Pages:
Author

Topic: : - page 18. (Read 70881 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
August 21, 2011, 11:03:19 AM
Methinks we got a stability bot running, wouldn't be surprised if this was for the sake of the conference, the market can still be moved just the bot/s are set to hold it where it lands.......

If the human masters of those bots don't care about their own losses, well, then you stand no chance to fight them.

Aye, which is why I think the aim is stability, it comes at a cost, and the only thing I can tie in with that is positive pr for the conference.

It sounds ridiculous but it seems that we're close to the point where all the other possibilties are eliminated and the remianing improbability is the only truth.
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
August 21, 2011, 09:51:40 AM
bots are cheating.

• humans can't trade WHILE away from the computer.

I don't think bots can either...

You sir made me laugh out loud in public Smiley

I think the real reason GeniuSxBoY doesn't like trading bots is he hasn't been able to post "BUY!! BUY!! BUY!!" or "SELL! SELL! SELL!!1"  lately and he's getting withdrawal symptoms.  Wink
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
August 21, 2011, 09:41:59 AM
bots are cheating.

You sir made me laugh out loud in public Smiley
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
Always verify deals with me through my public key!
August 21, 2011, 09:04:00 AM
Methinks we got a stability bot running, wouldn't be surprised if this was for the sake of the conference, the market can still be moved just the bot/s are set to hold it where it lands.......

If the human masters of those bots don't care about their own losses, well, then you stand no chance to fight them.

Aye, which is why I think the aim is stability, it comes at a cost, and the only thing I can tie in with that is positive pr for the conference.
August 21, 2011, 07:22:14 AM

Activity: 809
Merit: 501
Always verify deals with me through my public key!
August 21, 2011, 07:10:06 AM
August 21, 2011, 06:06:09 AM
The market is still dominated by human, all it takes is a big buy order to blow these noobots out of  water, if such an order doesn't exist, the rally will not happen anyway.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)
August 20, 2011, 11:56:16 PM
bots are cheating.

Activity: 154
August 20, 2011, 11:39:51 PM
The problem with bots is they're not emotional.  They're not driven by the same psychology as herds of panicky traders.  In the real markets even the bots operated by the biggest players are still a tiny % of the overall market.  Here, the bot is playing with a big % of the total float.

A bot this big in a market this small distorts the charts and make it much harder to tap into what the herd is thinking.  That's why the hate.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
August 20, 2011, 09:47:16 PM
bots are cheating.

• noobs can't build their own bot.
  • humans can't use if() then() to trade at high frequency.

It's simply unfair. It's why men on steroids and men are separated in sports. The best men just can't compete with the best artificial humans. Similarly, the best humans can't compete with the best bots.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
August 20, 2011, 09:44:45 PM
Why the hate-on for bots?  I expect this sort of thing from random noobs, but I figured you guys would know better.

I'm just jealous that I don't have a bot trading for me.
Activity: 266
Merit: 251
August 20, 2011, 09:28:39 PM
Why the hate-on for bots?  I expect this sort of thing from random noobs, but I figured you guys would know better.
Activity: 174
August 20, 2011, 07:43:21 PM
On the plus side!!

maybe the super stable prices was actually good, even if it was only for today, since the main day of the bitcoin conference was today, if there was any "real" press there and they took part in paying for multiple things throughout the day with btc they would have found the conversions very consistent  Grin instead of the normal chaos of up and down that makes spending them seem a bit daunting and a potential problem for merchants accepting them   Grin Grin

legendary
August 20, 2011, 07:38:09 PM
Spiteful bot is spiteful... Of course, getting stuck at $11.50 was always a possibility, but I only had it ranked in the lower two percentile...

The day's not over yet.

Meh, never mind.  This bot is being a real bitch.
legendary
August 20, 2011, 03:54:59 PM
Spiteful bot is spiteful... Of course, getting stuck at $11.50 was always a possibility, but I only had it ranked in the lower two percentile...

The day's not over yet.
Activity: 1138
Merit: 523
August 20, 2011, 07:25:11 AM
That is one juicy looking possibility  Grin
Activity: 140
August 19, 2011, 09:59:45 PM
Up or Down tomorrow?  Cool
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
August 19, 2011, 08:55:54 PM
Do you think analyzing past changes in bid/ask depth (in addition to past change in price) could result in more accurate price predictions?

Absolutely not. The machines make the history of bid/ask depth completely meaningless.

That comment establishes what I suspected, this is a troll thread made for comedy!?
legendary
August 19, 2011, 08:15:02 PM
The test will be $11.80. At this rate I rather expect that to be broken before Sunday. I high of $15.20 to $16.20 on Saturday would not surprise me.

Things are certainly looking quite bullish right now.  Time will tell.  I seem to recall back in July that you projected that the next rally would happen toward the end of August.  If my memory is serving me correctly, then well done.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
August 18, 2011, 03:46:40 PM
Bitcoin is not looking half bad...

Half bad ?
50% bad, 50% good. Interpretation ? 50% price will go up, 50% price will go down ?

Sorry for trolling  Lips sealed

Bitcoin conference is about to start soon. Such events don't enter your calculations, or do they ?
I'm guessing that the Bitcoin conference is not having the big, immediate effect on the $/BTC rate that many users in this forum are expecting and maybe hoping for. Price will only go up if people are willing to buy at the current price. As many traders are hoping that the Bitcoin price moves towards $20, they won't sell at 12 or 13. Bitcoin prices will only raise, if really, really big investors give the Bitcoin market a chance and pump lots of money into the market. I'm sure if we will see a really strong rally during the Bitcoin conference or the first days after it.

Although, I personally "hope" for a steady raise towards the $20-$25 area for the end of the year as I purchased lots of Bitcoins at $19.
Yes, I must stay optimistic, what else could I do ? I'm not buying at 19$ and selling at $11. LOL
Pages:
Jump to: