Pages:
Author

Topic: ㅤ - page 9. (Read 4859 times)

copper member
Activity: 154
Merit: 234
August 27, 2021, 03:08:16 AM
I have noticed several of RainbowKun's threads in Bitcoin Discussions. He seemed like a very philosophical type of member, but he posted huge threads and walls of text where you simply lost focus after a while. I started reading his content more deeply after someone (maybe an alt of his) created a thread in Meta in which he was hailed for his discussions and research. I remember asking him in one of his threads whether everything he writes is the fruit of his own imagination and knowledge or if he is using some sources and articles while creating content. In that case, he needs to post references to the original material he used to construct his threads. He said he didn't, and that it's all his. Since I couldn't find plagiarized content, I believed what he said was true.

I am guilty of meriting some of his threads. I guess I was made to look like a fool like so many of us here. I noticed that he wasn't part of any signature campaign and neither are some of the other users that Ratimov mentioned in this thread. Maybe that was supposed to come later. Shame really if all this is true. He looked like a unique type of member. I guess not...       

Pmalek, I am very impressed with you. We have communicated in some posts, and I have also received your kind suggestions. I believe you have also read some of my articles. Do we believe others' slander because of some data piled up by others?
This is my response to Ratimov's defamation of me that I just finished writing. I hope that each of us should have the ability to think and judge independently, instead of directly listening to other people's slander.

Ratimov, do not get deluded by pride or hatred
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
August 27, 2021, 02:45:28 AM
I have noticed several of RainbowKun's threads in Bitcoin Discussions. He seemed like a very philosophical type of member, but he posted huge threads and walls of text where you simply lost focus after a while. I started reading his content more deeply after someone (maybe an alt of his) created a thread in Meta in which he was hailed for his discussions and research. I remember asking him in one of his threads whether everything he writes is the fruit of his own imagination and knowledge or if he is using some sources and articles while creating content. In that case, he needs to post references to the original material he used to construct his threads. He said he didn't, and that it's all his. Since I couldn't find plagiarized content, I believed what he said was true.

I am guilty of meriting some of his threads. I guess I was made to look like a fool like so many of us here. I noticed that he wasn't part of any signature campaign and neither are some of the other users that Ratimov mentioned in this thread. Maybe that was supposed to come later. Shame really if all this is true. He looked like a unique type of member. I guess not...      
Activity: 78
Merit: 24
August 27, 2021, 01:43:03 AM
Hello, Mr. Ratimov,
I just saw your post,I saw my name in this thread with a lot of text, a lot of screenshots, and a lot of data.

I want to temporarily suppress my own anger, Although I know that this is bad for my health,If I vent my anger in your thread like you, I will definitely be able to vent, but I think at least you are in this forum. It is a person worthy of my respect, but your words above are too gaffe, at least you have always given me the impression that you are calm and unselfish helping others, and I even doubt whether you have been hacked.

I saw my name in your thread, I don't understand, I have to figure it out, I saw that you said in the above content that it may be because of Merit, below I will post my Merit screenshots, everyone will come over take a look

Mainly because I didn't see any problems by myself,Is it because Mr. Kun gave me merit?But I checked the post that day, and anyone who responded there was given the merits.See screenshot:

Seeing the advantages gained here, even if you don’t, I think you still admire people with writing ability,Everyone is reading the article carefully,Only you will pay attention to whom Rainbow Kun gave me a Merit, which is very boring! I really can't think of any reason for him to have a huge army.
Now let’s not talk about the merits that Mr. Kun gave to others,Let’s talk about the merits he got,The merits he got should be the merits given by many predecessors,I believe you are familiar with the names inside, and I especially hate you for using " The term "cheating" is used to insult others because it is too arbitrary.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;u=2852519
Every Merit I give is carrying value. I think the replies can help me and make me feel valuable,I will naturally give me feedback, The Merit I receive is also the same. Don’t you think so? ?

Are you giving Merit with your eyes closed?
If you think it is valuable, you give it to Merit. If you think it is worthless, you don't give it.
The ones who gave me Merit are Welsh DdmrDdmr OgNasty lovesmayfamilis Pmalek fillippone. These people are the predecessors of the forum and are worthy of my respect. They give Merit to me. I believe it must be done out of inner approval. Then you say Where does the deception come from?

Conclusions

Also, the cheater sometimes likes to communicate with himself and mention his accounts. In the history of his posts, you can see the citation of responses from his own accounts. It's funny.  Cheesy

Add another
kxwhalexk
His stats- https://public.tableau.com/shared/WQD8J7T3H?:display_count=n&:origin=viz_share_link

Correct link

RainbowKun
His stats- https://public.tableau.com/shared/JQ8PJ5NQW?:display_count=n&:origin=viz_share_link

Kaggie
His stats- https://public.tableau.com/shared/T7X7PTYPQ?:display_count=n&:origin=viz_share_link

KingsDen
His stats- https://public.tableau.com/shared/BHPWKHG4M?:display_count=n&:origin=viz_share_link

I see that you treat Kaggie and KingsDen as suspect accounts,Are your heads caught in the door? Those are two of the best newcomers,I hope your eyes and brains are in place soon.
I think you should pay more attention to the content. Merit is an expression of excellent content.
Finally, I want to say to you loudly, please put your ears up, I was drawn to your farm in a muddle, I want to sue you, just on the forum, you must apologize to me, you have violated me Your reputation, you have lost my previous admiration for you, you must apologize to me, you must apologize to me!

By the way, I saw HaleyOccam on your list, he also gave it to me, but others also gave it to me the same day, the kind-hearted brother fillippone and the kind-hearted aoluain brother also supported me, I will release the screenshot below for you Open your eyes and see clearly, am I posting valuable content on the forum,

I don't think you are a content-oriented person. I feel that you rarely read other people's articles. I feel that you are addicted to self-appreciation.

Please immediately, immediately, remove my name from your list.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
August 27, 2021, 12:33:19 AM

Again, some kind of coincidence. Roll Eyes

I support. Almost all the violas you presented also use lists similar to this design.

• Decentralized features, no need to rely on a third party, transaction Sudujia is fast
  • As a representative of the blockchain, Bitcoin has a higher safety factor and more and more application scenarios.
  • Cross-border transactions can effectively evade the SWIFT settlement system. As a sovereign country, it can avoid US economic sanctions and hegemony threats
  • The key factor is lower transaction costs, and future transactions will be faster without waiting.

• The first stage is to eliminate panic, and good news is flying all over the sky, steadily rising, which may last for several months.
  • In the second stage, there is panic and a sharp drop, which may be due to the overbought phenomenon in the first stage. At this stage, various technical indicators have failed and changed at will. You will find that there is no rule, and then the market will fluctuate. , No breakthrough.
  • The mad cow is here. There is no reason to say that it has gone up wildly and ushered in a large amount of incremental funds. Bitcoin has entered the stage of dreams and emotions.

• The first type of person is obsessive-compulsive disorder, this kind of person is more obsessive, and their eyes can't wait to leave the market chart for 24 hours. Such people are often victims of the market, and one day they will obediently hand over their chips.
  • The second type of people are those with extremely low psychological endurance. They are timid and easy to flee the market without faith when the price of Bitcoin plummets. On the contrary, those who cannot withstand the temptation, those who do not have principles and persistence in the process of rising, often miss the most beautiful rainbow.
  • The third type is people who have no faith, just follow the trend, do not have their own analytical and judgment ability, let alone emotional intelligence, long-term possession is impossible for them, and it is vacillating. If you don't have this determination, please leave Bitcoin.

At first, I was somewhat surprised that many newbies appeared who use this. But later, if you pay attention to their transfer of merits, the same accounts always appear.
Just as an extra "coincidence"
copper member
Activity: 154
Merit: 234
August 26, 2021, 10:04:53 PM
I have seen some of your questions about me here, please wait for the reply of my independent article.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1022
Hello Leo! You can still win.
August 26, 2021, 09:09:59 PM
There’s the fact that some of the OP type posts, present a vocabulary that is way more complex in construction than that used when replying to quoted fragments of other people’s posts. On a complete different scale at times.
This is a genius discovery I must confess. If I have to dispute everything on this thread, not this one. Personally, @RainbowKun's articles appears complex to me, I do not actually read nor reply. But, one day I patiently went through two of his articles. I dropped a counter reply to what his article proposed, I was waiting for a technical or complex reply. But was disappointed when he replied in agreement with me despite that I opposed him. The second reply was just like "thank you for your reply, but what I am saying is..."seeming like an automated reply Grin.

@Ratimov you dropped some screenshots showing the number of posts and activity to be same. How was that achieved, because activity delays 14days before reflecting, obviously posts should be greater than activities. And also how is it related in the investigations. Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Jambler.io
August 26, 2021, 08:41:30 PM
Oh yeah, the moment I saw that topic
Check out RainbowKun's article to see if forums really need depth knowledge.
I knew it, this is going to be another "the-devil" and his 50 merits popcorn-worthy drama.
The amount and intensity of own ass licking in that topic....damn..

I had interacted with him just a few times and mainly because he was clearly trying to spin something to make it longer while losing completely logic on the way but I had a really bad feeling about his topics and one of them was the striking weird number of newbies posting not the usual shitposting but still posts that we're definitely not meant as a conversation and probably were used also to bump his topics again to attract attention and more merit.

My only dilemma left is who spent more time in this, Ratimov with this research or Rainbow-sama and his followers with the copy-spin-paste.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Cashback 15%
August 26, 2021, 08:30:55 PM
Take a look here:
Yes, I agree in the little by little...
The profuse thank-you's and similar posting style wouldn't have my radar up, but that part of his merit history is concerning.  Then again, I was duped into meriting some of them myself before they were sniffed out.  

I'll have to re-read the entirety of this thread, because off the top of my head I don't recall KingsDen being involved in the alt account ring.  Assuming he wasn't mentioned previously, I'd be interested to know if there's any evidence he was, because I've been giving him a pretty fair amount of merits.  He started this thread today, and it immediately struck me as a merit-grab attempt because there's no purpose to such a thread and it's not likely any of the Meta regulars would care about the suggestions he made, since they've been made before.

Sweet. There is still some justice left in this shithole amazing melting pot of ideas.
Well, he probably got reported by multiple members.  I know I reported him for plagiarism today or yesterday, and it'd be pretty hard for the mods to ignore such obvious proof of it even if they were inclined to do so, which I'm hoping they're not.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
August 26, 2021, 08:15:17 PM
And as promised I have removed my neg from kxwhalexk.

Sweet. There is still some justice left in this shithole amazing melting pot of ideas.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 7892
August 26, 2021, 07:20:00 PM
We shouldn't give up, no matter how much it might seem that the battle is lost.  It's discouraging, yes, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be raining holy hell down on these account farmers and shitposters when possible.

Hear hear.

kxwhalexk is now banned BTW.

BEHOLD THE POWER OF DECENTRALIZATION...

(plus mods)...

IN A NEW PARADIGM OF CIVILIZATION:

I'm naming it

BIT-CIVILIZATION.

LOL

Probably gonna get reported for plagiarism now.

Oh well, good work everybody. Let's do it again tomorrow.

And as promised I have removed my neg from kxwhalexk.
legendary
Cashback 15%
August 26, 2021, 07:03:32 PM
Lol, after I posted this question to kxwhalexk, he locked the thread.  Well, actually it was after Kingsden's post, but still--it was his thread, and the title is asking for the community to "judge this matter".  I think he doesn't like how he's being judged and knows he's busted at this point.

Here are some more interesting cases. from the category of "random and it just coincided." Cheesy I analyzed all posts RainbowKun. He has several distinct habits. When he starts to quote someone, he very often starts with the word YES. Or, at first, he thanks someone for something, and then writes his opinion.
I'd say that this is a pattern among a lot of members who don't speak English that well, but those "coincidences" are hard to ignore.  Yet more nails have been driven into his bitcointalk coffin.  Good catch, Ratimov.

When it takes more effort to find and report plagiarism to get them banned than it does for the plagiarist to spin up (no pun intended) a new account to a revenue-earning level (signatures etc), the battle is lost.
We shouldn't give up, no matter how much it might seem that the battle is lost.  It's discouraging, yes, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be raining holy hell down on these account farmers and shitposters when possible.

Edit:

kxwhalexk is now banned BTW.
Sweet.  Thanks for that bit of intel, and glad you agree that the fight is worth it.
legendary
August 26, 2021, 02:51:07 PM
At one point I saw accounts with 5+ reported plagiarized posts still hanging around so I just gave up on it.
From my experience, my plagiarism topic isn't often checked by Mods to ban them. But if I report a plagiarising post directly, they're banned much quicker.

I rarely posted in the thread and would report posts even when I did, so it's not about that. I don't mind reporting a few posts per user, since "I did it only once" was a very common excuse but I don't think it should take dozens of plagiarised posts to get a ban, or hundreds of spam posts to get a tempban, etc.

Makes me rethink my position towards trust ratings for forum rule violations, despite what "official" guidance might be. I really dislike this forum turning into affirmative action for spammers. If moderation doesn't cut it maybe an ignore system similar to trust system needs to be set up so that you can have posts hidden based on what users in your network consider low value garbage.

If the evidence in a report is very clear and easy to process then the mods do generally ban members for plagiarism on the spot, but if its the slightest bit complicated then it remains forever in the Unhandled bin.

I've had a lot of "Good" reports without bans so perhaps the posts got deleted for low value but deemed insufficient proof of plagiarism, not sure.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 7892
August 26, 2021, 02:06:38 PM
All accounts that I inform the moderators in your topic are always processed, and users are banned. But for this, I also send the report directly, with a link to the post.
But lately, some posts with obvious plagiarism have remained unprocessed. Although, if you compare all my reports to the accounts that I described above, they were banned instantly.
The moderators probably have a lot of work to do.

If the evidence in a report is very clear and easy to process then the mods do generally ban members for plagiarism on the spot, but if its the slightest bit complicated then it remains forever in the Unhandled bin.

Regardless of whether or not these accounts are copy/pasting 7 or more words in a row (the loosest definition of "plagiarism"), they are still taking the spirit of somebody else's work and claiming it as their own.

That's dishonest and certainly not trustworthy. They cheapen the forum for others who bother to come up with "original content", aka normal conversation like a normal human being.

My hypothesis is that they are all friends and such, working towards a common objective of creating a name on the forum, to launch his (Rainbow) DAO project shortly.

This makes sense as they are not in sig campaigns and haven't been applying AFAIK.

To the end of simplifying plagiarism accusations, let's see if this nudges any budges:

交易,真正的冷静来自于内心的平静,这种平静与对错无关,而是足够的相信自已,对的时候不浮躁,亏的时候不悲观,不断的自我修正,这更与感觉无关,当看到某个行情,就明白如何建仓,这就好比开车一样,踩刹车、打方向、看路面、盯前方,没有所谓的先后顺序,没有所谓的思考,而是一种本能反应,交易也是如何。

Google translation:

Trading, true calm comes from inner peace. This calm has nothing to do with right or wrong, but to believe in yourself enough, not impetuous when you are right, not pessimistic when you lose, and constant self-correction, which has nothing to do with feelings. When you see a certain market, you can understand how to open a position. This is like driving a car. There is no so-called order, no so-called thinking, but an instinctive reaction, and the transaction is also how it is. .

Also found here:

Translated:

Trading, true calm comes from inner peace. This calm has nothing to do with right or wrong, but to believe in yourself enough, not impetuous when you are right, not pessimistic when you lose, and constant self-correction, which has nothing to do with feelings. When you see a certain market, you can understand how to open a position. This is like driving a car. There is no so-called order, no so-called thinking, but an instinctive reaction, and the transaction is also how it is. .

So this is a direct word-for-word, untranslated copy/paste which would definitely result in a ban if written in English.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
August 26, 2021, 01:40:00 PM
At one point I saw accounts with 5+ reported plagiarized posts still hanging around so I just gave up on it.
From my experience, my plagiarism topic isn't often checked by Mods to ban them. But if I report a plagiarising post directly, they're banned much quicker.

All accounts that I inform the moderators in your topic are always processed, and users are banned. But for this, I also send the report directly, with a link to the post.
But lately, some posts with obvious plagiarism have remained unprocessed. Although, if you compare all my reports to the accounts that I described above, they were banned instantly.
The moderators probably have a lot of work to do.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
August 26, 2021, 11:49:14 AM
legendary
August 26, 2021, 11:38:37 AM
This is easy to fix - mods should start banning for plagiarism again.
Um....why are they not?  Is that not a thing anymore?

Not really sure. At one point I saw accounts with 5+ reported plagiarized posts still hanging around so I just gave up on it. When it takes more effort to find and report plagiarism to get them banned than it does for the plagiarist to spin up (no pun intended) a new account to a revenue-earning level (signatures etc), the battle is lost. I don't think it was trivial for nutildah to find this translated copypasta and if that doesn't result in a ban then we'll know.
legendary
Cashback 15%
August 26, 2021, 10:37:43 AM
Let's put an end to it and find a more concrete example... I spent about an hour. It's somebody else's turn.
There's no need to, IMO.  With that one post you hopefully ensured that he'll be banned for good, with no excuses this time.  Did you report that post to the mods, by any chance?

And people wonder why I'm so careful when meriting newbies, to the point where it seems like I'm biased against them.  Well, all of the evidence presented in this thread should serve as vindication of that cautiousness, because I've seen crap like this happen before.  

Um....why are they not?  Is that not a thing anymore?

You shouldn't do that:
The system is for handling trade risk, not for flagging people for good/bad posts/personalities/ideas.
Eh, then Theymos can ban these idiots.  In the meantime, the community should take matters into their own hands, just like they do with scammers, which Theymos allows to thrive on bitcointalk.  Know what I mean?

But it's ridiculous, I don't know why I was involved in this incident.
Yes you do.  And even if you aren't involved in the alt account ring, you sure as hell plagiarized your way to some serious merit earnings, which you then used to merit multiple members of the ring, thereby contributing to it.  Hopefully a permaban will be forthcoming, and sooner rather than later.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 10753
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
August 26, 2021, 09:59:06 AM
I’ve been wary of @RainbowKun for a while. There are some things that looked a bit off, and I did check for plagiarism quite a few times without rendering any results. Nevertheless, I still has the cross-language + spin possibility on a conceptual sticky note at the back of my mind.

There’s the fact that some of the OP type posts, present a vocabulary that is way more complex in construction than that used when replying to quoted fragments of other people’s posts. On a complete different scale at times.

I noticed a certain groupie effect on some of his threads (all included in OP’s list of suspects). My hypothesis is that they are all friends and such, working towards a common objective of creating a name on the forum, to launch his (Rainbow) DAO project shortly. The strategy is fine if playing by the book, but this thread is questioning whether the play is legit or foul (i.e. meriting alt accounts, or friend accounts for the sake of being friends and working towards a common goal), and whether content was partially built through intended cross-language + spinning techniques. @nutildah’s post above seems to exemplify the latter clearly in a sample case.
legendary
August 26, 2021, 07:39:44 AM
I'm red tagging plagiarists from this point forward.
You shouldn't do that:

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
August 26, 2021, 07:12:42 AM
I'm red tagging plagiarists from this point forward.
You shouldn't do that:
The system is for handling trade risk, not for flagging people for good/bad posts/personalities/ideas.

if I am banned, please delete my post:My first bitcoin shopping.I don't want to share this thing here anymore.
Mods won't do that, but you can wipe any post by yourself as long as you're not banned.

So what's happening is RainbowKun did some text spinning before posting and he seems to have combined multiple sources rather than plagiarizing an entire article.
When he posted dates and events in his (long) posts, I tried to find plagiarism (but couldn't find it). It makes sense he used different references for his long detailed posts.
Pages:
Jump to: