Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 321. (Read 1009280 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

So I think zeitcoin's priority should be SuperNet, creating a wallet that can access the tech that it will bring to the coin community, gaining access to anon tech as well as a plethora of technologies for many tasks, all intended for the purpose of doing what I am suggesting, making it easy.

I'm not sure if SuperNET or Blocknet is the right place for ZEIT.
Maybe it is, but at the moment I'm looking skeptical to it.

Agreed,
Currently zeitcoin can run independently , by going with supernet we become dependent on them, and their problems immediately become our problems. We are one of the few coins that have not crashed for weeks at a time , and required a hard fork every few months to get us going again.
If we were willing to give up our independence for ease, then we would have accepted Diamond coin offer to run on their network a few months ago.
We are going to drive our own destiny not just be a passenger on the supernet bus.

Cool

FYI:
Supernet is unifying the nodes of every coins into one core that joins them.
These other coins need that to survive due either to their low amount of coins or their lack of active network connections to secure their networks.
Zeitcoin Strengths are it large amount of coins & it massive network connections , so joining the supernet would only add a point of failure to our network nothing useful. We have no use for Anon.
Anon is just a way of cowering from the current system, what we do will be in Full View.

If you lot really want to do good in the world then playing around with virtual money is not the way to go because beneath all the BS it is a big part of the reason why the world has so many problems, money is the root of all evil don't ever doubt that.
Old saying, but untrue Money is no more evil than a Hammer is evil, both are tools that reflect the intent of the owner. Money used to buy food to keep a child from starving is not evil.
I would agree Greed is one of the roots of evil and causes money to be used for evil purposes.
That is why the ZeitKnights will freely give away some of their interest every month so it can be used for good by the people that need it.

IMO the roots of evil are the following.
    luxuria (lechery/lust)
    gula (gluttony)
    avaritia (avarice/greed)
    acedia (sloth/discouragement)
    ira (wrath)
    invidia (envy)
    superbia (pride)
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036

So I think zeitcoin's priority should be SuperNet, creating a wallet that can access the tech that it will bring to the coin community, gaining access to anon tech as well as a plethora of technologies for many tasks, all intended for the purpose of doing what I am suggesting, making it easy.

I'm not sure if SuperNET or Blocknet is the right place for ZEIT.
Maybe it is, but at the moment I'm looking skeptical to it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

All great adventures do but start with a single step.

My own opinion is ZiteKnights is a really awful name, especially since real knights where just the henchmen of the crown, bullies and thugs protecting the right of rule over weaker beings.

Sorry this is not meant to be a personal attack just my personal opinion.  

LOL ,
Glad you did not have anything mean to say.
Our Knights name are based on the ones from the Round Table, not the ones just serving their rulers.

If we saw it the way you did , we would have chosen a different name.
But it can be voted on later, if a lot of the members don't like it.

Plus any name follow thru history changes based on recent history.
A Geek was originally a Man of Great Strength, then later a circus act of a guy biting the head off of a live chicken , then someone odd or different from the normal, then later Geek became someone who had technical skills.

My strongest memory is of the circus guy which is why I never refer to myself as a geek and dislike the term, but others actually like the term, and I don't complain when they call themselves by it because I know they view the term with a different meaning.

The ZeitKnights will redefine the name Knights for their generation, not the other way around.

Cool

No I am not trying to be mean just honest.

Yes I do understand that language is a living thing that grows and changes over time, I am also familiar with Knights of the round table, legends distorted to suit others privilege, in fact I live in the area where those legends actually come from but also contested by some. I also realized that was what was the true intention, knights of the round table, I was once a member of the knights of the occasional table, ha, which was very apt because we only met on occasion.

Zeit as far as I can tell but not being German, means time, which is very fitting in relation to digital currency because it is of our time, so you could go for time lords and use another fantacy because that is what legends are, stories with only the slightest of evidence if any at all. Zeit cron as in software utility, cron job which is as far as I can tell is a computer term for a repeated timed task/command on a server, which is not from any fantasy with no connection to negative governance but still a rule but not a ruler, I think.

I really like the word cron it fires my imagination and is quite fitting in it's true meaning a timed job facilitator.   

Anyway I own a few zeit coins and I am interested in them gaining more value and if the western culture is programing people to expect everything done for them, easy, then the way forward is to make it so, I see no point in trying to change anything but adopt what is already presently working.

A coin of plenty can more easily reach plenty and it's all just a numbers game anyway really, Zeitcoin has a lot of positive advantages over other coins, especially POW coins in the long run.

Virtually no overheads, very little power consumption, abundance, interest, accessibility, low value and people willing to work it, plus nobody is going to expect a coin like Zeit to be anywhere near SuperNet but then again who am I, what do I know, I can only just get my Nxt wallet working.

Just perhaps food for thought.

If you lot really want to do good in the world then playing around with virtual money is not the way to go because beneath all the BS it is a big part of the reason why the world has so many problems, money is the root of all evil don't ever doubt that.

People will do anything imaginable for it and fact is stranger than fiction. 
legendary

My own opinion is ZiteKnights is a really awful name, especially since real knights where just the henchmen of the crown, bullies and thugs protecting the right of rule over weaker beings.

LOL ,
Glad you did not have anything mean to say.
Our Knights name are based on the ones from the Round Table, not the ones just serving their rulers.

If we saw it the way you did , we would have chosen a different name.
But it can be voted on later, if a lot of the members don't like it.

Plus any name follow thru history changes based on recent history.
A Geek was originally a Man of Great Strength, then later a circus act of a guy biting the head off of a live chicken , then someone odd or different from the normal, then later Geek became someone who had technical skills.

My strongest memory is of the circus guy which is why I never refer to myself as a geek and dislike the term, but others actually like the term, and I don't complain when they call themselves by it because I know they view the term with a different meaning.

The ZeitKnights will redefine the name Knights for their generation, not the other way around.

Cool
Only 32 votes?

LOL ,

No Worries,
All WildFires start with a Spark.   Cheesy

Cool

P.S.
It always funny the younger generation expects everything to already be setup and running before they start.
We are Building the Knights from the ground up, and then the Knights will make Zeitcoin into what we all need it to be.  It will take Time and it will last.

32 votes is better than none and I see many votes with less, even when the subject has a large following, so yes no worries.

I don't think it's funny that the  younger generation expects everything to already be setup and running before they start or even just the younger generation.
I think Western culture is actually programing people to be that way, question nothing, consume everything and move on to consume more.
Dumb the fookers down so they can be ruled more easily.
Same outcome different rulers.

BRAIN DEAD FAME HOUNDS
CLOGGING UP MY TELEVISION
INBRED AND INCESTUOUS
AND THATS JUST THE POLITICIANS
SO DONT GET UP
IM JUST PASSING THROUGH
JUST WASTING TIME
HERE ON THE PLANET DOOM

BANK SLAVES WAR WHORES
ALL THE MONEY'S GONE
A QUICK AND EASY ANSWER IS
TO BUILT ANOTHER BOMB
SO DONT GET UP
IM JUST PASSING THROUGH
JUST WASTING TIME
HERE ON THE PLANET DOOM

WAR MONGER FEAR LEADERS
FILLING ME WITH TERROR
MORE NINJA SMOKE BOMBS
TO COVER UP THE ERROR
SO DONT GET UP
IM JUST PASSING THROUGH
JUST WASTING TIME
HERE ON THE PLANET DOOM

The MasterBakers 2014
legendary
Limited Stamp Collection: Deutsche Post

legendary
Only 32 votes?

LOL ,

No Worries,
All WildFires start with a Spark.   Cheesy

Cool

P.S.
It always funny the younger generation expects everything to already be setup and running before they start.
We are Building the Knights from the ground up, and then the Knights will make Zeitcoin into what we all need it to be.  It will take Time and it will last.

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Let's build this Z-CORE together.

http://www.image-load.net/users/public/images/ZkKeXfMhAD.png
---------------------------------------------
* Helping the Helpless
* A Voice for the Voiceless
* Protection for the Defenceless
* Comforting the Disturbed & Disturbing the Comfortable
* (PLACEHOLDER)
* (PLACEHOLDER)
* (PLACEHOLDER)
* (PLACEHOLDER)
* (PLACEHOLDER)
* (PLACEHOLDER)

for a "Resource Bank for Humanity"

here an example of what i meand http://www.bancodebosques.org/?lang=en Cheesy
Activity: 319
Activity: 588
Merit: 510
Activity: 336
To get you started download the following and copy it over your peers file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0vkd42840abcfi/Zeitcoin-Peers.zip?dl=0

Thanks, there were some working nodes in your list..

Code:
addnode=108.48.45.14
addnode=109.88.216.46
addnode=144.76.79.18
addnode=5.39.90.17
addnode=72.208.23.155
addnode=81.224.140.225
legendary
And no nodes found on startup.

To get you started download the following and copy it over your peers file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0vkd42840abcfi/Zeitcoin-Peers.zip?dl=0

Cool
legendary
Latest version v2.0.1.3 fails to start, "Error loading blkindex.dat".  Same with your latest blockchain zip.
x86_64 Linux.

Source is not marked as release.
2.0.1.3 Chain is not compatible with the old one.
If you need the new chain, you can PM me.

Cheers,
Ray

We will have peace when the love of power is over come by the power of love.
Activity: 336
Latest version v2.0.1.3 fails to start, "Error loading blkindex.dat".  Same with your latest blockchain zip.
x86_64 Linux.

legendary
Let's build this Z-CORE together.

* Helping the Helpless
* A Voice for the Voiceless
* Protection for the Defenceless
* Comforting the Disturbed & Disturbing the Comfortable
* (PLACEHOLDER)
* (PLACEHOLDER)
* (PLACEHOLDER)
* (PLACEHOLDER)
* (PLACEHOLDER)
* (PLACEHOLDER)
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
Open your eyes, and you will have Zeit!
I have a question, 273mil v's 53.000, the stated purpose of POS is to secure the network, does a computer with a wallet containing 273mil coins secure the network any more or any better than one with a wallet containing 53,000?

Dose that large amount of coins make the network any more secure?

Does it cost more to run a computer with 273mil coins on it?  
Thanks

I will take a stab at this although others may have a different opinion.
It Depends on how many blocks they are divided into.

If one user has 273 million coins split into only 7 blocks of 39 million each
and another user has 53,000 split up into 100 blocks of 530 each.

I would say the user with 100 blocks of 530 coins,  PC was working more to secure the network due to the fact it is trying to add 100 new POS blocks every 20 days verses only 7 new POS blocks every 20 days.
This would also explain why users who have over 900 blocks CPU usage is so much higher that if they only had a 100, it is working harder to secure the network due to the extra # of blocks.
Now the Higher the Amount in the block the faster it normally stakes, but once it stakes , it is done until the next cycle, so my bet would be on number of blocks over amount for the more effective securing of the network. But would keep it below 200 to avoid high cpu usage.

Cool

FYI:
It would use more electricity if you had more blocks running, but it is doubtful you would notice any difference in the electric bill over it. But if you have a APC UPS connect the usb cable to your PC, and install their powerchute software it lets you monitor how much electricity your PC draws .
You can check how many watts it draws when Zeitcoin is running ,then close Zeitcoin and compare wattage. Your model power supply and hard drives probably make a bigger difference to your electricity usage than the software running.
But if you just want to go OCD on PC Power Consumption check out the below.
http://www.techradar.com/us/news/computing/pc/the-ultimate-guide-to-reducing-your-pc-s-power-consumption-661978
And if you go OCD on LightBulbs
http://www.designrecycleinc.com/led%20comp%20chart.html

Obsessive compulsive disorder = OCD

Thank you for answering this question it has been helpful.

First it explains what I thought, that is really the amount of coins a person has does not make a great deal of difference as far as securing the network is concerned or take up a great amount of electricity.

Second, because of what you have said, I have sorted out my wallets combining thousands of coins into new blocks and it's helping my computer work a lot better, thanks again for that.

legendary
I have a question, 273mil v's 53.000, the stated purpose of POS is to secure the network, does a computer with a wallet containing 273mil coins secure the network any more or any better than one with a wallet containing 53,000?

Dose that large amount of coins make the network any more secure?

Does it cost more to run a computer with 273mil coins on it?  
Thanks

I will take a stab at this although others may have a different opinion.
It Depends on how many blocks they are divided into.

If one user has 273 million coins split into only 7 blocks of 39 million each
and another user has 53,000 split up into 100 blocks of 530 each.

I would say the user with 100 blocks of 530 coins,  PC was working more to secure the network due to the fact it is trying to add 100 new POS blocks every 20 days verses only 7 new POS blocks every 20 days.
This would also explain why users who have over 900 blocks CPU usage is so much higher that if they only had a 100, it is working harder to secure the network due to the extra # of blocks.
Now the Higher the Amount in the block the faster it normally stakes, but once it stakes , it is done until the next cycle, so my bet would be on number of blocks over amount for the more effective securing of the network. But would keep it below 200 to avoid high cpu usage.

Cool

FYI:
It would use more electricity if you had more blocks running, but it is doubtful you would notice any difference in the electric bill over it. But if you have a APC UPS connect the usb cable to your PC, and install their powerchute software it lets you monitor how much electricity your PC draws .
You can check how many watts it draws when Zeitcoin is running ,then close Zeitcoin and compare wattage. Your model power supply and hard drives probably make a bigger difference to your electricity usage than the software running.
But if you just want to go OCD on PC Power Consumption check out the below.
http://www.techradar.com/us/news/computing/pc/the-ultimate-guide-to-reducing-your-pc-s-power-consumption-661978
And if you go OCD on LightBulbs
http://www.designrecycleinc.com/led%20comp%20chart.html

Obsessive compulsive disorder = OCD
legendary
So then how are we different from other proof-of-stake coins? Darkcoin actually has a USD exchange rate, and blackcoin is POS just like us (but only 1% interest, so less inflationary than Zeits). Zeitcoin itself has to be substantially more innovative and offer something more unique than it currently does. Heck, it doesn't even have to be unique itself, it can simply take all the best (useful) features of other coins and integrate them. And then evolve as new innovations to crypto currency take root. So if Darkcoin makes improvements to its privacy mechanism, then we would update along with them.  
The other proof of stake coins either don't have enough coins or their interest rate is so low , it will not provide enough interest for what will be needed. Their are only 2 coins that can pull this off.
One is Zeitcoin , the other is Mintcoin, Due to certain factors like current prices and Zeit having a 5% higher rate of return for the next few years, plus the network connections on Zeit are sometimes in the 20 & 30s which shows a larger user base, Have never seen Mint over 12. Also Mintcoin main focus is only trying to be a valuable currency, the Zeitcoin Goals are much more ambitious and in line with it's community of changing the world for the better.
Mint is mainly looking to make a profit and will be content to be in the top 10 coins.
Zeit is trying to reach out & pull down a Star to Save this world from Future Darkness.
#1 coin is the only way to make this happen.
In Time it will be , because it strives to be, and the people of the world need it to be.

You don't say. Do you have any resources I can read to further educate myself about this? This is good to know.
Google Search
Doctors received kickbacks for prescribing drugs
Corporate control of governments thru lobbying

Thanks for the above info, we will have the Knights look over this one in 2015.
If they could include a working zeit wallet for each player in the game, it would be a great start.

Other things to add to the bucket list of goals:
Adopt a privacy algorithm like Darkcoin to implement into Zeitcoin so that they are more anonymous and harder to trace.
The stealth addresses bring up some possible future legal issues, that would be more trouble than its worth. Plus how can you have an accurate block explorer if you are hiding sending or receiving addresses, is beyond me. Seems to me if you want true stealth , just trade the devices that the coin wallet resides on instead of the coins themselves.

Cool
Jump to: