thank you Bicknellski & lajz99   Grin
Thank you lajz99

Yes, he made it Easy

Activity: 518
September 18, 2013, 02:12:48 PM
So, I requested a refund for my 10GH upgrade on the single order (which no longer exists) of the amount $500.  I received an email giving me a $500 credit TOWARDS MY NEXT ORDER.

Next stop my banking institution.

What,, but all sales are final ?  Damn, have you thought what your next order will be ? maybe some nice jewellery for the misses..  Now is that $500 credit transferable. you could sell it in there classified section..

Its not on my account. so they have even failed on that promise too!
Activity: 218
Merit: 100
September 18, 2013, 01:46:43 PM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/want-a-bfl-paypal-refund-pm-me-291205 <--- Need help getting a PayPal refund from BFL... check out this thread.

I followed that thread & have got complete refund from Paypal within 12 hours of sending e-mail to Paypal , I am so relieved that I am out of BFL black hole , Thank you Bicknellski & lajz99   Grin
Thank you lajz99
Activity: 560
September 18, 2013, 12:10:51 AM

Activity: 1316
Merit: 253
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
September 17, 2013, 07:43:13 PM
So, I requested a refund for my 10GH upgrade on the single order (which no longer exists) of the amount $500.  I received an email giving me a $500 credit TOWARDS MY NEXT ORDER.

What,, but all sales are final ?  Damn, have you thought what your next order will be ? maybe some nice jewellery for the misses..  Now is that $500 credit transferable. you could sell it in there classified section..
like what, $500 credit for $450?
I think i would seriously settle for the $450.. or put it on ebay for $600  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006
September 17, 2013, 07:39:12 PM

like what, $500 credit for $450?
Activity: 1316
Merit: 253
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
September 17, 2013, 07:35:14 PM

Activity: 23
September 17, 2013, 07:31:11 PM
>Wait, we dont have one

Except that they actually do.  It's called EMC and it's owned and operated by Inaba himself.

THE EMC? I live right next to their Scottsdale location. There's no way Josh owns that company, it must be worth billions.
Activity: 518
September 17, 2013, 03:18:55 PM

Activity: 532
September 17, 2013, 03:02:57 PM
>Wait, we dont have one

Except that they actually do.  It's called EMC and it's owned and operated by Inaba himself.

This 1,000 times! Josh is raking in pool fees and hosting fees while we wait for our miners.
Of course the fact that he owned and operated this pool LONG before he was invloved with BFL means absolutely nothing.  Otherwise the trolls would need to find something NEW to whine about.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
September 17, 2013, 02:38:57 PM
In this BFL fluff piece Article at CoinDesk http://www.coindesk.com/butterfly-labs-coo-responds-to-detractors-amid-company-struggles/

They say Josh Zerlan characterizes himself as a former miner! Wow what great journalism  Kiss

In the comments section of the web article I wrote

"CoinDesk put this concern to BFL COO, Josh Zerlan, ... as a
former miner himself."

Josh Zerlan is not a former miner but a very active one. He owns and operates :

Eclipse Mining Consortium (EMC) Bitcoin Mining Pool which is currently mining at over 48 terrahash. Secondly he has admitted on the BFL Support forums that he had several early 65nm Mini-rig orders which represent 1500 gigahash each.

Former Miner my ass. Shody research by coindesk"

More BFL FUD being shoveled into Newbies  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: