Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 312. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 319
Merit: 250
For the 1st time in recorded history, there will be a world resource that can be used as a unit of exchange between individuals for Virtual or Physical goods & service not corrupted by banking corporations, kings, or corrupt governments.

Only problem with that theory is that this "world resource" is still highly oligarchical in nature. It is true that everyone has to consent to the new changes that are being made, but it is still "managed" to a certain degree. It is true that there is no "federal reserve" for Bitcoin, but the truth is that if the developers of Bitcoin were to get together with the exchanges, key businesses and pool operators and coordinate a hard fork, then the rest of the masses will have to make the change or else their Bitcoins will be useless.

And what if the masses don't accept the changes? Well we've seen what happens in that scenario play out in countless alt-coin communities, esp with pump and dump communities. Often the results benefit only the people who jumped ship before shit hit the fan. Many times the community simply fractures, or disintegrates entirely because everyone stops using the digital resource and thus you have "dead coins" with no real market value.

So yea, Rent-A-Ray, behold the mighty power and influence that you wield. No pressure or anything.  Cheesy Grin Roll Eyes
Activity: 163
Merit: 100

Forgot to re-post this from XBC thread:

Pro staker tip: (ahem .. me   Wink)

- Get a cheap Intel Mobo. AS Rock H61 or H81 Pro BTC are dirt cheap now and do not need a GPU, due to HDMI port on mobo,
- Q3220 Intel CPU - dirt cheap as well,
- add some RAM - 4GB enough, 8GB better,
- and a HDD, or SSD .. 60GB enough, 120GB better,
- cheap ass PSU .. 250W is plenty.

And Voila! You have a staking machine which uses 50W power and is silent (if using SSD, no clack clack from HDD) makes more money than a $1000 mining rig right now. Best thing, can have a dozen coins staking full time.

So .. $200 tops for staking rig, spend $800 on 2 BTC and buy Zeits. ~ 400Mil Zeit at this silly low price. Make 40mil coins until March PoS reduction and still have all the original coins.

Shocked ... Sounds good! How would you put it all together though? What box do you recommend to put it all into?

My Asus 901 SSD net-books are rated at 36W (max), so for pure, one-on-one, POS minting I should imagine they would perform well too. I must try one out see what power it actually consumes in staking.

I've never found minting to be that much of a problem with Zeitcoin. It's quick and easy.  Just sync up every now-and-then and ... pop, pop, pop ... the POS interest payments flood through.

Low power set-ups come in handy for POS coins where the difficulty is high and there are very low maximum coin-block sizes for optimum POS. On such coins it is more like mining - a bit of a pain in the neck - small POS coin-blocks fragmenting into smaller blocks all over the place. This makes it necessary to keep a computer staking for long periods.

That's one of the reasons why I like Zeitcoin. Quick and easy. Power efficient. I think that should be emphasised as a selling point.
legendary
Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000
No good deed goes unpunished
Forgot to re-post this from XBC thread:

Pro staker tip: (ahem .. me   Wink)

- Get a cheap Intel Mobo. AS Rock H61 or H81 Pro BTC are dirt cheap now and do not need a GPU, due to HDMI port on mobo,
- Q3220 Intel CPU - dirt cheap as well,
- add some RAM - 4GB enough, 8GB better,
- and a HDD, or SSD .. 60GB enough, 120GB better,
- cheap ass PSU .. 250W is plenty.

And Voila! You have a staking machine which uses 50W power and is silent (if using SSD, no clack clack from HDD) makes more money than a $1000 mining rig right now. Best thing, can have a dozen coins staking full time.

So .. $200 tops for staking rig, spend $800 on 2 BTC and buy Zeits. ~ 400Mil Zeit at this silly low price. Make 40mil coins until March PoS reduction and still have all the original coins.
Zeitcoin Coinpayments Vote

• The vote ends on December 5, 2014 at 12:00:00pm EST

• Each vote costs 0.001 BTC. Besides Bitcoin, you can use Litecoin and Dogecoin. The cost of a vote is roughly equivalent to 37 cents (US$0.37), 0.30 Euros, or 23 pence (£0.23). Each token amount is donated to charity.

• If voting, make sure that you confirm your vote by clicking on the authorisation link which will be sent to you via email, otherwise it won't be registered. Allow for any transaction fee in sending the voting amount to Coinpayments.

To vote:
https://www.coinpayments.net/vote

To check the progress of the vote:
https://www.coinpayments.net/vote-thanks
Activity: 147
Merit: 10
Nope just a gamer and computer hobbyist thats also into crypto on the side.  Obviously i wouldnt use this system just for POS Smiley
To Bluemustang ... and here's me thinking that you were putting an old net-book to good use! I know some do for POS coins because of power efficiency. Sounds like you are into lots of coins though. POW, POS and any hybrid in between. And talking about coins units of barter, that reminds me:

Zeitcoin Coinpayments Vote

• The vote ends on December 5, 2014 at 12:00:00pm EST

• Each vote costs 0.001 BTC. Besides Bitcoin, you can use Litecoin and Dogecoin. The cost of a vote is roughly equivalent to 37 cents (US$0.37), 0.30 Euros, or 23 pence (£0.23). Each token amount is donated to charity.

• For anyone voting, make sure that you confirm your vote by clicking on the authorisation link which will be sent to you via email, otherwise it won't be registered. Allow for any transaction fee in sending a deposit to Coinpayments.

To vote:
https://www.coinpayments.net/vote

To check the progress of the vote:
https://www.coinpayments.net/vote-thanks
Hey guys, its been awhile since i've posted on here but im back and could use some advice.  I got computer running on an ssd now and i cant afford to have the huge database file sizes to be on my ssd.  I'm trying to set a symbolic junction link as ive done before with other files but no matter what i try the wallet tells me "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way." after i set the junction and closes whenever i try to start the wallet.

Any ideas?  Thanks

If you want blockchain/wallet on an another Hdd: Properties of a zeitcoin shortcut:  C:\whereYouHaveZeitFiles\Zeitcoin-qt.exe -datadir=D:\SomewhereElse

I'd appreciate a more expanded, step-by-step, version of exactly how to do this as I have the same prob - My 120GB SSD is getting full with the wallets I have stored there - BTC, LTC, Zeit, VRC, BYC & the 7 Blake wallets.

I created a shortcut and added what you said to the end of the line inside target and it says "The name "F:\Internet Downloads\zeitcoin-qt.exe"-datadir=D:\Crypto\zeitcoin' specified in the target box is not valid.

It's unclear from your inserted quotation mark, but I think there should be a space between .exe and -datadir.

Sweet adding the space helped thanks.

Glad to be of help. Using a ssd-based computer for minting is a neat wrinkle!

As an interlude, I'd like to touch upon something that I personally find interesting. I've brought some recent posts together. Bluemustang mentioned ssd (solid state drives). I have two Asus 901 net-books that are ssd-based. They have limited storage capacities, but can be expanded with SD cards up 32Gb. I've always resisted the temptation to mint POS with them and transferring onto a SD cards.

OK fellow Zeitcoinistas, please share any experience you may have with 901s, or similar machines - I suspect Bluemustang is using one. He has always struck me as being particularly savvy! SSD computers use far less less energy. I've been wary of possible, limited over-write issues in using extended SD memory cards in slots on SSD machines. I have an open mind. Please convince me to deploy my 901s! Your experience is valid.

Nope, I am using a custom high end gaming rig.  Multiple GPUs, SSD, multiple HDDs etc.  Never got into mobile stuff much, just doesnt have the power i love or the mod-ability (my rig has got custom water cooling setup with AIO coolers on the CPU and both GPUs).  Ok i'll stop talking about my hobby Wink
legendary
Activity: 1092
Read the article, this is problem with their line of thinking regarding Zeitcoin.
They think we are a currency, we are not,
Technically Zeitcoin is a Virtual Resource that is made by personal computers,
To make a Zeitcoin , you need CPU Labor, Electricity, Internet connection, & Time,
We combine those resources to make a Zeitcoin.

TZM wants everyone to go back to direct trading of natural resources.
Originally everything was Barter of Natural Resources, you did work and were paid in food, clothes , or shelter.
Problem was this , if I work for a chicken farmer and he pays me & his other workers in eggs every day.
I got plenty of eggs , so I go to the Sheep farmer down the road and ask to trade my extra eggs for their wool clothes (made from sheep hair) , the sheep farmer tells me , he has too many eggs, since the others workers already traded with him , but he could use new shears to cut the sheep hair, so I go to the general store and try to trade my eggs for shears, same problem there General Store has too many eggs but if I can get some flour they will trade with me, so I found the wheat farmer traded my eggs for some wheat seeds which I then Grind up into flour and then went back to the general store traded the flour for the shears, then went back to the sheep farmer traded the shears for the Wool Clothes. (All of that to buy some clothes, my feet were tired.)

Now since money was invented chicken farmer pays me and I go to the sheep farmer and pay him.
(All Done) No extra resources or time wasted because of all that traveling.

The problem is not the use of a monetary system, the problem is that the monetary system is always controlled by Kings, Governments, or Banking industry and they always corrupt it for their own selfish desires, without exception. (Just google the recent news where banking officials want to have a negative interest rate on savings accounts.)

That is where Zeitcoin comes in, it acts as a natural fixed resource, that can be traded between individuals world wide, there are no banks , no governments , in control of zeitcoin, It interest rate is fixed , it value is determined by the individuals who accept it. It is decentralized and depends on the people's personal PCs to keep it running, not a bunch of multimillion dollar corps running bitcoin mining operations.
It has the convenience of money , but can not be corrupted like money.
For the 1st time in recorded history, there will be a world resource that can be used as a unit of exchange between individuals for Virtual or Physical goods & service not corrupted by banking corporations, kings, or corrupt governments.

Zeitcoin is the Real Movement , and Ladies & Gentlemen of Zeit , we will be the ones that
Change the World for the Better.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
You didn't say that in your original post. 40 days from a first deposit has not been my experience and I've gone through many minting periods. v2.0.1.2 was an intermediate wallet. The latest is v2.0.1.3. Perhaps you should install that. If your initial staking deposit was very small, then that might lead to a delay in minting. In Zeitcoinland we talk in millions.

Latest Wallet is 2.0.1.4 with Block Explorer.
Wallet 2.0.1.2 Core is doing the same job as all Zeitwallets greater than 1.0. There is no need to update.

Cheers,
Ray
Hey guys, its been awhile since i've posted on here but im back and could use some advice.  I got computer running on an ssd now and i cant afford to have the huge database file sizes to be on my ssd.  I'm trying to set a symbolic junction link as ive done before with other files but no matter what i try the wallet tells me "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way." after i set the junction and closes whenever i try to start the wallet.

Any ideas?  Thanks

If you want blockchain/wallet on an another Hdd: Properties of a zeitcoin shortcut:  C:\whereYouHaveZeitFiles\Zeitcoin-qt.exe -datadir=D:\SomewhereElse

I'd appreciate a more expanded, step-by-step, version of exactly how to do this as I have the same prob - My 120GB SSD is getting full with the wallets I have stored there - BTC, LTC, Zeit, VRC, BYC & the 7 Blake wallets.

I created a shortcut and added what you said to the end of the line inside target and it says "The name "F:\Internet Downloads\zeitcoin-qt.exe"-datadir=D:\Crypto\zeitcoin' specified in the target box is not valid.

It's unclear from your inserted quotation mark, but I think there should be a space between .exe and -datadir.

As an interlude, I'd like to touch upon something that I personally find interesting. I've brought some recent posts together. Bluemustang mentioned ssd (solid state drives). I have two Asus 901 net-books that are ssd-based. They have limited storage capacities, but can be expanded with SD cards up 32Gb. I've always resisted the temptation to mint POS with them and transferring onto a SD cards.

OK fellow Zeitcoinistas, please share any experience you may have with 901s, or similar machines - I suspect Bluemustang is using one. He has always struck me as being particularly savvy! SSD computers use far less less energy. I've been wary of possible, limited over-write issues in using extended SD memory cards in slots on SSD machines. I have an open mind. Please convince me to deploy my 901s! Your experience is valid.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Well hello there!
A first deposit of Zeitcoin matures and is ready for minting after 20 days. The actual minting depends on the weighting: the time elapsing after maturation and the amount of Zeitcoin deposited.

Zeitcoin is pretty quick to mint compared to some other POS coins, but this process can take a number of days to complete. With other POS coins it can take weeks. Try again in a few days time.

When minting happens, you will be given added interest on the extra days that you have waited.
So I shouldn't expect first PoS reward until 20 days after initial 20 days of staking?  I.E. 40 days or so?

You didn't say that in your original post. 40 days from a first deposit has not been my experience and I've gone through many minting periods. v2.0.1.2 was an intermediate wallet. The latest is v2.0.1.3. Perhaps you should install that. If your initial staking deposit was very small, then that might lead to a delay in minting. In Zeitcoinland we talk in millions.
Just got my first Staked coins about 35 minutes ago.  Ok, so it was roughly 22 days since I deposited my first Zeit.  Pretty much on target it appears.  Thanks for the replies.
A first deposit of Zeitcoin matures and is ready for minting after 20 days. The actual minting depends on the weighting: the time elapsing after maturation and the amount of Zeitcoin deposited.

Zeitcoin is pretty quick to mint compared to some other POS coins, but this process can take a number of days to complete. With other POS coins it can take weeks. Try again in a few days time.

When minting happens, you will be given added interest on the extra days that you have waited.
So I shouldn't expect first PoS reward until 20 days after initial 20 days of staking?  I.E. 40 days or so?

legendary
Well hello there!

So I shouldn't expect first PoS reward until 20 days after initial 20 days of staking?  I.E. 40 days or so?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
Now sitting at 22 days since adding first zeitcoin to my local wallet and started staking.  Still nothing.  Really starting to suspect PoS doesn't work at all with the client I'm using. (v2.0.1.2)

Also, double check that minting is unlocked (if you had locked it previously).

legendary
Well hello there!
Now sitting at 22 days since adding first zeitcoin to my local wallet and started staking.  Still nothing.  Really starting to suspect PoS doesn't work at all with the client I'm using. (v2.0.1.2)

Jump to: