Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 583. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Volume is crashing, in the gutter.  2.675btc 24hr on mintpal.  Need to get some stuff happening.

It's going down coz fewer people are auto-selling a 1 sat.

I'm getting as much BTC together as I can & buying a few @ 2 sats, just praying it stays that low until all my funds can be maneuvered into position.

It's a time of great opportunity for those dedicated to the long-term future of this coin Cheesy

Yes, this is true.

Once the proof-of-work stage is over, it will be time to go back to multipools (or a new coin) and either add to zeit or what have you. Just keep buying.

AT MINIMUM, after ALL COINS ARE MINED, this coin will always have a minimum market cap of $623,700-$1,247,400 (99B zeit, 1 sat buy, 2 sat sell). After first year, only 37% of zeit will be mined compared to 57% doge mined so far. Plus we are PoS, so no more mining.

Also, the DEV appears to genuinely believe in this coin and is not short-term profit motivated (we hope).

Anyways, I want this coin to stay at 1 SAT for the next 4 WEEKS, means fewer miners and more coin for me to mine! Cheesy

I'm not quite sure you understand market cap if you think that's the case. Just because 1 satoshi is the minimum physical purchase price does not mean the value can't drop below it. If the 1 sat buy wall goes there will only be sells and trading sites will be forced to make a different trading pair to reflect the true value and hence lower than 1 sat.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Yea man.
I'm quite sure there's work going on to devise a decentralised exchange. It really is the missing link.

Even excluding fiat, neither Poloniex, CoinEx or CR traded to fiat at all. The coins they trade though do have value and need to be traded with other currencies, hence the popularity and therefore weakness, of exchanges.

I have no idea how the hell it's going to work.. I have little understanding of the fundamentals of how crypto's work in general, but there are (hopefully) a sufficient number of folks who DO know that stuff and are working on it.

trying to crack that code, the problem is with trade execution and order matching

my current  conceptual solution is to do trade execution in fragments, like a bell curve

your own node is responsible for signing valid trades relevant to its listed orders and rules.

we can use a blockchain for order listing and order commands are transactions, miners do the order matching

your node must be online to catch the block with a tx containing one of your orders and fulfill it in time before the miners reassign the order based on lowest timeout block count set by orders.

blocktime of 1 minute should do

we would need something centralized for id and trust systems
you could optionally have your orders matched only with users that have a valid issued ID and trust level or do it on the your node side as a rule for trade execution

How do wallets of differing currencies check everything though, especially with varying block times and such?

a module for every type of trade needs to be made and optional to each node, miners need all the modules for verification
orders specify the address to be used to receive, nodes must use those addresses when doing trade execution so miners can validate all fragment trades have been completed.
trade execution happens directly between peers and not by the miners, and orders would be unlisted if no problem happens during trade after set timeout
if a problem does occur and someone doesn't fulfill a fragment of their trade, the scammed counter-party sends a transaction notifying the miners, they can check that the counter-party did not send the fragment and update the trust level of the counter-party.
orders dont need to be fully consumed by a trade, miners are aware of what fraction of an order has been assigned a match.

i feel the need to make my own wallet software that would support easy implementation of any/multiple protocols to act as a multi-coin wallet and offer the chain services for all implemented coin blockchains, so nodes and miners can do validation, or atleast have the same server that assigns ID offer an API to query any coin, since having a wallet with all the blockchains supported by the distributed exchange would be very expensive on the storage space and bandwidth.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
anyone else update their doge wallet and been waiting ages for it to sync?
Activity: 319
Volume is crashing, in the gutter.  2.675btc 24hr on mintpal.  Need to get some stuff happening.

I'm getting as much BTC together as I can & buying a few @ 2 sats, just praying it stays that low until all my funds can be maneuvered into position.

It's a time of great opportunity for those dedicated to the long-term future of this coin Cheesy

Yes, this is true.

Once the proof-of-work stage is over, it will be time to go back to multipools (or a new coin) and either add to zeit or what have you. Just keep buying.

AT MINIMUM, after ALL COINS ARE MINED, this coin will always have a minimum market cap of $623,700-$1,247,400 (99B zeit, 1 sat buy, 2 sat sell). After first year, only 37% of zeit will be mined compared to 57% doge mined so far. Plus we are PoS, so no more mining.

Also, the DEV appears to genuinely believe in this coin and is not short-term profit motivated (we hope).

Anyways, I want this coin to stay at 1 SAT for the next 4 WEEKS, means fewer miners and more coin for me to mine! Cheesy
Activity: 319
decentralised exchange, I heard of that, but now that I thinking it through, this could actually be the solution. Using a tx log like a single cryptocoin but then possible for multiple coins. Decentralised computers over the world supporting an exchange and receive change fees. And then still some ingenieus solution on fiat money. We only need again one satoshi nakamoto to work it out :-)

Indeed we do. I think this is a fantastic way for someone to make a lot of money, esp if there are built in fees that primarily benefit the software developer (gives him an incentive to keep improving the software).
I'd feel sympathetic for the people invested in ZEIT, except that when you guys won, you were total dicks to the people over at Emoticoin.

not all! dont generalise, makes a fool of you and us.
Activity: 70
Could we do our own mini series of Zeitgeist films ......

My idea anyway, gets everyone involved as we'd need:

A Script (everyone can put some effort into this)
Links to source data
Graphics / Video
Editing
Voice &/or face
Other stuff I can't think of because I've never been involved in making a proper video.

That's a fairly decent idea Cheesy

I had a few years in the TV production industry in London, admittedly over 2 decades ago, but I'd be willing to pitch in on this if it comes together.

I'm no good at video editing but maybe i can help out a little on graphics or with a german translation.

I could help out with some sound production or music.
But you could easily drop in a royalty-free background track i guess these days :/

we really need a place to discuss these and future projects.
Activity: 93
Have a ZEIT, have a kitkat.

Links to source data
Graphics / Video
Editing
Voice &/or face
Other stuff I can't think of because I've never been involved in making a proper video.

I had a few years in the TV production industry in London, admittedly over 2 decades ago, but I'd be willing to pitch in on this if it comes together.

I'm no good at video editing but maybe i can help out a little on graphics or with a german translation.

Stop it. You lost me about 6 hours of my life yesterday from the link you left on Antonopolous
You're a bad man who takes peoples lives and I bet me telling you this is making you smile as well. That's how evil you are!

smile? Cheesy you kidding me? *rofl*  Grin

But yeah this is also what ZEIT is about. Empowering people, transferring knowledge and of course stealing other peoples zeit, ehrm time!

I came here to find out why yall love this coin so much.
I'm pretty bullish on zeit due to the zeal and size of its base, but
I dont really see why its so big and so energized.

So someone explain it like I am 5

Cheesy I like your attitude.
Surely someone has explained everything already. I'm just catching up.
Activity: 182
I am a Supporter of . . . . TZM & TVP
If you dont mind foul language and a few sexist jokes, listen to one or two podcasts by "exotic liability" (basically security professionals ranting for an hour). But highly amusing and informative, at times. Smiley

Stop it. You lost me about 6 hours of my life yesterday from the link you left on Antonopolous
You're a bad man who takes peoples lives and I bet me telling you this is making you smile as well. That's how evil you are!

Yep, that's my life ruined. Just finished the latest episode and now I've gotta start at the beginning.

You've even managed to get me to quote myself FFS
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

Links to source data
Graphics / Video
Editing
Voice &/or face

Activity: 98
normally it is always the same, backup wallet, Sometimes clear everything except wallet.dat.
In your wallet.dat is your private key. If that is preserved, you should never loose coins as coins are in the transaction log and matches with your key.
can someone tell me what needs to be done when updating a wallet? or how? I downloaded the new version of doge wallet but when i try open it, says some error because the wallet is already open and running? can u update from within the wallet? and if it does update wat are the chances i loose my doge? thanks Smiley

edit: I did it! woop woop success haha
Could we do our own mini series of Zeitgeist films compacted down to 3-5 minutes each that plants the seeds of doubt and inquisition about the current socio-economic system. Just enough for them to follow up on the bigger stuff themselves.
ZEITCOIN itself takes a back seat (perhaps just a 'created and financed by' ZeitCoin).

As I said a few posts back, I've yet to come across a really good short video that I could play for someone when chatting to them which highlighted the points I was trying to make, but in a clean, clear fashion that not all apocalyptic and conspiracy like (Storm Clouds Gathering for example make great videos but for a first timer they're just tin hat).

We could all work on the script in a GDocs or similar (a Wave server would be ideal, LOVED Google Wave), if we had a graphic designer, video editor etc in here somewhere, then we'd just need a James Earl Jones to do the voice Wink

Links to source data
Graphics / Video
Editing
Voice &/or face

Has anyone been able to go in http://zeit.imine.at havent been able to get in
Dead for me atm. Was working about 24 hours ago
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Has anyone been able to go in http://zeit.imine.at havent been able to get in
Activity: 434

How long do you think.We have also some bills to pay and elecricity of course
Yea man.
I'm quite sure there's work going on to devise a decentralised exchange. It really is the missing link.

Even excluding fiat, neither Poloniex, CoinEx or CR traded to fiat at all. The coins they trade though do have value and need to be traded with other currencies, hence the popularity and therefore weakness, of exchanges.

I have no idea how the hell it's going to work.. I have little understanding of the fundamentals of how crypto's work in general, but there are (hopefully) a sufficient number of folks who DO know that stuff and are working on it.

trying to crack that code, the problem is with trade execution and order matching

my current  conceptual solution is to do trade execution in fragments, like a bell curve

your own node is responsible for signing valid trades relevant to its listed orders and rules.

we can use a blockchain for order listing and order commands are transactions, miners do the order matching

your node must be online to catch the block with a tx containing one of your orders and fulfill it in time before the miners reassign the order based on lowest timeout block count set by orders.

blocktime of 1 minute should do

we would need something centralized for id and trust systems
you could optionally have your orders matched only with users that have a valid issued ID and trust level or do it on the your node side as a rule for trade execution

How do wallets of differing currencies check everything though, especially with varying block times and such?

Blah blah, price dropping blah blah

Chill out, the exchange was down for a while, BTC price is down, LTC is up, all the small coins are low on volume atm.
This is the time to be mining/buying up and building a strong, tight community.

We need to be working on a short term goal, this is meant to be a movement backing this coin and all I've seen is talk of price pumping.
Ideas people.... realistic ideas (we're still teeny tiny so any project should reflect that for now).
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

Activity: 77
Let's say the altcoins suffer the serious winter.
Only some of them with sth new or strong community can survive.
Jump to: