Pages:
Author

Topic: Your opinion on token airdrops? - page 4. (Read 722 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 160
April 26, 2018, 03:22:47 PM
How do you guys feel about project issuing airdrops? Even if it is one from a reputable project with a great utility token.

For some reason Airdrop is the best way to earn free token/coin without doing some task, all we have to do just filling the form and wait the token/coin arrived on our wallet...
But at this time, there are so many scam airdrop just try to stole our data and then so many new airdrop that I found require to fill KYC and doing some task before we can claim, that's so horrible and feels like we doing a bounty... Angry
copper member
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
April 26, 2018, 03:20:52 PM
Before or after the crowdsale?
No doubt it attracts community to the project and the coin in particular and helps to gather supporters around you.
Still it's important to remain valuable and not to make your coin "worthless" because of airdrops
Activity: 42
April 26, 2018, 03:17:45 PM
While it would be appealing to receive some of the hot new tokens for free, the truth is, the airdrops for those are long past. Assets like OmiseGo, Stellar, BAT, Golem sometimes see announcements for fake airdrops. Usually, those are attempts to steal wallet private keys. So if you see an invitation for an airdrop of an already widely traded token, best check with the official social media of the project.
Some airdrops require the sharing of a few online identities plus a blockchain address. In theory, the address is forever linked with a person. Sending and receiving from that address also taints other addresses. The small reward of an airdrop may have higher costs along the way.
For some airdrops, the coins never arrive. Or, they are a token that has no value and no way of trading. While in the past ICOs have given away valuable assets, now some projects don't even bother to send the tokens. So filling out all the forms may be a waste of time. For some projects, the referral program is also fake, further wasting time.

Activity: 303
Merit: 100
April 26, 2018, 03:01:51 PM
While I like free money, I don't want hassle and problems down the road. For that reason I prefer no airdrops for the next little bit, at least until the regulations are defined and everybody knows what is right and wrong.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
April 26, 2018, 03:01:38 PM
airdrop for some projects is a disaster, maybe the number is not too much but this can lead to the destruction of a project
Activity: 2282
Merit: 589
April 26, 2018, 03:00:07 PM
There is no potential airdrops these days, except the one's which give you on holding of other coins or tokens. Free airdrops are just waste of time and for collecting user data. 99.99% of these coins will be just pumped artificially and will get dumped as soon as they are distributed.
Activity: 252
April 26, 2018, 02:58:13 PM
Airdrops wont last for long time those coins wont have value to hodl at least there are more than 20 airdrops coins are coming among which only one or two we can see success so overall airdrops are nt worth putting time for research
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
April 26, 2018, 02:57:48 PM
I think token airdrops is very sad. something that does not correspond. i hate airdrop.
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
April 26, 2018, 02:53:27 PM
I think that not worth spend time on airdrop, so as too many fraud. It is better to participate in the bounty of the company. But if you want to participate in airdrop, then you will have to accept participation in very large numbers airdrop.
Activity: 196
Merit: 5
April 26, 2018, 02:50:17 PM
How do you guys feel about project issuing airdrops? Even if it is one from a reputable project with a great utility token.
AirDrop works on the principle of word of mouth when a person who receives tokens for simple actions, will recommend their friends to do the same thing, and so on. A vivid example of the AirDrop is the Ukrainian project Nimses.Be that as it may, we all should thank the developers of the block of projects for the fact that they made it possible to receive additional earnings I participate in the promotion, sometimes, of revolutionary projects and ideas.
Activity: 31
April 26, 2018, 01:56:31 PM
To me, airdrops attracts people to a project and it's a good way to gain ground for reputable projects. But they rarely give good tokens even after several works. This is not a good way to compensate one's effort
Activity: 742
Merit: 397
April 26, 2018, 01:48:23 PM

It's their way to gather and attract community members, supporters, and potential investors. That way they can gain more attention from other people, which is most likely a win win situation for their participants and the project as it boosts market demand.
Activity: 112
April 26, 2018, 01:47:29 PM
Airdrop is a good starting point for good project, making it a public notice. Soon our bounty program will kick start.
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
April 26, 2018, 01:45:11 PM
Airdrop is god thing both for project and for hunters but i think it's inefficient spend of time to take part in drops rather then doing bounty
Activity: 210
April 26, 2018, 01:32:08 PM
I think in airdrop makes no sense if there is a bounty where you can earn many times more
Activity: 333
Merit: 10
Lifestyle & Wellness Platform
April 26, 2018, 01:30:28 PM
I joined Airdrop in February. I have registered many projects but only 1/20 projects pay me. So I do not think Airdrop will make a lot of money. We should skip Airdrop and replace it with Bounty
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
April 26, 2018, 01:28:24 PM
I think that now it is not worth spending time on airdrops, because in almost all cases they are not able to rise in price. I do not participate in the drop.
copper member
Activity: 56
April 26, 2018, 01:01:17 PM
Hmm, Token airdrops...
I think is a good way to make attract some people attention to a project. But unfortunately, some airdrop that I found at 2018 mostly scam and just give me worthless tokens. Also, I see many new Airdrops that I found require to fill out the KYC before we can claim, and I think it's so horrible...  Angry
Activity: 470
Merit: 250
April 26, 2018, 01:00:32 PM
I am very positive about airdrops. Sometimes you can get good profit for few minutes of work. But sometimes you can waste half hour and do not get anything.
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
homt.net
April 26, 2018, 12:56:10 PM
Now airdrops are no more profitable for participants . If it is from reputable project then it should be good marketing strategy from the team. Airdrop and bounty still one of the best marketing strategy . Do we can’t completely ignore airdrop. But I stopped because of some scam attempt happened .
Pages:
Jump to: