Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 320. (Read 1009280 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006
Why does my wallet mined so little coin ? The first was sent 26-September so their age is ok.
The other over the next few days.
It seems to me that I should have more coins ...

legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
Sorry for my current absence.
My harddisk has crashed. Waiting for a new one.

Cheers,
Ray
legendary
Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000
No good deed goes unpunished
Thanks kiklo for digging that info out about DRK. Figured as much.

Bainbridge's auto-combiner after staking period is up or blocks get too small is a great suggestion. About a couple of months ago, I reblocked some 200mil Zeit .. had a ton of small blocks and quite a few ? minted into 10mil chunks and since then seeing a lot more confirmed mints than ? ones.

Folks .. get your Zeits off Craptsy .. just way too much being gifted to exchange instead of building up stake.
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
Hey, I have a question about Zeitcoin in general.

Why was 20 days chosen for the accrual time period? Why not a daily accrual period instead? Were there particular problems with going the daily interest accrual rate?
Chainspam.

My understanding is that interest on a wallet deposit accrues all the time. Interest is minted in the wallet after the 'trigger period' has been met. In the first instance the trigger is after 20 days and subsequently 30 days after every minting related to that deposit. If you are away for longer than the trigger period, the interest still accrues until it is minted.

'Chainspam' is a reason why coins with a shorter trigger period are now having to develop the capability to combine the amounts generated by interest mintings, as a matter of urgency. We should look at automatic combination, if that is already not a feature of the new, soon-to-be-released wallet. Automatic combination/recombination is also a step towards greater coin security.
legendary
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
Hey, I have a question about Zeitcoin in general.

Why was 20 days chosen for the accrual time period? Why not a daily accrual period instead? Were there particular problems with going the daily interest accrual rate?
legendary
Activity: 1092
For Anyone downloading ZeitCoin for the 1st time and you don't want to wait for the Blockchain to download from the beginning.

Go to the Following Link to get a copy of the Zeitcoin Blockchain from Oct. 15th, 2014.

https://mega.co.nz/#!3RwX1AwY!TTqQwlRHlQuiSMvUJt9_jwlGkXoeqG0oPKSFVk1m_gw
or
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3a3l0akth7dpoeg/ZeitCoin-Blockchain.zip?dl=0

Make sure Zeitcoin is closed

Then Unpack and copy & replace the files from Zeitcoin-Blockchain into C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin

Then open Zeitcoin and it will start syncing the BlockChain from the last Monthly update instead of the start.

Cool
legendary
Not using the Alpha, using the stable release from their website 0.10...

Just makes me wonder how they pulled it off and how long till that filters down.

Darkwallet is not a normal wallet.
Normal Wallets sync with their complete blockchain.

We don't initially download headers or otherwise check the history from obelisk at this point. We blindly trust it.

This means initialization is very quick, we don't even really save previous history but at the moment just recreate it every time by downloading it again (of course this will change for the release).

It also makes a central point of failure , take out that obelisk server and you can crash their entire dark wallet network.
You will not see this in any other wallets since this type does not help generate a blockchain or help secure the coins network only hide transactions.
But to be honest if that obelisk server is ever compromised your transactions will be public viewing.

Cool
Activity: 938
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
Any use for us?

https://github.com/Swarmops/Swarmops

Swarmops is a necessary tool to enable any bitcoin-native or decentralized gamechanger.

Swarmops is an admin system for swarm-type organizations. It's a bureaucracy system for people who thoroughly dislike bureaucracy, so it removes all visibility of it and focuses on the ops aspects. It manages decentralized authority, volunteers, members, activists, budgets, mass communications, expenses, payroll, invoices, and complete financials/bookkeeping.

The goals of Swarmops are three:

Become the #1 software for organizing swarm activism to effectively change policy,
Become the #1 software to manage native-bitcoin startups' cashflow and accounting,
Become the #1 software to run civil liberties resistances in repressive regimes.
Goal #1, organizing swarm activism: the Swedish Pirate Party used a predecessor to Swarmops in its effort to put two representatives in the European Parliament, and could literally not have succeeded without the ability to decentralize authority that Swarmops provided, pushing all the crucial decision-making out to the edges of the organization where the most information was available. It's an administration tool for people who hate paperwork, so it's built to optimize the time available to activism.

Goal #2, the primary back-end software for bitcoin-native unbanked startups: Swarmops does bookkeeping and accounting on fully automatic. Today, there are no services or packages for bitcoin-native and unbanked organizations – for startups which are unbanked by choice. Swarmops seeks to fill that role and provide automatic accounting and cashflow management for such organizations, maintaining hot and cold wallets along with automated invoice and payroll processing. (Imagine invoices being paid on fully automatic, and not needing a €100,000 software package and a fifteen-page bank contract to do so.) There is a huge void to fill here, and Swarmops fills this role in addition to all other back-end management.

Goal #3, functional software to assist civil liberties resistances in repressive regimes: With the swarm functions and the bitcoin-native cash flow in place, a “hidden branch” of organizations can be enabled, where nobody knows the identities of other people in the organization's “hidden branch” swarm except those closest to that individual, but where everybody is still working toward a common goal. Recruiting would take place face-to-face using mobile phones and BitID, and code names would be used for all other purposes. In this way, Swarmops enables large-scale change while able to protect the individuals involved in making that change come about. Lack of information even at the central level provides deniability against rubberhose attacks.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
100 million and the counsel starts 2015
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
Start your Own Cryptocurrency Exchange
How much to get onto the Zeit coin council or is that offer over already?
legendary
Every Speedup is a loss of security.  Cheesy
legendary
Not using the Alpha, using the stable release from their website 0.10...

Just makes me wonder how they pulled it off and how long till that filters down.
legendary
Hey Hey folks ..

Ray and everyone who makes wallets really ought to check out new DRK wallet. Haven't used it in about 4 weeks, now mining it again and it synced in seconds .. like it's pre-synced .. never seen anything like this.

I hope you are not talking about their latest version.
This is from their web site.

Remember: this is only a alpha preview. Do not expect stable software yet. Right now it is only available for Chrome/Chromium browsers.

IMPORTANT The wallet is Not Stable or Safe, and at this point you should use it with real money only at Your Own Risk.

Cool

FYI:
The Price for that speed may be lost coins or an inaccurate ledger.
legendary
Hey Hey folks ..

Ray and everyone who makes wallets really ought to check out new DRK wallet. Haven't used it in about 4 weeks, now mining it again and it synced in seconds .. like it's pre-synced .. never seen anything like this.

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

It looks like the zeit client has some minor stability issues that should be resolved.

My client just got stuck and I had to restart it to get back on the longest chain. That really shouldn't happen with a stable coin and needs to be fixed. In reality, it looks like I was on a fork, which means there are clients in the wild that are serving bad chains.

It may seem like a minor inconvenience, but if zeit is to have a log life, then these types of issues should not persist.

Some Zeit Users never updated their original wallets.
Rent_a_Ray is working on a new wallet with updated checkpoints, that may resolve it.
If not we can look at it in 2015. In the short term leaving your wallet on 24x7 and it has no issues.

Cool

I've just synced up two of my Zeitcoin wallets. Absolutely no problems. I'm using Version 2.0.1, the version that Ray and Fa San worked on and released a few months ago. Lots of factors can affect a wallet syncing. Resource hungry programs running on in the background, ISPs resetting the connection etc. Sometimes people can be too quick to blame the wallet.
legendary

It looks like the zeit client has some minor stability issues that should be resolved.

My client just got stuck and I had to restart it to get back on the longest chain. That really shouldn't happen with a stable coin and needs to be fixed. In reality, it looks like I was on a fork, which means there are clients in the wild that are serving bad chains.

It may seem like a minor inconvenience, but if zeit is to have a log life, then these types of issues should not persist.

Some Zeit Users never updated their original wallets.
Rent_a_Ray is working on a new wallet with updated checkpoints, that may resolve it.
If not we can look at it in 2015. In the short term leaving your wallet on 24x7 and it has no issues.

Cool
Activity: 742
Merit: 500

legendary
In the Cool Zeit News
The Guy running the block explorer added sync info , so we will know when the new features are active.

Currency:    ZEIT [Zeitcoin]
Wallet:    v2.0.1.2
Current block:    807946
Synchronization:    12.20 %
Block date:    2014-10-31 15:39:04
Block age:    107 sec.
Difficulty:    0.00288034
Network H/s:    unknown
Connections:    51

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

IMO the roots of evil are the following.
    luxuria (lechery/lust)
    gula (gluttony)
    avaritia (avarice/greed)
    acedia (sloth/discouragement)
    ira (wrath)
    invidia (envy)
    superbia (pride)

+1, this: deprivation.
 +1 all else you said too
Jump to: