Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 318. (Read 1009280 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Wallet news:

Mac Binary 2.0.1.3 has been successfully built. (Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite are tested)
I will bundle it into a package and publish the link today.

Cheers,
Ray

Great Work , Ray.   Cheesy

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
Wallet news:

Mac Binary 2.0.1.3 has been successfully built. (Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite are tested)
I will bundle it into a package and publish the link today.

Cheers,
Ray
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
Thanks! Article has been submitted.

Now 81 Litecoin buy wall on 40 at Cryptsy.

WOW.

Cool

I bought a little over 200,000 today between Cryptsy and Comkort.  Cool
legendary
I would like to make a proposition. I know we were in the process of standing up an eBay style online marketplace for Zeit a few months ago, but unfortunately it fell through. I understand that there are fairly significant costs associated with that, and that it is still within the realm of possibility in the near future. So in the meantime, maybe we can make a few buy/sell transactions amongst ourselves that we could advertise somehow to show the marketability of Zeit in the form of a true currency, as opposed to something that we are currently only buying and selling for other currencies. I mean, if the ultimate end goal is to have Zeit be used as a currency for trading goods, then we need to start making steps in that direction now.

So what I am proposing is something that we can call our "beta phase" in this regard. We can make a few small transactions with a very basic spreadsheet to track the transactions. And these don't even have to be "at value" transactions. Meaning, say I want to sell a book that costs $6.00, I don't actually have to request $6.00 worth of Zeit. I could ask maybe only 100,000 Zeit or something like that which is far less than the actual face value of the book. I could eat the cost of shipping, which would be next to nothing anyway, myself. Lastly, in the absence of an online payment service I could use a proxy to hold the funds until the buyer receives the goods. Example, I sell the book to Ray. Ray sends the agreed upon funds to Lion (because we both trust him). Lion sends me a PM or email confirming receipt of funds. I mail the package to Ray. Ray sends Lion and me a PM or email confirming receipt of the package. Lion transfers the funds to me. I send Lion and Ray a PM or email confirming receipt of funds. Transaction complete. Spreadsheet gets updated with sender, receiver names, transaction amount, transaction ids (which doubting Thomas' can use to verify legitimacy of transaction on the blockchain) and item(s) sold.

Like I said, this is only an idea that I am proposing for discussion. Any ideas and comments are more than welcome.

Nice idea , does anyone know of some free or low price classified ad type sites that we could setup to help get this started. One that requires little maintenance on our part.
Also would like to expand on your thought Steve, and add some type of Listings for Yard Sales or Bazaars  where people will accept Zeitcoins in exchange for items or services. For them since they will be dealing with each other face to face , if they provide a wifi access or meet in a public place that provides wifi, then someone with a laptop could pay them right at the moment of exchange. Next Year after we get our android wallet , it would be even easier.

Some type of Escrow service would have to be setup for any exchanges not in person, does anyone know of any companies or individuals who currently offer this type of service?

Or any other ideas that might work in place of an escrow service?

Cool

legendary

Now 81 Litecoin buy wall on 40 at Cryptsy.

WOW.

Cool
legendary
I would like to make a proposition. I know we were in the process of standing up an eBay style online marketplace for Zeit a few months ago, but unfortunately it fell through. I understand that there are fairly significant costs associated with that, and that it is still within the realm of possibility in the near future. So in the meantime, maybe we can make a few buy/sell transactions amongst ourselves that we could advertise somehow to show the marketability of Zeit in the form of a true currency, as opposed to something that we are currently only buying and selling for other currencies. I mean, if the ultimate end goal is to have Zeit be used as a currency for trading goods, then we need to start making steps in that direction now.

So what I am proposing is something that we can call our "beta phase" in this regard. We can make a few small transactions with a very basic spreadsheet to track the transactions. And these don't even have to be "at value" transactions. Meaning, say I want to sell a book that costs $6.00, I don't actually have to request $6.00 worth of Zeit. I could ask maybe only 100,000 Zeit or something like that which is far less than the actual face value of the book. I could eat the cost of shipping, which would be next to nothing anyway, myself. Lastly, in the absence of an online payment service I could use a proxy to hold the funds until the buyer receives the goods. Example, I sell the book to Ray. Ray sends the agreed upon funds to Lion (because we both trust him). Lion sends me a PM or email confirming receipt of funds. I mail the package to Ray. Ray sends Lion and me a PM or email confirming receipt of the package. Lion transfers the funds to me. I send Lion and Ray a PM or email confirming receipt of funds. Transaction complete. Spreadsheet gets updated with sender, receiver names, transaction amount, transaction ids (which doubting Thomas' can use to verify legitimacy of transaction on the blockchain) and item(s) sold.

Like I said, this is only an idea that I am proposing for discussion. Any ideas and comments are more than welcome.
legendary

+1 ,
Well Said.

Hey Steve,

Would you consider submitting your Zeitcoin Blog articles to www.einsteinium.biz.
Being one of the original , your articles hit home very well.

Cool

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
SLOGAN

" die Zeit ist hier 'the time is here "                                submitted by Podizzle
"The time (ZEIT) is now!"                                             submitted by UKI

vote for both / also trans. into 6 more languages

"die Zeit ist hier"                                
"The time is now!"    
latin, greek, chinese, hindi, hiero, cunniform

-money ist Ziet-

short term goals

* start forming a contract between the current knights ... to hold the keys to websites, social media, and any donation or operation funds ... this segways into the ZIET corp later

* Charity Coin Association (share ideas) >> see EMC2 get associating https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9515674

* ZEIT Friendly Tourist Location Listings (that's really doing something that will generate ZIET in the future also)                                      

* ZEIT quest ... Knights and Esquires seek to find other Ziet minded friends across the web ... establish missions in foreign web territories.

* img library for promotion/info/fun ... like this ... https://i.imgur.com/9U9jGRb.png

* more blogs ... like this ... https://stevegreerblog.wordpress.com/
+plus+ twitter/FB/tumblr/etc etc
legendary
I posted another article on my blog. If anyone is interested in posting it on your social media channels to be used as free advertisement for Zeit, here is the linky dink:

https://stevegreerblog.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=10&action=edit&message=6&postpost=v2

+1 ,
Well Said.

Hey Steve,

Would you consider submitting your Zeitcoin Blog articles to www.einsteinium.biz.
Being one of the original , your articles hit home very well.

Cool
legendary
I posted another article on my blog. If anyone is interested in posting it on your social media channels to be used as free advertisement for Zeit, here is the linky dink:

https://stevegreerblog.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=10&action=edit&message=6&postpost=v2
legendary

It's dead, it was a gambling site for ZEIT and other CCs.

It should be taken off the OP then, esp since it will confuse people.

I agree. I also think the altcoinauthority link should be taken off from under the giveaways section. I'm pretty sure that giveaway has long been over with.

On an unrelated note, while I was visiting the OP I browsed through some of the first 20 or so pages of this thread, back at the beginning when Lion and I first stormed (or would that be roared?) onto the scene. Interesting times. We had more than our fair share of trolls and naysayers who were convinced that Zeit was a pump and dump scam that would be dead within weeks. There were also tons of other people posting who said they were true believers in Zeit and were in it for the long haul. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) many of them proved to be nothing more than yellow-bellied dumpers.  

Although the mission statement has seemed to veered off from what it was initially intended to be, I can safely say that this coin has weathered several storms and has kept right on truckin'. We survived the multi-pool fiasco. We survived numerous pump and dumps. We survived the original dev dropping out on us. We survived getting removed from the BTC markets on most of the exchanges where we were/are listed. We survived the CryptoRush issue. We survived the trolls. If all of that isn't a true testament of the durability of this coin and the devotion of the community still standing behind it, then I don't know what is!
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
What is http://zeit.cryptoraffles.com/ under the games section? I click the link and it looks like some far east religion site. This should be taken down I think.

It should be taken off the OP then, esp since it will confuse people.
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
What is http://zeit.cryptoraffles.com/ under the games section? I click the link and it looks like some far east religion site. This should be taken down I think.

Activity: 319
Merit: 250
legendary
AllCrypt Support (AllCrypt.com)
Nov 10 10:01
Sorry for the slow response. We're trying to repair the wallet. Something really weird happened, we have a wallet corruption, and the corruption seems to go back months and months. We're trying to extract all private keys from the raw wallet.dat file. It's a daunting task.

Yep, their wallet is corrupt, and their slow response to you did not help sort it out any faster.
We have 3 exchanges with no problems , it is not a Zeitcoin issue only an Allcrypt issue.

This next part is just my opinions,
What could have happened they ran their wallet in a hot wallet which can mine zeitcoins instead of a cold wallet which does not. It mined some zeitcoins and placed them on a bad fork when their was a short window where their systems was disconnected from the internet. Could have even still been connected to the internet but an issue with one of the big providers temporary segmented them, allowing a bad fork to be created. Their delay in responding has allowed it to become a much bigger issue for them that it should have been.
Or
They had so many network problems it alone caused the corruption.
https://twitter.com/All_Crypt

Just my 2 Zeit.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1894
just in -

Oct 21 09:25

Still working on Zeit. The wallet has a corruption that is causing it to crash repeatedly. Problem being I need to continually restart it and try and extract the addresses before it crashes. It's a process, but I'll have it bacjk up soon.

got this yesterday -

Nov 10 10:01

Sorry for the slow response. We're trying to repair the wallet. Something really weird happened, we have a wallet corruption, and the corruption seems to go back months and months. We're trying to extract all private keys from the raw wallet.dat file. It's a daunting task.

legendary
Zeit Exchange News

Current Exchanges
Cryptsy      based in US
Comkort     based in Estonia  (http://e-estonia.com/e-residents/become-e-resident/)
Lazycoins   based in UK

Plus a New Exchange will be Zeit Active by mid Jan. 2015 .
Bleutrade   based in South America

After we have added the exchange in South America , our next focus will be on the Asian Exchanges
starting with Hong Kong.

All part of Zeit becoming a Global Success.   Cheesy

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1130
No good deed goes unpunished
We really ought to get a Zeit write up on einsteinium.biz. Helps both camps. ..

hey emc2.biz  Grin we will be in touch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Free Publicity For Your Biz, Coin, Product, or Svc
FREE publicity, get it while it's still free,

for your coin,
for your product,
for your service,
for yourself!

If you have a press release about ZEITCⓞIN and want us to publish it, we will.
If you have an article about ZEITCⓞIN and you want us to publish it, we will.

If you have ZEITCⓞIN  tee shirts and want us to sell it, and want us to only accept ZEITCⓞIN for payment, we will.

If you want to have a small size banner advertising ZEITCⓞIN in our publication we could do that too.

ALL OF THE ABOVE ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!   well at least for the month of NOVEMBER -- who passes up on free publicity?
Jump to: