Pages:
Author

Topic: Your opinion on token airdrops? - page 8. (Read 722 times)

Activity: 164
Merit: 10
April 23, 2018, 04:22:35 PM
How do you guys feel about project issuing airdrops? Even if it is one from a reputable project with a great utility token.

I think there is a low chance you getting something that is really worth your time, of course there are exceptions, but you usually wait for weeks or months for you coins and then everyone just dumps it.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
April 23, 2018, 04:20:46 PM
What do I think about airdrops? I am of the opinion of most people that today airdrops is a very foggy system in which there is a very strange distribution of tokens and a small probability that the project will really develop. I think that this is so.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
April 23, 2018, 04:20:44 PM
Airdrops are a great way to get familar with cryptos imho.

Because you don't have anything to lose, only a little bit of your time.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
April 23, 2018, 04:16:19 PM
I think that all the same it is worth to participate in Airdrops because there is always a chance that there will be some worthwhile coin on which you can just earn.
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
April 23, 2018, 03:27:30 PM
You can earn on this kind of bounty program and project can gain social community. But I think that not always it is good for ICO. Some projects have dead telegram channels and non active community because of airdrops.
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
April 23, 2018, 03:02:46 PM
My opinion about airdrops is very negative, because today all these airdrops mostly send only garbage, which nobody wants, but the whole point is the idea of ​​the project, if the idea is really very good, then airdrios will be good, if not, then and airdrop nobody needs.
Activity: 308
April 23, 2018, 02:58:49 PM
It's a good way to make money. It's like a part-time job in the world of cryptocurrencies and bounty. So I don't think anyone here sees airdrop as the main source of income.

Hmm yes, airdrop never can to be main work, because i think if you register 10 airdrop, maybe have 1 to 2 airdrop can listed exchange and it may not be worth the price. You need to be a lucky person  Wink
Activity: 714
Merit: 160
April 23, 2018, 02:49:53 PM
Hmm, Token airdrops...
I think is a good way to make attract some people attention to a project. But unfortunately, some airdrop that I found at 2018 mostly scam and just give me worthless tokens. Also, I see many new Airdrops that I found require to fill out the KYC before we can claim, and I think it's so horrible...  Angry
Activity: 224
"IGT-crypto - lifetime income from working exchang
April 23, 2018, 02:48:02 PM
It's a good way to make money. It's like a part-time job in the world of cryptocurrencies and bounty. So I don't think anyone here sees airdrop as the main source of income.
Activity: 252
Merit: 14
Marketplace for sensor data
April 23, 2018, 02:44:26 PM
There are a lot of ICO project run airdrop for their token holder, it's an encouragement way to make all their investor hold their token for longer and it'll make their token price won't be dumped because of panic seller Smiley). It's totally different with other airdrops, you need to hold requirement token in your balance if you want to join these airdrops.
Activity: 71
Merit: 0
April 23, 2018, 02:42:55 PM
How about a token airdrop that has a cap to a certain amount of members? That way each member can get more tokens and would most likely be based on a first come, first served.

Also, i actually has another question....should the KYC be just as strict as a normal ICO?
I believe that the number of participants in the signature campaign in ICO projects should not be limited. Now only in some ICO campaigns the number of participants in the campaign is very high, basically there are a few dozen participants. Now everyone has the right to choose to join him to a particular ICO campaign or not. This should be followed. Here the forum has already introduced a merit system since January, which actually blocked the movement of members of the forum on ranks. Now the question is raised about the limitation of the number of participants in the signature campaign. This is wrong and not democratic. In addition, the ICO teams themselves are not interested in this restriction. For them, the more participants will advertise their ICO project, the better. Vseravno on all participating in the campaign signatures of individuals allocated a certain number of issued tokens.

A lot of legal teams for ICOs are advising them not to go with public crowdsales. So what are other ways for them to raise funds?
Activity: 238
Merit: 6
April 23, 2018, 02:41:50 PM
Well, no reason is bad. You can participate in normal projects. If everyone participates in a row, you just lose time.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
April 23, 2018, 02:36:28 PM
I think it is a good thing that they give away tokens for free for better coverage in the market. However, most of the airdropped tokens do not amount much when you sell them, thus you have on one side free tokens that do not amount much, and on the other they ask you to join a number of social channel, and after a while it gets annoying. You judge for yourself.
Activity: 568
Merit: 254
April 23, 2018, 02:27:14 PM
How do you guys feel about project issuing airdrops? Even if it is one from a reputable project with a great utility token.
Airdrop is a good strategy in advertisement as long as it is very limited amount per participants to avoid dumps when it is already available in trading platform. Big allocation for airdrop is a big NO for me because it will only create a disaster in the first phase of the project after it is listed in any trading platform.
Activity: 51
April 23, 2018, 02:18:39 PM
Airdrops are the ones that requires from users to complete various social tasks in order to be able to participate in the airdrop.That social tasks may be to join Telegram group, or follow a blockchain project on the Twitter or some other social network.
Some airdrops are scam or legit. You are lucky if get of those promise reward after you do the task they have been given.
Activity: 336
April 23, 2018, 02:15:40 PM
All airdrops are a deception. Never pay coins. And I try to carefully select them, but still very little sense.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 180
Chainjoes.com
April 23, 2018, 02:07:12 PM
How about a token airdrop that has a cap to a certain amount of members? That way each member can get more tokens and would most likely be based on a first come, first served.

Also, i actually has another question....should the KYC be just as strict as a normal ICO?
I believe that the number of participants in the signature campaign in ICO projects should not be limited. Now only in some ICO campaigns the number of participants in the campaign is very high, basically there are a few dozen participants. Now everyone has the right to choose to join him to a particular ICO campaign or not. This should be followed. Here the forum has already introduced a merit system since January, which actually blocked the movement of members of the forum on ranks. Now the question is raised about the limitation of the number of participants in the signature campaign. This is wrong and not democratic. In addition, the ICO teams themselves are not interested in this restriction. For them, the more participants will advertise their ICO project, the better. Vseravno on all participating in the campaign signatures of individuals allocated a certain number of issued tokens.
Activity: 71
April 23, 2018, 01:21:34 PM
Each token is aimed at attracting more attention, and then allowing more investors to see it have a large community and invest in them. It has to be said that this is a successful marketing strategy.

I agree with this. And are you talking about public or private investors? Or both?
Activity: 630
Merit: 20
April 23, 2018, 04:45:21 AM
ICO's, airdrops, signature campaigns, and other distribution methods are just tools... what matters are the motives behind the team.  If an airdrop is simply to scatter coins across as many addresses as possible to spam then no, I'm not a fan of them.

True. Most ICOs spreading are failed and scams. The reason why most of the investors are still choose to produce an ICO even if it is too risky is because of the main reason that they wanted to raise money. We wanted to see ICOs projects with future utility.

According to Schimdt, "Low-quality projects are taking advantage of airdrops to make a fake community." And I strongly agree to his statement. In the long term, few tokens are being establish and being known.
Activity: 994
Merit: 106
Official Street Team member
April 23, 2018, 04:22:48 AM
airdrop is great if the developer team knows how to crypto work, you can see lately there are some successful airdrop in the market, but do not do ICO, it happens because the developers know what to do, but most airdrop developers do not know what to do what, and finally their tokens / coins do not have a price in the market Grin
Pages:
Jump to: