Pages:
Author

Topic: YES, you can get a REFUND from BFL - page 9. (Read 45589 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
September 08, 2013, 12:06:10 PM
Personally I see nothing wrong in the 'all sales final'.  My daughter works at a steel mill in Pittsburgh and anyone ordering has to pay up front a non refundable deposit.  The chip foundries are the same way, you have to pay up front since you are ordering a specialty item that there is only a niche market for.
I disagree, doesn't make sense.
If I order some steel stuff from your foundry, and you don't deliver in, say, 2 months – let alone 10! – I'm pretty sure I'll ask you my money back, because I need that steel stuff to produce my stuff, and if you can't deliver I'll have to buy it somewhere else.
Your delay would be causing my delay for my customers, and I really don't want angry customers, so you'll better ship or pay back promptly.

Hope it's clear.

Lohoris is absolutely correct about this.

My company does buy mill scale from foundries. We use it as an Iron source for our products. If you don't deliver, its a breach of contract and we are done with you. These are very large contracts and mill scale sellers hop to the beat of our drum, not the other way around.

Regards,
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
September 08, 2013, 12:01:15 PM
Personally I see nothing wrong in the 'all sales final'.  My daughter works at a steel mill in Pittsburgh and anyone ordering has to pay up front a non refundable deposit.  The chip foundries are the same way, you have to pay up front since you are ordering a specialty item that there is only a niche market for.
I disagree, doesn't make sense.
If I order some steel stuff from your foundry, and you don't deliver in, say, 2 months – let alone 10! – I'm pretty sure I'll ask you my money back, because I need that steel stuff to produce my stuff, and if you can't deliver I'll have to buy it somewhere else.
Your delay would be causing my delay for my customers, and I really don't want angry customers, so you'll better ship or pay back promptly.

Hope it's clear.
September 08, 2013, 11:54:46 AM
Personally I disagree.

The reason I wanted a refund is because of the delay in shipping, and the fact they treat their customers with disdain.  Not only that but their sales policy "all sales are final" is against the law.  Not only that but using my funds for the miner I purchased to research another tranche of 28nm pcie miners when the ones your supposed to be building arent even built yet is not on.

Use those funds to expand the company and enable better fulfilling of orders, not pile it into R&D.

Tsk.
Ok, 2 questions... When did you request your refund?  Have you or will you be making a purchase of ASICs from another company?

Personally I see nothing wrong in the 'all sales final'.  My daughter works at a steel mill in Pittsburgh and anyone ordering has to pay up front a non refundable deposit.  The chip foundries are the same way, you have to pay up front since you are ordering a specialty item that there is only a niche market for.  If Yifu indeed refunded everyone the amount they sent for their chips, then he is out the cost of those chips he paid the founcry and it remains to be seen if he can get them in time for them to still remain profitable.

Now you have stepped into the boundaries of the unknown.  You are ASSUMING they are using YOUR funds for research.  Do you have proof of this?  It is equally likely the profit from FPGAs and from units already shipped is what is funding that research.  The problem is neither of us can prove if that is or is not the case.  Your belief would never stand up in a court of law.

From recent blogs, it's been mentioned that they moved the building of Mini-rigs to a new area.  That to me would indicate they already ARE expanding and trying to fulfill orders better.

No, I got a refund because I passed the point when I think it's better long term to purchase the BTC and hold it than to mine for it.
You just proved my point.  You got a refund because your money-making machine won't make as much as you hoped.  Thank you.

BCP,

I would like to answer your question of purchasing from another company. I did place and fully fund an order from bitfury through Dave. When I placed this order I still had fully funded orders with BFL. I had not cancelled yet. That being said. 2 months after I placed my order with Dave, my gear is hashing away nicely in my house, by bfls updates, they still have not gotten to my old place in line. Now my BFL money wont be going to the lower priced Monarch, It will be buying 800 GH/s from Dave. Yes at a higher price maybe never make a return, yada yada. But Dave acts professionally and has always treated me with respect. That treatment will always get my money.

Regards
September 08, 2013, 11:47:56 AM
Lohoris brings up a good point... why are more people holding onto their orders with BFl than those demanding refunds?  The answer is simple: It's the difference between the get-rich quick suckers that have(or will) jumped from company to company demanding 3 and 4 refunds in the process yet still have no product in hand and the long-term investors that want a given product at a given speed.

Bitcoin mining isn't a short term sprint, it's a marathon.  Too many sprinters are trying to win the race and are demanding refunds when they get passed.  The marathoners just smile and keep running.

No, I got a refund because I passed the point when I think it's better long term to purchase the BTC and hold it than to mine for it.

I have to agree with CP1 and vulgartrendkill. I pulled my order mainly because the face of the company has such disdain for customers or criticism.

I originally placed an order with BFL based on the fanboi defense going on at BFL forums vs the hate going on over here. I figured what I read here was sour grapes, I even dismissed the "I will give you a quarter" video telling myself I did not have the whole story.

I was putting BFL in the underdog category and I root for underdogs often. Only one other time in my life (48years)  have I demanded a refund, it was also on a failure to deliver issue (bitcoin non related)..  

After the treatment of some unhappy customers on the BFL forum my eyes started to open. I'm not saying the customers were acting appropriately, but what is appropriate after you have waited a year or close to it?

More and more of what I read over here from the face of the company made me realize I did not want to do business with them any longer.

It would have been stupid for me to keep my order on a financial basis but if the face of the company had always or almost always acted professionally, they would still have my money. The reason for that is I did agree to the terms, I knew the risk I was taking. That being said, I did not read that I would put up with verbal abuse, pure arrogance and dismissive communication.

Regards
Activity: 532
September 08, 2013, 11:33:42 AM
Personally I disagree.

The reason I wanted a refund is because of the delay in shipping, and the fact they treat their customers with disdain.  Not only that but their sales policy "all sales are final" is against the law.  Not only that but using my funds for the miner I purchased to research another tranche of 28nm pcie miners when the ones your supposed to be building arent even built yet is not on.

Use those funds to expand the company and enable better fulfilling of orders, not pile it into R&D.

Tsk.
Ok, 2 questions... When did you request your refund?  Have you or will you be making a purchase of ASICs from another company?

Personally I see nothing wrong in the 'all sales final'.  My daughter works at a steel mill in Pittsburgh and anyone ordering has to pay up front a non refundable deposit.  The chip foundries are the same way, you have to pay up front since you are ordering a specialty item that there is only a niche market for.  If Yifu indeed refunded everyone the amount they sent for their chips, then he is out the cost of those chips he paid the founcry and it remains to be seen if he can get them in time for them to still remain profitable.

Now you have stepped into the boundaries of the unknown.  You are ASSUMING they are using YOUR funds for research.  Do you have proof of this?  It is equally likely the profit from FPGAs and from units already shipped is what is funding that research.  The problem is neither of us can prove if that is or is not the case.  Your belief would never stand up in a court of law.

From recent blogs, it's been mentioned that they moved the building of Mini-rigs to a new area.  That to me would indicate they already ARE expanding and trying to fulfill orders better.

You just proved my point.  You got a refund because your money-making machine won't make as much as you hoped.  Thank you.
Activity: 518
September 08, 2013, 09:24:42 AM
LOL. Being 10 months late on delivery isn't minutae. It is the core failure of BFL to uphold their side of the "sale".

I've already shown what would have happened with no delays and only 1 full mini-rig a day shipping.  With BTC at $12 in Dec, NO ONE other than Day 1 purchasers would have made RoI.  The WHY is the customers over-ordering without considering the consequences. 

Go ahead and bleat again about BTC to $100+ and all the other hindsight garbage that probably would not have come true due to the changing circumstance.

All irrelevent. Exchange rate doesn't matter. Difficulty doesn't matter. BFL failed to perform, and customers are well within their rights to request refunds. It doesn't matter why they want a refund. BFL failed.
And still, there are tons of people who just wait and refuse to ask refunds.
I'm not sure if I find that more hilarous or more terrifying...

If BTC = $1000 today 99.9% of the refund requests would never have been made.  Exchange rate DOES matter.  "They're 4,6,8,10 months late!!!" is just an excuse to cover the REAL reason people want refunds cause they KNOW that will get it for them.  If BFL had shipped on time and people were looking at their singles making $3 a day on Dec 1, the refund requests would have gone through the roof from the SAME people clamoring for them now.

I know one guy in particular who ordered from BFL in May, started whining in less than 2 weeks, started flaming, went overboard and got banned and got his refund request approved.  I've seen him on BCT with 2 other refunded orders that I know of. 

Lohoris brings up a good point... why are more people holding onto their orders with BFl than those demanding refunds?  The answer is simple: It's the difference between the get-rich quick suckers that have(or will) jumped from company to company demanding 3 and 4 refunds in the process yet still have no product in hand and the long-term investors that want a given product at a given speed.

Bitcoin mining isn't a short term sprint, it's a marathon.  Too many sprinters are trying to win the race and are demanding refunds when they get passed.  The marathoners just smile and keep running.

Personally I disagree.

The reason I wanted a refund is because of the delay in shipping, and the fact they treat their customers with disdain.  Not only that but their sales policy "all sales are final" is against the law.  Not only that but using my funds for the miner I purchased to research another tranche of 28nm pcie miners when the ones your supposed to be building arent even built yet is not on.

Tsk.
September 08, 2013, 09:09:49 AM
LOL. Being 10 months late on delivery isn't minutae. It is the core failure of BFL to uphold their side of the "sale".

I've already shown what would have happened with no delays and only 1 full mini-rig a day shipping.  With BTC at $12 in Dec, NO ONE other than Day 1 purchasers would have made RoI.  The WHY is the customers over-ordering without considering the consequences.  

Go ahead and bleat again about BTC to $100+ and all the other hindsight garbage that probably would not have come true due to the changing circumstance.

All irrelevent. Exchange rate doesn't matter. Difficulty doesn't matter. BFL failed to perform, and customers are well within their rights to request refunds. It doesn't matter why they want a refund. BFL failed.

If BTC = $1000 today 99.9% of the refund requests would never have been made.  Exchange rate DOES matter.  "They're 4,6,8,10 months late!!!" is just an excuse to cover the REAL reason people want refunds cause they KNOW that will get it for them.  If BFL had shipped on time and people were looking at their singles making $3 a day on Dec 1, the refund requests would have gone through the roof from the SAME people clamoring for them now.

EDIT: Case in point:

Thank you for explaining this, hopefully it will sink in.

Put more directly -- ROI is dead, please bring on more refund details.

I know one guy in particular who ordered from BFL in May, started whining in less than 2 weeks, started flaming, went overboard and got banned and got his refund request approved.  I've seen him on BCT with 2 other refunded orders that I know of.  

Lohoris brings up a good point... why are more people holding onto their orders with BFl than those demanding refunds?  The answer is simple: It's the difference between the get-rich quick suckers that have(or will) jumped from company to company demanding 3 and 4 refunds in the process yet still have no product in hand and the long-term investors that want a given product at a given speed.

Bitcoin mining isn't a short term sprint, it's a marathon.  Too many sprinters are trying to win the race and are demanding refunds when they get passed.  The marathoners just smile and keep running.
Activity: 630
Bitgoblin
September 08, 2013, 04:32:33 AM

I've already shown what would have happened with no delays and only 1 full mini-rig a day shipping.  With BTC at $12 in Dec, NO ONE other than Day 1 purchasers would have made RoI.  The WHY is the customers over-ordering without considering the consequences. 

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
September 08, 2013, 12:19:20 AM
Curious how you yet again ignore 90% of the post to fixate on minutae.

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
September 07, 2013, 10:58:22 PM
“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.” -Arthur Schopenhauer, 1788-1860

Guessing BCP is still at first stage while the rest of the community is at stage three about BFL being shady. That is right I called BFL  S H A D Y.
September 07, 2013, 10:50:37 PM
Maybe you need to ask WHY won't they make RoI?

Curious, you left out the key factor. October Delays. November Delays. December Delays. January Delays. February Delays. March Delays. April Delays. May Delays. June Delays. July Delays. August Delays. September Delays. More than 10 months after first scheduled delivery date and they still haven't finished shipping day 1 orders!
Curious how you yet again ignore 90% of the post to fixate on minutae.

September 07, 2013, 10:43:03 PM

Curious, you left out the key factor. October Delays. November Delays. December Delays. January Delays. February Delays. March Delays. April Delays. May Delays. June Delays. July Delays. August Delays. September Delays. More than 10 months after first scheduled delivery date and they still haven't finished shipping day 1 orders!

I wonder why he did that?
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
September 07, 2013, 10:35:52 PM

September 07, 2013, 10:25:42 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMining/comments/1l5oz5/kansas_ag_replied_to_my_consumer_protection/

Kansas AG replied to my consumer protection complaint against Butterfly Labs (self.BitcoinMining)

submitted 12 days ago by edmanet

Although I recently received a refund after getting my credit card company involved, today I received an email from the Kansas Attorney General's office. I filed a complaint a while ago. They have a case number open, which means they are actively investigating BFL for their business practices.
Here is the text of the email attachment I received:

Thank you for filing an investigative request with our office. Your file number is CP-13-00##### and I will be your contact throughout this process. Our first step will be to contact the supplier and request their written response. This may take some time, but we will follow up with you as we progress. During our review, you may be asked to provide additional information. Please keep this letter handy, and refer to your file number if you send additional documents or contact us to inquire about the status of your request. Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We appreciate your patience as we work to assist you.

I responded that I have received a refund but also mentioned that there are potentially thousands of customer who are still un-satisfied.

If you are an un-satisfied BFL customer, I suggest visiting the Kansas AG website and filing a consumer protection complaint.
http://ag.ks.gov/about-the-office/contact-us/file-a-complaint

There is no reason to sit back and take BFL's no refund policy. File a complaint.
September 07, 2013, 10:05:05 PM
Love the quote at the end of the page...

My favourite version of that line is:

"If you can't find the asshole in the room it is you." Fortunately we can all identify Josh and a few of his minions flittering about.

Sad to see people get taken and won't be able to ROI on their units. This nightmare will hopefully end when they stop getting enough orders to buy ad space here and on facebook and elsewhere. Maybe the AG and FTC might have to shut them down an put a few of them in jail. Either way if you haven't tried to get a refund do it now.
What a line... 'Sad to see people get taken'.  You're so worried about BFL's customers yet you turn a blind eye to AM and his customers that get ripped off daily.  People are getting taken over and over on these forums but you have your blinders on and can only see BFL.

Maybe you need to ask WHY won't they make RoI?  That's not BFL's fault, even though you refuse to see it.  The mining community did this to themselves and are still doing it with every new purchase out there.

What is truly sad here is the people demanding refunds never did their homework.  WHY are people so adamant about getting refunds?  #1 reason, whether you admit the truth to yourself or not, is cause they can't earn what they thought they could.  People ordered a product, not a promise to become rich.  But now that it's obvious they can't get rich they want a refund.  Does the product do what it claimed it would?  Yes.  The extra power was known and everyone was sent an email and they had to say respond and say YES, they still wanted their product.  I'd would bet you if these people demanding refunds told the WHOLE truth, Paypal and their CC company would laugh them out of town.  "I paid $$$ to make $$$$!"  Pathetic.

There are no guarantees in life other than you won't get out alive.
September 07, 2013, 09:32:26 PM
Love the quote at the end of the page...

My favourite version of that line is:

"If you can't find the asshole in the room it is you." Fortunately we can all identify Josh and a few of his minions flittering about.

Sad to see people get taken and won't be able to ROI on their units. This nightmare will hopefully end when they stop getting enough orders to buy ad space here and on facebook and elsewhere. Maybe the AG and FTC might have to shut them down an put a few of them in jail. Either way if you haven't tried to get a refund do it now.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
September 07, 2013, 08:48:14 PM
You can all close down BFL if you want to, I already got my 30 GH/s original little single
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IOW, "Fuck you. I got mine."

Don't feel too bad, my LS is currently making around 0.06BTC per day right now and dropping rapidly.  By October's end this thing will be mining dust.  I've had it running 3 weeks at a cost of 50+BTC and 13 months wait.  I'll NEVER see the 50+BTC I originally paid.

I feel sorry for you even if you got you miner. If BFL had any honesty or integrity like Bitfury vendors the would have delivered as promised in October 2012  and the bitcoin industry or landscape would be totally different now.

All the BS BFL have been serving us is quite obviously real BULLSHIT because it doesn't take rocket science to deliver an ASIC product. Just look at BITFURY.

We have all had the long CON played on us by these scammers.

I'm happy I have something to mine with....
I'm in Florida, electricity is truly cheap.

Cheap Huh  I'm in florida & pay .12 cents per Kw/h.I got my 30GH'er July 1st,I'm earning about .19 now with 33.5GH (a few BE's to make up for my GPU's going offline).

I paid 80+BTC for mine & have earned about 30BTC so far.............it'll never get'em all back  Angry  Thanks BFL  Wink
Activity: 1493
Merit: 763
Life is a taxable event
September 07, 2013, 06:43:38 PM
You can all close down BFL if you want to, I already got my 30 GH/s original little single
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Don't feel too bad, my LS is currently making around 0.06BTC per day right now and dropping rapidly.  By October's end this thing will be mining dust.  I've had it running 3 weeks at a cost of 50+BTC and 13 months wait.  I'll NEVER see the 50+BTC I originally paid.

I feel sorry for you even if you got you miner. If BFL had any honesty or integrity like Bitfury vendors the would have delivered as promised in October 2012  and the bitcoin industry or landscape would be totally different now.

All the BS BFL have been serving us is quite obviously real BULLSHIT because it doesn't take rocket science to deliver an ASIC product. Just look at BITFURY.

I'm happy I have something to mine with....
I'm in Florida, electricity is truly cheap.
Activity: 406
September 07, 2013, 04:32:36 PM

Activity: 378
September 07, 2013, 02:24:22 PM
Don't feel too bad, my LS is currently making around 0.06BTC per day right now and dropping rapidly.

30GH/s generates ~0.17 btc /day at 86,933,018 difficulty.  Wait, I get it, you must be paying .11btc per day in electricity.   Roll Eyes

I'm as pissed as anyone at BFL atm, but no need to make shit up.
Pages:
Jump to: