Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 463. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 513
This coin's inflation rate recently fell by over 78k coins/block to 1/block. Oddly it's not until after that event that the coin dumps really got rolling. I know because I've accumulated more than 1% of the total money supply since that time merely by erecting low ball bid walls on cryptsy. It seems odd that there should be so much dumping on a coin with a healthy 25% stake rate and such a tiny block reward, but at any rate these dumpers will run out of coins to dump and the price will stabilize. The maths for indefinite dumping do not work with a 1 coin block reward and such a low price. I'm standing pat while these guys punch themselves out.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Have a ZEIT, have a kitkat.
OFFICIAL WORD ABOUT ZEITCOIN (WALLET) & THE HEARTBLEED BUG

As far as we can be certain, there are NO issues with the default wallet -

(as is the case with most other alt-coins)

The problem is with the (system installed) SSL library, so if you update your system you should be safe from HeartBleed.

You SHOULD have version 1.0.1g of the SSL library after the update.

If you find the installed file is called libssl.so.1.0.0 you may need to check the package manager of your O.S./distro.

You could of course use a custom build of openssl-1.0.1g & link against that library, especially those using any versions of the Linux OS.

I repeat - this is NO specific issue with the default Zeit wallet that needs fixed or patched or anything else. Just practice good general computer security & there's nothing to worry about.

Thanks to the technical team at the community forum for this information Grin

+1 Wink

I can not say for sure if it only needs an updated system since there may be binary distributions that use a prepackaged ssl library. But that would surprise me since the library exists on almost any system and in general would be bad practice.

Probably winevirus can say something definitive about this.

In any case the network size of ZEIT is still roughly the same. Down to 250 of the usual 320 on average.

Even if your system is vulnerable. The coin core protocol is not affected. Opening wallets, sending/receiving coins is no problem. Your browser however may be a risk for your whole computer.

http://heartbleed.com/
Activity: 70
JUST TO LET YOU ALL KNOW...

... what our forum members already should know:-

Zeitcoin & Winevirus have already began to investigate the issue & take action.

A public statement/updates will be made ONLY when they are absolutely certain that the code is 'sanity-checked'.

Please concentrate on what YOU can do, leave the tech-stuff to the experts Smiley

Thanks for the good news
I decided to wait until after the solution
Began to buy
Anyone else following the Zeitcoin twitter looks like we have some whales ready to do a pump on cryptsy could be good lets all support him.

This is not a good thing?
We all hope so
The gas zeitcoin

Smiley Smiley
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
OFFICIAL WORD ABOUT ZEITCOIN (WALLET) & THE HEARTBLEED BUG

As far as we can be certain, there are NO issues with the default wallet -

(as is the case with most other alt-coins)

The problem is with the (system installed) SSL library, so if you update your system you should be safe from HeartBleed.

You SHOULD have version 1.0.1g of the SSL library after the update.

If you find the installed file is called libssl.so.1.0.0 you may need to check the package manager of your O.S./distro.

You could of course use a custom build of openssl-1.0.1g & link against that library, especially those using any versions of the Linux OS.

I repeat - these is NO specific issue with the default Zeit wallet that needs fixed or patched or anything else. Just practice good general computer security & there's nothing to worry about.

Thanks to the technical team at the community forum for this information Grin
Any plans on making a Zeitcoin Multipool? It seems to be the in thing Cheesy

It would also eat up all those sell walls and make the coin actually worth something, After it hits 1 Zeit per block no one will mine anymore, why will they when they can just buy at 2 - 3 sat (or not since it's not worth holding right now).

Mulitpools have been mentioned about a dozen times in the last 100 pages. The general thinking is they help destroy smaller coins so if you want one, build it, if you can't build it, find someone who can. Some of us who have been very active on this thread and are now very active on the Zeit forums (link in my sig) don't think a mulitpool is a good idea. If you want Zeit, buy it and POS it.

Great coin
Worthy of more people to have
It believed its future
Activity: 332
Merit: 250
big sell wall at 1685 satoshis!  Cheesy

sadly the wall at 3 will never disappear. I think I may be getting rid of my Zeit today, just don't see it ever going anywhere. :/
Great! I love all those positive minds... Relax, if it doesn't happen today it will tomorrow or next week. Zeit is manipulated, and that can only mean two things - someone wants this coin off the market - someone wants to make a huge profit. The latter is more likely.

it's not a matter of being positive or negative. this is about making/losing money Tongue In what way is it being manipulated bro, all I can see is a 20 BTC wall that nobody wants to, or even can break - is it one person, or multiple people, we don't know. If one, then yeah this is being manipulated, it multiple, maybe not so much. If that wall at 2 goes, it'll be back within 24 hours I'm sure of it.

edit: I mined from launch believing that this coin would be involved in some way to the Zeitgeist Movement - pretty sure that didn't happen, does this coin have anything else going for it? :/ I can hold a little while longer but if it doesn't move, what's the point?

I agree completely about the involvement, but there are a dozen coins out there with less involvement and at least some price movement. I've scraped a quarter billion Zeit together in the past weeks and just gona sit and wait to see what happens. If it doesn't move, I'll wait. If it rises, I'll wait till it drops and if it starts to shows severe signs of fatigue I get the hell outoff here. So for the moment that 3 sat wall doesn't bother me.

{you know what really annoys me is editing the header every time beause it's over 80 chars} Roll Eyes
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
big sell wall at 1685 satoshis!  Cheesy

sadly the wall at 3 will never disappear. I think I may be getting rid of my Zeit today, just don't see it ever going anywhere. :/
Great! I love all those positive minds... Relax, if it doesn't happen today it will tomorrow or next week. Zeit is manipulated, and that can only mean two things - someone wants this coin off the market - someone wants to make a huge profit. The latter is more likely.

it's not a matter of being positive or negative. this is about making/losing money Tongue In what way is it being manipulated bro, all I can see is a 20 BTC wall that nobody wants to, or even can break - is it one person, or multiple people, we don't know. If one, then yeah this is being manipulated, it multiple, maybe not so much. If that wall at 2 goes, it'll be back within 24 hours I'm sure of it.

edit: I mined from launch believing that this coin would be involved in some way to the Zeitgeist Movement - pretty sure that didn't happen, does this coin have anything else going for it? :/ I can hold a little while longer but if it doesn't move, what's the point?
big sell wall at 1685 satoshis!  Cheesy

Huh are we talking about the same coin...
Activity: 535
Merit: 500
Activity: 535
Any update on the heartbleed bug fix for the wallet?

Said they were looking into it a couple pages back. There may be more info on their progress at the zeitcoin forums. I haven't checked there for updates yet.

its relatively safe for coin wallets. if youre feeling paranoid just keep the wallet off for a week
Activity: 966
Merit: 513

Said they were looking into it a couple pages back. There may be more info on their progress at the zeitcoin forums. I haven't checked there for updates yet.
Activity: 168
Activity: 434
A multipool soon i think it will start
Many people in here want a quick up of the price for our coin and is obvious why.Dump the coins.Ok you don`t have faith for the coin why don`t you sell them and leave us to do what`s the best for coin????This coin needs support and the dev crew and supporters do whatever they can to make Zeitcoin a great coin.

Right because doing nothing (planning pumps, starting multipool etc) and letting the coin drop to 1sat or even remove the 1sat buy wall will really let the coin flourish  Roll Eyes
Activity: 434
Many people in here want a quick up of the price for our coin and is obvious why.Dump the coins.Ok you don`t have faith for the coin why don`t you sell them and leave us to do what`s the best for coin????This coin needs support and the dev crew and supporters do whatever they can to make Zeitcoin a great coin.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Anyone else following the Zeitcoin twitter looks like we have some whales ready to do a pump on cryptsy could be good lets all support him.
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
There are some coins trying to 'change the world' right now such as Auroracoin, Mazacoin... The concept of these coins is either taking banks (like the Iceland Central bank) or institutions (like the US Federal govt) head on... But Zeitcoin on the other hand, just seems like a fanclub for people that watched the movies. More than a superficial link to something such as the Venus Project would help as well.

As it is I don't see a reason to support this coin. And I have edited together a version of the Zeitgeist films (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL38F982A25DC690C0) and promoted it both on my channel and on a website I used to run so it's not as though I haven't done anything for this Zeitgeist 'movement'. If I'm missing something then by all means fill me in.

You could say the same about nearly any crypto. Is litecoin changing the world? I don't see how, it's not even asic resistant anymore, yet it has the second highest market cap. You specifically mentioned Auroracoin, but many see that coin and it's 50% premine as a dubious proposition at best. The coins are going to be airdropped to the little people of Iceland? Really? Seems like it could do a great deal more harm than good if the original plan isn't seen through. Mazacoin is permanently inflationary and it's value is on a steady decline. Sure any of these could change the world, but it seems unlikely. I don't see that they have any greater chance to do so than Zeitcoin.

I can't speak for others, but I like Zeitcoin's specifications. I like the hybrid pow/pos distribution model and the potential energy savings they represent and yes I like the Zeitgeist inspired theme as well.

But that's all it is though, a 'theme'. If you support the message of the Zeitgeist films, then you should support coins that actually pose a threat to the powers that be. Auroracoin is taking a unique approach to eventually replacing a nation's fiat currency. The nation in question is well targeted, given their problems in the past with banks and with restrictive controls on their money movements. Likewise for Mazacoin there is a message with the coin that the sovereignty of Native tribes reservations has not been respected and the currency is a step forward for their independence. Zeitcoin has nothing but a superficial attachment to the thing it is supposed to represent, so anyone that thinks holding ZEIT is some kind of political statement is just fooling themselves.

zeitcoin is 1 month old and you want it to bring down the powers already? have a little patience.

No, I want to see why it matters at all.. I'm posting here in case someone with an interest in activism is motivated to get behind another coin, or else tell me what Zeitcoin's goals are because it isn't obvious to me.
Jump to: