Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 319. (Read 1009280 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
When NET purse without the virus will be released?
Just received the following email from Vipre AV using the sunbelt engine confirming False Positive
Update your AV Definitions and it should report clean.

Thank you very much and have a great day ahead.

Best Regards,
Michelle Rillon
VIPRE Technical Support – ThreatTrack Security

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
Has anyone compiled the new wallet? https://github.com/zeitcoin/zeitcoin
If "yes", let us know - we need the binaries:
Win32
MacosX
Linux

Thanks in advice.

Cheers,
Ray
legendary
ZEITKNIGHTS
Jan 31., 2015
Become a legendary zeight (zeitknight) and help us to help others.
Registration is open for 4 weeks in February, 4 weeks in June, 4 weeks in October.

Currently there are 3 active members.
Rent-A-Ray     |   LionOfNarnia       |  Kiklo    |

Zeit-Knights
Charity            : (Donate up to 10% of their interest stake to help others and fund the Faucet)
Sword & Shield :(Provide Stability to the Zeitcoin Market Price)
ZGames          :(Commission or Partner with OnlineRolePlay Game with a working Zeit wallet)
                       (Also fund specific amount of zeit monthly to be used in Zeit Games)
                       (Also we will setup a ZEIT Game Links on the Web Site & in the Forums.)

Slogans
"Zeit : "Helping the Innocent and Innovation"                  submitted by Rent-A-Ray
“Zeitcoin: based on the Zeitgeist ethos.”                       submitted by BainbridgeJ
"The coin for the times - our time - our coin!"                 submitted by BainbridgeJ
"In Zeit We Trust"                                                      submitted by LionOfNarnia
"Out of Zeit - Out of Mind"                                           submitted by LionOfNarnia
"Zeit : "Innovation for the Innocent"                              submitted by LionOfNarnia
" die Zeit ist hier 'the time is here "                                submitted by Podizzle
"The time (ZEIT) is now!"                                             submitted by UKI
"Zeit will have its time."                                               submitted by tx42
"Give Zeit some time."                                                 submitted by tx42
"Open your eyes, and you will have Zeit!"                       submitted by Atronite
"Building a sustainable and self-sufficient community"        submitted by Atronite

Goals , Long & Short Range for Consideration
Wallets: Option to Combine Blocks, Automatically            submitted by Zels
(SplitThreshold: small # blocks not split)
Wallet Block explorer / Chatrooms / Exchange Link           submitted by Podizzle
Chat button in the qtGUI                                            submitted by Atronite
Build, or Transform an Existing City                               submitted by BitcoinNational
A Directory of Services/Items for sale using Zeitcoins       submitted by BainbridgeJ  
ZEIT Friendly Tourist Location Listings
Making The Zeitcoin Council A Legal entity                     submitted by BainbridgeJ  
Commission an Android Wallet for Zeitcoin                      submitted by kiklo
Exchange Zeit for Preloaded Gift Cards                          submitted by kiklo
Site for buying and selling 3D printing blueprints              submitted by Atronite
Merchandise shop stickers, wallpapers, Watermarks         submitted by Mitras
Charity & Crowdfunding Projects                                  submitted by Rent-A-Ray
Picture shop selling commercial pictures for Zeitcoins       submitted by Rent-A-Ray
Help Support a Charity                                               submitted by fxtronic

Submit a Slogan or express a Goal you would like completed by ZeitKnights
(Included the word Slogan in your Post so we know to add it to the list)
Submit a Unit Description & what function you think it would fill in the ZeitKnights.
Submit an idea for a Zeitcoin Game.

The ZeitKnight's End Game,
To make this World a Better Place for All who reside in it.
By making zeitcoin into a tool that can help someone next door or someone across the world.

Requirements:
All Members must have 100 million Zeitcoins as a requirement of being part of the Zeit-Knights.
Members with more than 100 million zeit may proxy any extra to someone else to be considered for entry on the Zeit-Knights. (Lion working out the Proxy regulations)

Soon to be Listed under Completed Goals
Thanks to Efforts of Rent-A-Ray
New Wallets to speed up the Zeit Wallet Load time: submitted by UKI

Cool
legendary
POW is a dying tech.
tell that Josh Garza Cool

I would but it would just Depress Him.   Cheesy

Cool

FYI:
http://www.coindesk.com/can-hobbyist-bitcoin-miners-still-make-buck/

Has already happened for the little guy.
The Industrial guys will keep POW on Life Support for a few more years.
POS is the Solution to the nightmarish resource drain of POW.
Between the electricity costs & cost to try maintain coin output (by buying new asics)
it can't survive in the long run.
Example: Would you buy a car that gets a little slower ever 2 weeks, but the cost to run it stays the same.
After ~1 year or so it no longer runs and you have to buy a new one every year.

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
legendary
@cryptonit

If you want to start your Pitch now, feel free, so the community can discuss it.
Post it so the Future Knights have time to read and think about what you want to do.
The Vote can't happen until Feb 2015, but your guys are still busy with Noble right now anyway.

If you want me to change my 1 vote, then change the parameters and make zeitcoin the underlying network that the others run on and not the other way around.
Our Network Strengths is its massive number of users which exceed all other coins.
By making us the underlying network , and the other coins run on top of us would make the most sense.
Also phasing out the POW completely would be nice, but that could be discussed, as POW is a dying tech.

Cool

thx for being open minded

u are right we will finish what we started with noblecoin first

its good to know the doors are open in zeitcoin castle

i will visit ya when the time has come to start thinking about future

legendary
@cryptonit

If you want to start your Pitch now, feel free, so the community can discuss it.
Post it so the Future Knights have time to read and think about what you want to do.
The Vote can't happen until Feb 2015, but your guys are still busy with Noble right now anyway.

If you want me to change my 1 vote, then change the parameters and make zeitcoin the underlying network that the others run on and not the other way around.
Our Network Strengths is its massive number of users which exceed all other coins.
By making us the underlying network , and the other coins run on top of us would make the most sense.
Also phasing out the POW completely would be nice, but that could be discussed, as POW is a dying tech.

Cool
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
to develop the capability to combine the amounts generated by interest mintings, as a matter of urgency. We should look at automatic combination, if that is already not a feature of the new, soon-to-be-released wallet. Automatic combination/recombination is also a step towards greater coin security.

nothing to develp there required its already existing we use it in DMD Diamond
its called group stake a mechanism thats already existing in POS but
not correct configured at most coins

learn more here
http://bit.diamonds/community/index.php/topic,46.msg376.html#msg376

as a holder of over 100 million ZEIT
but not welcome in kiklos knight of the round table

i have to give some ronin hints from time to time
to help zeitcoin  Cool

Let's Clear some stuff up , between us.
1st :
It is not my Knights, at most I will be just one of the knights on the round table, we are all equal.
You were trying to get me to make a decision that was not mine to make, and I told you , you can put it up for a vote when you became a knight if that was your intention.
IMO riding on top of the diamond network would put zeit at risk , also believe the same of the supernet & blocknet, it is nothing personal just an extra point of failure, I would just use my 1 vote against it. Keyword 1 vote. But if the other knights agreed with you, it would happen.

As far as I am concerned you are welcome here as soon to be Knight or Ronin or even just as cryptonit the most vocal supporter of Diamondcoin.   

Plus when the knights are formed , make your pitch.
Free flowing ideas are always welcome.
 Cool

Very interesting. If what cryptonit says is correct, we should make 'group stake' configuration a priority. I'm sure Ray and Fa San will be onto that! Thanks cryptonit.  Smiley
legendary
to develop the capability to combine the amounts generated by interest mintings, as a matter of urgency. We should look at automatic combination, if that is already not a feature of the new, soon-to-be-released wallet. Automatic combination/recombination is also a step towards greater coin security.

learn more here

to help zeitcoin  Cool

Let's Clear some stuff up , between us.
1st :
It is not my Knights, at most I will be just one of the knights on the round table, we are all equal.
You were trying to get me to make a decision that was not mine to make, and I told you , you can put it up for a vote when you became a knight if that was your intention.
IMO riding on top of the diamond network would put zeit at risk , also believe the same of the supernet & blocknet, it is nothing personal just an extra point of failure, I would just use my 1 vote against it. Keyword 1 vote. But if the other knights agreed with you, it would happen.

As far as I am concerned you are welcome here as soon to be Knight or Ronin or even just as cryptonit the most vocal supporter of Diamondcoin.  

Plus when the knights are formed , make your pitch.
Free flowing ideas are always welcome.

Cool
legendary

Wallet does not have a virus , some new av company using a sunbelt av engine in the US that was added to the virscan.org scan list recently has a false positive.

Notice all other AVs reported the file clean.
You can also scan it with malwarebytes also clean.

Disclaimer
NOTICE: Results are not 100% accurate and can be reported as a false positive by some scanners when and if malware is found. Please judge these results for yourself.

What Antivirus are you using and what is their contact info so I can contact them so they can correct their mistake?

FYI:
If I were you , I would switch to another AV , if they make that kind of dumb mistake, then don't expect them to be very good at antivirus protection.

Cool

Edit:
The Only Antivirus Found using Sunbelt engine was VIPRE, if that is your antivirus, then follow the below to get them to remove the False Positive in their software.

https://support.threattracksecurity.com/support/solutions/articles/1000122123-how-to-resolve-a-vipre-home-false-positive-2015-

legendary

learn more here

to help zeitcoin  Cool
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
Why does my wallet mined so little coin ? The first was sent 26-September so their age is ok.
The other over the next few days.
It seems to me that I should have more coins ...

Current rate is 25% per year (365 days)
Which Breaks down to % 0.0684931506849315 per day, and the earliest you can stake is 20 days,
20 days * 0.0684931506849315 = 1.36986301369863

So if you have 10,000 coins in a block and it stakes right at 20 days
10,000 coins*1.36986301369863% = 136.986301369863

But if that Block of 10,000 coins does not stake til the 25th day then your numbers are
25 days * 0.0684931506849315 = 1.712328767123288

10,000 coins*1.712328767123288% = 171.2328767123288

If all of your coins stake at 20 days the interest amount seems lower , but it will stake more times in the year and interest will be included in the 2nd and beyond stakes increasing the final amount.

That how it was explained to me, anyone have a different opinion chime in.

Cool

P.S.
Write down the amount that is being mined and calculate the days since received and you should be able to compare calculations with amount received.
This is a rough estimate, You would have to Calculate by Hours & Minutes to get an exact match instead of days.

might want to book mark that, sure it will become a FAQ
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
http://www.multifaucet.tk/index.php?blockexplorer=ZEIT&top_addresses=100
Synchronization:    28.36 %

Wow!! That thing is growing up to a really huge database.
I am very excited.

Cheers,
Ray
legendary
Reckon one or two of the more techy types here might like to give this a scan, see if there's anything that could be of benefit to this coin in there -

https://download.wpsoftware.net/bitcoin/pos.pdf

Not unless you wanna piss off the top 100 Zeitcoin richlist wallets.  :/

No Worries, from what I could gleem from it , was a basis for a warning that someone in the future, could somehow cut out a section of the blockchain and magically replace not only that previous section of blockchain, but also everyone's blockchain at the same time.

IMO the author does not understand a blockchain is an general ledger, and that everyone's wallet is a active & synced copy of the general ledger. It could be done to 1 PC while the wallet was offline, but the problem with his idea at best it creates a bad fork for that 1 user PC , the other millions of PCs & All Exchanges would have to be shutdown and modified at the exact same time (not ever going to happen) to even make the attempt. Plus if such a thing were possible , you would have an almost immediate butterfly effect where no one coins count was correct. Just a little fear mongering , IMO , He could have said the magic ants don't like POS coins and were going to build Anthills to Crush them, i would hold that statement with the same regard as his original statement.   LOL   Cheesy

Cool

legendary
Activity: 1610
Well hello there!
Reckon one or two of the more techy types here might like to give this a scan, see if there's anything that could be of benefit to this coin in there -

Not unless you wanna piss off the top 100 Zeitcoin richlist wallets.  :/
Activity: 938
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006
Thanks for the explanation   Wink
legendary
Why does my wallet mined so little coin ? The first was sent 26-September so their age is ok.
The other over the next few days.
It seems to me that I should have more coins ...

Current rate is 25% per year (365 days)
Which Breaks down to % 0.0684931506849315 per day, and the earliest you can stake is 20 days,
20 days * 0.0684931506849315 = 1.36986301369863

So if you have 10,000 coins in a block and it stakes right at 20 days
10,000 coins*1.36986301369863% = 136.986301369863

But if that Block of 10,000 coins does not stake til the 25th day then your numbers are
25 days * 0.0684931506849315 = 1.712328767123288

10,000 coins*1.712328767123288% = 171.2328767123288

If all of your coins stake at 20 days the interest amount seems lower , but it will stake more times in the year and interest will be included in the 2nd and beyond stakes increasing the final amount.

That how it was explained to me, anyone have a different opinion chime in.

Cool

P.S.
Write down the amount that is being mined and calculate the days since received and you should be able to compare calculations with amount received.
This is a rough estimate, You would have to Calculate by Hours & Minutes to get an exact match instead of days.
Jump to: